Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
Who else is watching?

Few eps in so far and it is outstanding. The first ep was so incredibly intense from the beginning.

Dahmer_netflix_series.jpg

Just watched the 5th episode. I'm enjoying it, if you can call watching this enjoying it. The guy playing his dad is a brilliant actor.

I remember when this story broke, one ****ed up thing after another.

I obviously knew he was messed up but I didn't realise he was this messed up...

it was a real slow burn of a show

they kind of act like he was really cunning but it seems like it was mainly just racism and general police laziness that allowed him to operate for as long as he did

Episode 6 is close to the best storytelling episode of anything I have ever seen. It's not an easy watch and it's so heavy but everyone involved should be proud, casting, acting, lighting, directing everyone.
Depressing and devastating af

I don’t know if I can do the rest

I finished the series and while it isnt a comfortable watch, it is historical. I remember the story breaking and how bizarre it was/is, it's the historical part that makes me watch.

It's very well made and I'm not smart enough to explain the different angles the story is told from.. The Victims, the Parents, the Neighbours, the community, the Police, but it is done with much skill, and dare I suggest, with much care.

The series makes you feel for everyone, even Dahmer at times.

"I'd completely forgot, or had never realised he himself was murdered. I watched the entire series under the presumption he was still alive so the final episode was not what I expected.. But In 1994 I was dropping acid and smoking alotta weed so must have missed that news bulletin.

Last edited:
Episode 6 is close to the best storytelling episode of anything I have ever seen. It's not an easy watch and it's so heavy but everyone involved should be proud, casting, acting, lighting, directing everyone.
Was very different wasn't it. Beautiful at times, haunting, tragic, silent.

But very well made.

The My Friend Dahmer film a few years back (kind of a high school prequel?) was decent, so I probably won't be in a rush to see this, and Evan Peters getting cast seems a little too obvious if you know what I mean.

These takes sound very promising though!

The My Friend Dahmer film a few years back (kind of a high school prequel?) was decent, so I probably won't be in a rush to see this, and Evan Peters getting cast seems a little too obvious if you know what I mean.

There are 3 or 4 episodes that are incredibly well made that deserve attention. The subject matter is tough at times, but I feel a lot of care has been taken here and overall it's a very impressive series, with some very, very poignant episodes that have been brilliantly crafted. .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great series, educational and enjoyable. I hope they make similar series based on other killers.

Yeah Peters has played serial killers 4-5 times with American Horror. Would’ve preferred another actor

Just shows how *ed up the cops are over there

Disturbing and a hard watch
The pre birth
The care after birth
The pre school
The primary and high school
Work
Police
Courts
Juvenile system
The electoral system

The thing is now the serial killer has morphed into public displays of devastation and they too fall through the spaces in between each of those above

I must admit i have found it a slog, it is deliberately very very slow (bordering on tedious at times) but my word its well made, Evan Peters and Richard Jenkins in parrticular.

Ep 6 got me hard though. Ill finish the series just based on the quality of that but i had to take a few days, that ep just ripped my soul out and punted it across the room.

just started watching, 2 eps in. Was reading about dahmer on wiki and didn’t realise he got caught in 1991. I have no memory of this when it all happened I would have been 13-14 at the time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back