Streaming Dahmer – Monster: The Jeffrey Dahmer Story

Streaming Television

Remove this Banner Ad

Some of the grossest promotion of a show I've seen. A real 14 year old was drugged and murdered, that's not a topic of a cutesy "Can't stop thinking about" tweet.

This seems the pinnacle of the exploitative nature of a lot of the explosion in popularity of the true crime genre. I have no desire to watch this.

Finished watching - I think it was...ok.

Felt a bit gratuitous at times (though I know others may think suits the story) but thats probably just me. Another series which should have been 6 episodes instead of 10, just way too long and I don't think they needed to make it run as long (as it didn't add much more value in the viewing experience).

I can understand why they take a run at it with more episodes - serial killer profiles rate highly (particularly those that sit in the minds of people that remember it but also introduce it to a generation that don't know much about it). Exploitative yes, but this sells time and time again.

Will probably watch the documentary that hits on Netflix shortly - I recall preferring to watch the documentary over the dramatised movies of Ted Bundy.

Felt a bit gratuitous at times (though I know others may think suits the story) but thats probably just me. Another series which should have been 6 episodes instead of 10, just way too long and I don't think they needed to make it run as long (as it didn't add much more value in the viewing experience).

I can understand why they take a run at it with more episodes - serial killer profiles rate highly (particularly those that sit in the minds of people that remember it but also introduce it to a generation that don't know much about it). Exploitative yes, but this sells time and time again.

Will probably watch the documentary that hits on Netflix shortly - I recall preferring to watch the documentary over the dramatised movies of Ted Bundy.

im 6 episodes in and thats basically how i see it

If you like Bundy get your hands on Ann Rule - The Stranger Beside Me.

Can't bring myself to watch this, some years back I read The Shrine Of Jeffrey Dahmer and I'm still disturbed by it.

Honestly I found this pretty underwhelming. Whilst I agree some of the storytelling and the way it was made was brilliant with great acting, I guess I just wasn't as glued to the TV or as hooked as I have been with shows/docos of a similar nature.

I don't think Dahmer was portrayed anywhere near as evil/sadistic as he actually was. That, coupled with a few things here & there that were completely made up for TV purposes. I dunno... agree RE a slow burn at times, but underwhelming overall.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Honestly I found this pretty underwhelming. Whilst I agree some of the storytelling and the way it was made was brilliant with great acting, I guess I just wasn't as glued to the TV or as hooked as I have been with shows/docos of a similar nature.

I don't think Dahmer was portrayed anywhere near as evil/sadistic as he actually was. That, coupled with a few things here & there that were completely made up for TV purposes. I dunno... agree RE a slow burn at times, but underwhelming overall.
Agreed. He was much much worse in real life.

I must admit, I did think that as well. Wasn't sure if it was just my recollection or perhaps I've just consumed to much serial killer material but he really didn't come across as awful as I thought he was.

I must admit, I did think that as well. Wasn't sure if it was just my recollection or perhaps I've just consumed to much serial killer material but he really didn't come across as awful as I thought he was.

it left alot of the really weird s**t out of it - like the collection of skulls, whole skeleton etc. Might have seen a passing glimps or mention but nothing into the really saddistic part of it all

I though the last couple of episodes were decent, especially how they did the award to the neighbour at the same time as the award to the police officers.....

it left alot of the really weird s**t out of it - like the collection of skulls, whole skeleton etc. Might have seen a passing glimps or mention but nothing into the really saddistic part of it all

I though the last couple of episodes were decent, especially how they did the award to the neighbour at the same time as the award to the police officers.....
Whilst it made for good TV, this was one of a few things that never actually happened IRL.

Finished it the other day, and it dragged towards the end. I googled and found out that Glenda didn't live next door to him, she was in another building. There was some stuff on his real neighbor, who apparently ate meat he'd given her. I guess they combined these two into one character for TV.

I felt bad for his dad but the way he reacted to having to give any book profits to the victim's families put me off, what did he expect? I think there was too much of Glenda, I guess they wanted a hero in the story. The grandmother's house is still up and people live in it :oops:

It was pretty good but I wouldn't watch it again. Night Stalker: The Hunt for A Serial Killer is one of the best I've watched if anyone is interested.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back