Game Day R18 - Adelaide v GWS - The Battle for a Road Elim

Remove this Banner Ad

I still cant get over that Keays kick, did he even have any GWS player closing in on him to cause him to shank a simple kick that most SANFL reserve players could nail.
Its cause the bloke has poor skills, and not a fxxkn drop of composure. He’s a d-grade player that just gut runs and tries hard.. barely sanfl standard.

but he was far from our worst tonight.

sloane.. endless handballs to no one.. cant even kick a 20m pass. Plodding around whilst his GWS opponent tears the game apart. Is so slow that he doesnt even stand upright before he kicks the footy when he’s picked it up below his knees because he’s terrified he’s about to be tackled.

its literally a fxxkn disgrace he was allowed to have a 250th. He didnt deserve it after last week and he doesnt deserve to get kissed on the dick by the selection fairies week in week out..

its actually a bit of poetic justice that his 250th was a loss. Really should have retired when he did his knee.

they’ll sign him up for another season though. Guaranteed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mcadam?..

thats his first game since round fxxkn one.. of course he’s gonna be off the pace.. and did you notice how garbage the entries into our forward line were at all?

more like keays, murphy, sholl, mchenry and sloane… every single one of them is SH*T..
McAdam did do that horrible 20m kick inside 50 which sailed over Fogarty's head when he was clear in the lead.......

We are 1 win and four losses in greasy conditions. I know we are normally good at home and I expect a response for sloaney and after last week but looking at the crows sanfl game today there will be wet grass out there tonight and so I am a bit worried.

That’s a fair call. We are definitely not as good in wet and I think it did get quite greasy as the game went on. So many times we slipped over

Poor Max in particular noticeable several key times

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Lol, we're not beating Melbourne.

I meant only with pure belief, everything needs to go perfect all over the ground to win that one. What are the chances? .... not great but you never know sometimes.

Players need to focus on the game, not focus on making the finals because that has distracted them. When the pressure is on, they lose it big time. So next Sunday is a true test.

I understand being frustrated, but these are just crap and not factually true comments
It is most assuredly true and the reason we will and do go nowhere - year on, year out. Acceptance of mediocrity is a curse, and unfortunately seems to be the modus operandi for the club and its supporters.

Off the field - who is elite? Darren Burgess is about the only one. Our coaching staff is B grade, many players seem to have gone backwards in there development, and we didn't even have the cahonies to get rid of Godden - the architect of the worst midfield the club has seen since its inception. But I don't think it matters much, as it is clear the main issue is still with the squad. Unless you could get Hardwick changing the coach is pointless.

On the field - who would you put in elite? Rankine? Dawson? Laird? There are no other options I'm afraid. The potential elite talent we have is limited to a half dozen players, if that. It is not a stretch to label it as "pretty much zero elite talent". Elite talent has the ability to change the momentum of a game - and we don't have many that have demonstrated they can do that.

The drafting was overlooked in the "review", and recently lauded by many of the enablers, and we will continue to serve up bottom 4 results if we do not actually overhaul the recruitment department, which should have been done 6 years ago. The names of at least 12-14 of the current regular 21 will not take us to a premiership, even old blind freddy can see that.

It seems the change of CEO etc has done nothing to reinvigorate and electrify the club. We have improved - from being the worst team the club has ever had, from being the worst team in the competition, and now we are average and occasionally play a decent game - but it seems like business as usual in crowland.

And Roo is still a director. Worked just as well for North Melbourne having a club great as a long term footy director as it has for us.

Being critical and sceptical should be a good thing - the club needs its supporters to be like that now more than ever. Being negative and nasty and player bashing is not the same thing...

McAdam did do that horrible 20m kick inside 50 which sailed over Fogarty's head when he was clear in the lead.......
You can't expect much from a player who has been out for 4 months. We should have introduced him against a bad side such as North. You don't bring a player back from such a long term break in a make or break game. Nicks learning on the job.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back