Unofficial Preview Crows v Tiger Banter Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Just in case Adelaide supporters have forgotten this wonderful ditty, I present to you for your listening pleasure:

They're windy up on Windy Hill,
There aint no sauce for the Pies,
The Hawks have had their wings clipped,
'Cos we're reaching for the skies.
The Lions have stopped their roarin',
The Bulldogs have lost their bite,
The Blues have got a case of the blues,
And heres the reason why.......

Here we go here we go Camry Crows
Here we go Camry Crows here we go
We'll be there in the square nose to nose
Revvin' hard til the siren goes
We're the new boys with so much to show
Bringin greetings from ever-lovin' Adelaide
Gonna tread on a few peoples toes
Cause here we go here we go Camry Crows
*'Oh what a feeling' jingle*
Camry Crows

upload_2017-4-27_9-5-37.png
1991 Toyota Camry Spirit Sedan

Just in case Adelaide supporters have forgotten this wonderful ditty, I present to you for your listening pleasure:

Camry Crows

View attachment 363090

Ouch.......

Well Richmonds club song was introduced in 1962 which means that of your 132 years of existance the club song has only been used for 55 years or just 41.7% of your existance. At least the Pride of South Australia has been used for 23 years or 88.5% of the crows history.

Camry Crows

View attachment 363090

Jesus. He brought that up.

We need to absolutely demolish the mongrels now.

Mobile Phones
Commodore 64
Fall of the Soviet Union
Ronald Reagan's first election
2 Iraq Wars
Modern Internet
Compact discs
Facebook
September 11
Charles and Diana's wedding
Kurt Cobains death
Holy Grail by hunters and Collectors
Napster
The Simpsons
West Coast Eagles
South Melbourne Relocation
Brisbane Bears
Port Adelaide Power
Fremantle Dockers
Gold Coast Suns
GWS Giants
Brisbane-Fitzroy merger
The AFL

These are some of the things that have happened since the last Richmond Premiership.

Ouch.......

Well Richmonds club song was introduced in 1962 which means that of your 132 years of existance the club song has only been used for 55 years or just 41.7% of your existance. At least the Pride of South Australia has been used for 23 years or 88.5% of the crows history.

Camry Crows

View attachment 363090

I must confess to having a bit of a soft spot for our old song... was super good fun singing it as a youngen. Plus, it's still nowhere near as inane as Port, West Coast or Freo's songs.

Last edited:
Getting serious for one sec (wrong thread i know), 2016 was pretty much a complete and utter train wreck. We had coaches undermining each other, players bullying others, a coach white anting the captain, a toxic disfunctional culture, and a game plan that didnt anticipate the consequences of the new interchange cap and stricter OOB interpretation.

So pretty much a complete cluster ****

!
Can u explain that cause we know nothing of the inner workings of richmond. Hardwick is still your coach... the same guy u extended the contract which headed the trainwreck.

Can u explain that cause we know nothing of the inner workings of richmond. Hardwick is still your coach... the same guy u extended the contract which headed the trainwreck.

Much more detailed discussion (some of which im only prepared to discuss in pm), but short version there is a reason all assistants but truck we sacked, and choco was sacked. Also the club wasnt sad to see lids leave.

A lot was due to the head of the footy dept (dan richardson) being out of his depth, which lead to this s**t exploding. Him being demoted and bringing in balme has had a massive impact.

Remember we stripped away a lot of the coaches power over recruitment, staff, and coaches after wally

Much more detailed discussion (some of which im only prepared to discuss in pm), but short version there is a reason all assistants but truck we sacked, and choco was sacked. Also the club wasnt sad to see lids leave.

A lot was due to the head of the footy dept (dan richardson) being out of his depth, which lead to this s**t exploding. Him being demoted and bringing in balme has had a massive impact.

Remember we stripped away a lot of the coaches power over recruitment, staff, and coaches after wally
Those in the habit of making excuses, are also in the habit of failing.

We lost in the space of a few years; Bock, Davis, Tippet, Gunston and Dangerfield. That alone would have destroyed most clubs. We also lost 2 years of 1st and 2nd round draft picks. Carlton still haven't recovered from that happening to them 15 years ago. Our Strategy coach was suspended for most of the season for something the club had nothing to do with. He later died of cancer. Our head coach was murdered. Still think the poor Tiges had it tough?

Quality clubs find a way.

There's a saying in golf that any change works for three holes

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Those in the habit of making excuses, are also in the habit of failing.

We lost in the space of a few years; Bock, Davis, Tippet, Gunston and Dangerfield. That alone would have destroyed most clubs. We also lost 2 years of 1st and 2nd round draft picks. Carlton still haven't recovered from that happening to them 15 years ago. Our Strategy coach was suspended for most of the season for something the club had nothing to do with. He later died of cancer. Our head coach was murdered. Still think the poor Tiges had it tough?

Quality clubs find a way.

Wasnt saying "woe is us" fwiw. The club was a mess last year and we cut out what we believed to be the cancer. As i said at the start, we are yet to see if it worked, but the early signs are promising.

If we collapse again, i dare say the blood letting will be even more extreme. Noone is defending 2016

Mobile Phones
Commodore 64
Fall of the Soviet Union
Ronald Reagan's first election
2 Iraq Wars
Modern Internet
Compact discs
Facebook
September 11
Charles and Diana's wedding
Kurt Cobains death
Holy Grail by hunters and Collectors
Napster
The Simpsons
West Coast Eagles
South Melbourne Relocation
Brisbane Bears
Port Adelaide Power
Fremantle Dockers
Gold Coast Suns
GWS Giants
Brisbane-Fitzroy merger
The AFL

These are some of the things that have happened since the last Richmond Premiership.
upload_2017-4-27_12-35-23.png
In homage to the Getaway I would like to honour the following trades

Trade to Adelaide for Richard Tambling.

• On 6 October 2010 he was traded to the Adelaide Crows for two draft selections, a first round and third round pick. On the 30th October, 2013 after only 16 games, he was delisted

Angus Graham
  • On 19 October 2012, Graham signed with Adelaide Football Club for two years but did not play in 2013 or in 2014. On 6 September 2014, Adelaide announced that his contract would not be renewed

Surely this belongs here !!

QbXW4Wu

Ha! That was one of the first GIFs I ever made, I completely forgot about that.

It'll be nice if Milera can regain some of that form again.

Getting serious for one sec (wrong thread i know), 2016 was pretty much a complete and utter train wreck. We had coaches undermining each other, players bullying others, a coach white anting the captain, a toxic disfunctional culture, and a game plan that didnt anticipate the consequences of the new interchange cap and stricter OOB interpretation.
I truly thought a Port supporter had wandered in by mistake

We should cheer Dustin Martin, since he'll be on the Crows roster in seven months' time ;)
Don't worry, after carving up your midfield he'll realise there isn't any Crows he wants to play with.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back