Current injury list

Remove this Banner Ad

Pickers was just asked about Moore on SEN. Half hinted at it not being very bad and only a couple of weeks. Didn't sound very convincing whatsoever though.
He doesn't sound convincing whenever he speaks about Moore, he hates Garry and Tim bringing him up for some reason no matter the topic.

Pickers was just asked about Moore on SEN. Half hinted at it not being very bad and only a couple of weeks. Didn't sound very convincing whatsoever though.

He ran off the ground pretty quick and without much impairment, so wouldn't be surprised if he felt a twinge and played it safe. Not that it means much though, he did that last year at about round 17 and ended up not playing again for the year.

He doesn't sound convincing whenever he speaks about Moore, he hates Garry and Tim bringing him up for some reason no matter the topic.

I think because he knows it would be a couple of weeks for the average player, but 6 weeks for Moore. I feel like his recovery from injuries would be so unpredictable that it puts Pickers, the club, etc. all in an awkward place when asked.

He ran off the ground pretty quick and without much impairment, so wouldn't be surprised if he felt a twinge and played it safe. Not that it means much though, he did that last year at about round 17 and ended up not playing again for the year.

Exactly, the one on the weekend felt so similar to the one against Sydney

I think because he knows it would be a couple of weeks for the average player, but 6 weeks for Moore. I feel like his recovery from injuries would be so unpredictable that it puts Pickers, the club, etc. all in an awkward place when asked.
Is only minor damage but club is going to play it safe and probably will miss about 5. Will be underdone for finals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stand corrected.... but Hearing the rest of the year?

Hope for the best and expect the worst has been my attitude for the past 8 weeks. The longer it goes the more my expectations grow and as it stands, given he’s not in full training, best case scenario is he’s at least a month from senior footy.

The players that have real doubts injury health wise, or suspended.
Noting Adams is now ready to go and I’ll count Howe as ready (or say 1 week away):

• Stephenson (returns first final)
  • Wells (outside chance at best)
  • Langdon (status unknown, maybe returns pre finals?)
  • Murray (indefinite suspension)
  • Pendlebury (the finger surely not too long on the sidelines)
  • Beams (hip and health)
  • Dunn (it’s done for the year)
  • Reid (on off injuries)
  • Kelly (hamstring but developing all the same, well review him again next season)
  • Murphy (SV very sad he’s longer term this year; but it’s not about me)
  • Moore (weeks.... ps go back to blonde game)

The players that have real doubts injury health wise, or suspended.
Noting Adams is now ready to go and I’ll count Howe as ready (or say 1 week away):

• Stephenson (returns first final)
  • Wells (outside chance at best)
  • Langdon (status unknown, maybe returns pre finals?)
  • Murray (indefinite suspension)
  • Pendlebury (the finger surely not too long on the sidelines)
  • Beams (hip and health)
  • Dunn (it’s done for the year)
  • Reid (on off injuries)
  • Kelly (hamstring but developing all the same, well review him again next season)
  • Murphy (SV very sad he’s longer term this year; but it’s not about me)
  • Moore (weeks.... ps go back to blonde game)

This Murray thing is really frustrating.

Reid and Wells pointless bc you couldn’t trust them in a final to play game out. Shame bc Wells would be one who would just excel at Finals footy. He’d go next level bc of his calmness and clean ball use.

Langdon is important. The way he drops off crucial for us.

Beams and Stephenson am hopeful. As much as respect Beams and the mental health part of me hopes he is excited about the prospect of what he can achieve in a finals series and the positivity he can draw from it....but I’m no expert and suspect it’s not a motivator at all.

This Murray thing is really frustrating.

Reid and Wells pointless bc you couldn’t trust them in a final to play game out. Shame bc Wells would be one who would just excel at Finals footy. He’d go next level bc of his calmness and clean ball use.

Langdon is important. The way he drops off crucial for us.

Beams and Stephenson am hopeful. As much as respect Beams and the mental health part of me hopes he is excited about the prospect of what he can achieve in a finals series and the positivity he can draw from it....but I’m no expert and suspect it’s not a motivator at all.
Agree on much of your post.

Only slight difference if Ive read it right, Stephenson goes straight in for finals. And I think he’ll be brutal.

Also if I’m risking one player to run out a game that looks ready for finals it’s Wells. As you say, he’s next level calm...
Half a grand final from him and I’d pull the trigger happily.
But I love Wells so if he’s declared fit finals time, I’d pull the trigger.

moore I feel will miss only 2 and 3 at the most and whats the news on langdon good if we can get him back in say 4 weeks

Remove this Banner Ad

Back