• Nomad

Votes: 9 40.9%
  • Street kid

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Delays are usually good, as long as they aren't biting off more than they can chew and continually pushing it back because the vision was beyond what's achievable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As long as it is released on current-gen as well.
Microsoft have said that there won't be any launch exclusives, everything will be on both gens for a while

Microsoft have said that there won't be any launch exclusives, everything will be on both gens for a while

That's for their 1st party studios.
They don't have a say in what 3rd party wants to do (which will be chasing money and releasing on all consoles anyway, so I guess you're right haha)

That's for their 1st party studios.
They don't have a say in what 3rd party wants to do (which will be chasing money and releasing on all consoles anyway, so I guess you're right haha)
We've also reached the point where it's not a new OS or different CPU architecture like in the old days
So really releasing on PS4 and 5 is more like dealing with minimum and recommended specs on PC than porting a game

So CDPR are forcing their employees to crunch between now and September

FFS just delay it longer if needed. Not worth making people's lives miserable over a flipping video game

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FFS just delay it longer if needed. Not worth making people's lives miserable over a flipping video game
You realize they said it's complete and playable right? The delay seems nothing more than just testing, tweaking and polishing so it isn't a bug-riddled turd upon release like most games are these days before the day 1 patch.

Not sure you need to delay a game by 6 months + crunch if it's only polish they needed, must be way more work to be done

FF7 remake needed polish and it was delayed for only a month
There are different levels of polish though, it depends where the game is at currently and what they're striving for. Either of those things could be different between FF7 and Cyberpunk - not to mention the likely scale of Cyberpunk if we're using 'bigger and better than Witcher' as a reference point.

More aware gamers might say this, but I doubt the majority would and CDPR's investors almost certainly aren't.

Unfortunately these sorts of working conditions aren't uncommon in the game development industry and I don't see how it changes unless they change the way studios are structured (i.e less small studios that only release a game every 3 or 4 years) or how games are funded (i.e with MTX)

Irrelevant to CDPR a company that has substantial development cycles for their titles.

2007 - Witcher
2011 - Witcher 2
2015 - Witcher 3
2020 - Cyberpunk 2077
That doesn't automatically mean that that isn't what is happening right now. As the article points out, its not something limited to the developers of yearly AAA games.

This article talks about the 'crunch' process. It's ugly. Not sure if this how CDRPR operate.

I've never worked in software development so someone with experience can feel free to correct me, but when I did my programming qualification I had to cover several development methodologies and "crunch" isn't uncommon and it doesn't always necessarily mean enforced slave labour. While it sounds like everyone is on a salary and without overtime and it's not uncommon to work longer than 40 hours a week unpaid, if something like the Agile methodology is being used then it might be a bit crunch time that's expected during the "sprint", however it might not be everyone on the "scrum" team engaged for the entire sprint. That's just one example of course but I noticed that article alludes to that sort of thing but I thought I'd just clarify. Good article though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back