Current injury list

Remove this Banner Ad

Everyone's talking about Reid's injury as though it is known to be serious but I haven't seen anything released from the club as yet other than that he has a quad injury. As for Adams, why did we wait to have the finger fixed if we knew about it and could have done the op over the pre season?

As for Adams, why did we wait to have the finger fixed if we knew about it and could have done the op over the pre season?
Because operations should not be the go to fix.
Natural recovery, if possible is better for the human body.
Also I think there is this wide belief that operations just fix things.

Anyone with chronic back issues that have had injections in the back or surgery would state, even such dramatic solutions are not the be all and end all.

Exhibit A : Elliott. A year out, of the game, and he’s had surgery.

Who else has opened The Age website today, saw the face of Grundy staring at them and gone into a blind panic prior to scrolling down?

Thank God is all I can say.

Yesterday's list from The Age:

Collingwood: Taylor Adams (finger), Tim Broomhead (leg), Jordan De Goey (foot), Lynden Dunn (knee), Will Hoskin-Elliott (knee), Matt Scharenberg (knee), Daniel Wells (foot).

So it is get your finger out, put your leg forward and bend your knee if you don't want a foot up your .....:D

Everyone's talking about Reid's injury as though it is known to be serious but I haven't seen anything released from the club as yet other than that he has a quad injury. As for Adams, why did we wait to have the finger fixed if we knew about it and could have done the op over the pre season?

Don’t go there TGG re Adams it’s a hiding to nothing discussion.

FWIW I don’t think it’s as cut and dried as surgery was always required.

Don’t go there TGG re Adams it’s a hiding to nothing discussion.

FWIW I don’t think it’s as cut and dried as surgery was always required.
Cheers Scodog10, I'll drop the bone and let others fight over it. Must admit, if Sier's status was clearer I would be much less concerned about Adams missing games.

Cheers Scodog10, I'll drop the bone and let others fight over it. Must admit, if Sier's status was clearer I would be much less concerned about Adams missing games.

I hear ya! It’s the only area I can fault Walsh. Poor comms are better than no comms, but again it’s probably another topic not worth picking at.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I won't believe it till he is named against Geelong and actually takes the field at game time! :think:
This.
We have been burned before by the Collingwood “it’s all ok”, or “2-3 weeks” comments.
To be fair to the club, why would you telegraph your gameplan to the opposition?
For us fans, we would love truth and transparency.
But the club, the coaches, think differently.

Updated list from Fox Sports today.
https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/ca...1/news-story/9d83b9c7941624f6d5e5020c167e6980

Taylor Adams (Finger) — 3-4 weeks
Tim Broomhead (Leg) — 1-2 week
Jordan De Goey (Foot) — Available
Lynden Dunn (Knee) — 1-2 week
Will Hoskin-Elliott (Knee) — 2-3 weeks
Ben Reid (Quad) — TBC
Matt Scharenberg (Knee) — Indefinite
Jaidyn Stephenson (Groin) — Available
Daniel Wells (Foot) — 1 week

Updated list from Fox Sports today.
https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/ca...1/news-story/9d83b9c7941624f6d5e5020c167e6980

Taylor Adams (Finger) — 3-4 weeks
Tim Broomhead (Leg) — 1-2 week
Jordan De Goey (Foot) — Available
Lynden Dunn (Knee) — 1-2 week
Will Hoskin-Elliott (Knee) — 2-3 weeks
Ben Reid (Quad) — TBC
Matt Scharenberg (Knee) — Indefinite
Jaidyn Stephenson (Groin) — Available
Daniel Wells (Foot) — 1 week
geez, that doesn't look so bad, apart from Shaz.

Yup.

Well, it's almost been a year since his broken leg. You'd think by now he would be around the mark to join full training.
Yeah in that context for sure, but I was under the impression he’s been labouring badly with the injury at training recently.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back