Game Day Crows Vs Kangaroos: Battle for the bottom.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 26, 2015
The Land of Apricot Slice
AFL Club
Adelaide
In what should be an absolute marquee spectacle, the worst 2 teams in the competition face-off in a race for the coveted pick one.

Will Gibbs get his clothes dirty? Which kangaroo spud will turn into a Harlem Globetrotter for today's game?

Stay tuned for the next exciting installment of "The Rebuild"*

*The Rebuild may not actually contain a rebuild, please check the team sheets before considering if this constitutes an actual rebuild.

Norf have showed their intent, dropping Polec after a 25 poss and 4 coaches votes game. They want pick 1 badly.

Have we got the balls to match that level of commitment? History and selection says no.

I suspect Norf will seize the opportunity presented today and we will take the first step toward shooting ourselves in the foot with an 11 point win

Irrespective of pick 1, we need to win a game this year. A winless season is disastrous mentally. Young guys need to know the feeling of winning at some point. This comes at the halfway point so is good timing. 1 now and 1 toward the end of the season is about optimal.

We won't win more than 2 (more likely 1, possibly 0) and every other side already has 2 wins, cant see them all going winless from here (even Norf).

Anyone advocating we lose is treating the whole thing like a video game or a spreadsheet.

Norf have showed their intent, dropping Polec after a 25 poss and 4 coaches votes game. They want pick 1 badly.

Have we got the balls to match that level of commitment? History and selection says no.

I suspect Norf will seize the opportunity presented today and we will take the first step toward shooting ourselves in the foot with an 11 point win

To be honest, I actually wouldn’t mind if we win a couple games and missed pick one if Shoenberg, McHenry, Butts and the other youngsters were playing.
But to scrape together a handful of wins with the older brigade all playing at their expense is madness.

Is it just me or is the dropping of Polec the most obvious tank by North Melbourne? How can you honestly Justify that?
Easy to justify.

The short turn around in games. Ideal time for him to have a rest against the bottom team. Rest up so they have a better team against the better sides in the next few games.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Irrespective of pick 1, we need to win a game this year. A winless season is disastrous mentally. Young guys need to know the feeling of winning at some point. This comes at the halfway point so is good timing. 1 now and 1 toward the end of the season is about optimal.

We won't win more than 2 (more likely 1, possibly 0) and every other side already has 2 wins, cant see them all going winless from here (even Norf).

Anyone advocating we lose is treating the whole thing like a video game or a spreadsheet.
Whats more damaging for the kids is not even getting a game in a winless season

Apparently an attitude thing.

"You''ll never be a loser with that attitude!"

Speaking of losers, I've highlighted everything wrong with our selections this week:

1596236590231.png

Not one debutant? The tank is on, bring in Strachan to face Goldstein!!! And Knight has been selected?! I didn't even know he was still alive!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Speaking of losers, I've highlighted everything wrong with our selections this week:

View attachment 924432

Not one debutant? The tank is on, bring in Strachan to face Goldstein!!! And Knight has been selected?! I didn't even know he was still alive!
I am sorry that DMac is out, and it upsets you so much. Rest assured he will be back soon.

View attachment 924432

We’ve found the Mackay fan. I knew there was one.

In more interesting news, we're down to our final four combatants in the goalkicking game.

Doc_ - Stengle

jackster83 - McAdam
croweater 41 - McAdam

Kenny Dee - Murphy (plus has an Immunity Card up the sleeve)

If I had better things to do which i dont being in Melbourne lockdown I would give this spectacle a miss.

On SM-A205YN using BigFooty.com mobile app
My brother wants to go shopping instead of playing poker - so that means I will be home instead

(venues too far for solo talking)

We will win, and it'll give some supporters a lot of joy that "the rebuild is working, see !!!!"

I wanted to win a game this year, but not like this. Can only hope Hamill and Jones keep feeding McAdam and Stengle.

Once again I'll miss most of the game and I don't really care.

Whats more damaging for the kids is not even getting a game in a winless season

I agree and I would hope you are not implying I suggested anything different.

But let's not pretend we dont have kids in this side. Are there enough? Maybe a couple short but those who are in the team today matter too.

Besides, I would suggest we need to apply yhis to anyone under 25 and we have several that fit that category today.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back