List Mgmt. Dan Hannebery - 5 year deal & Pick 28 to St.Kilda for Pick 39 & 2019 2nd Round Pick

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sydney will get it done because they need the cap space. Despite his contract we hold the whip hand.
For who? If Lloyd, Rohan and Newman are leaving we don't need the cap space at all. In fact we need to spend it on someone to hit the agreed spend.
This is a fairly even trade on the requirements I think. Hanners needs to get back to Melbourne, you guys need someone to show your club what two way running is,we'd like your first pick, or maybe we have another target in mind, and perhaps people in your club are reaching to keep their jobs. Will be very interesting to see how it plays out. Talk of next years second is laughable. Maybe you guys can have Rohan too. He's a lot better player than Horse managed to get out of him and also needs back to Vic for personal/family reasons.
Happy for you to take Horse btw if you end up needing a coach.
Hanners, Horse and our pick for your first.

Both longer and Pierce are better tbh. Longer and Pierce both better taps and combined with Marshall on field would add mobility.
Longer is terrible and while I like pierce, he has played 4 games in 6 years on the list... not even remotely enough football to warrant being considered our #1.

For who? If Lloyd, Rohan and Newman are leaving we don't need the cap space at all. In fact we need to spend it on someone to hit the agreed spend.
This is a fairly even trade on the requirements I think. Hanners needs to get back to Melbourne, you guys need someone to show your club what two way running is,we'd like your first pick, or maybe we have another target in mind, and perhaps people in your club are reaching to keep their jobs. Will be very interesting to see how it plays out. Talk of next years second is laughable. Maybe you guys can have Rohan too. He's a lot better player than Horse managed to get out of him and also needs back to Vic for personal/family reasons.
:rainbow:

I'll counter your offer with:

Picks 57 & 75 for Hannebery plus your 67 & 85.

They would be worth about $200,000 each. Sydney did some stupid pay scale where they expected salary cap increases every couple of years. Backloaded guys like Franklin. You have to come up with extra cap space every year. Rohan is a spud, plays one or two okay games every now and then.

Is it just me or is it laughingly obvious that Sydney are leaking stories about other clubs being interested in Hannebery so as to try and extricate a better deal from the Saints?

SYDNEY: Do us a favour mate, will you take Hannebery off our hands so we can play with the other clubs in trade week.

SAINTS: OK

SYDNEY: Just need to swap first rounders and it’s all do....

SAINTS: NO

SYDNEY: OK. No problems, That spud Bellings will do. Sign here and...

SAINTS: NO.

SYDNEY: OK, all riiiight. Jeezuz. Have a snickers bar, already. We’ll take the diabetic kid. What’s his name? Padded McCurtains. Righto then, just initial here...

SAINTS: NO.

COLLINGWOOD: Hey mate, is Parker available?

SYDNEY: Butt out will ya, Plugger said I’m not allowed to talk to you.

SYDNEY: Sorry about that mate. Those boys want Hannebery. They were going to give us Darcy Moore! So McCartin right?

SAINTS: Future third or GTFO.

You have no idea it’s actually quite funny, you have pushed him out the door.

What’s being debated is how much of his salary you will pay, very luck to get a second rounder.

I was being serious...
Obviously you're not as thats ridiculous.

If your “serious” was to throw Billings in with the deal, then don’t become a list manager mate. Not ours, anyway.

If your “serious” was to throw Billings in with the deal, then don’t become a list manager mate. Not ours, anyway.
It's not like his name hasn't been thrown up all year. Saints are going to have to give something. Billings is just one of many names. He has underperformed but has potential to be a star. Hannerbery has runs on the board and will have an immediate impact even if he slowly declines throughout the contract it's still a win. If not Billings then who? That has some worth. Not sure why everyone's on the back foot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we can somehow get pick 20 from West Coast in part of a deal for Hickey, then turn it into Hannebury and pick 34, then that would be good.

Hickey and pick 61 for pick 20
Picks 20 and 57 for Hannebury and pick 34

Then go to the draft with picks 3, 34 and 61. Hickey out, Hannebury in.

I'm not being entirely serious though, am I? ;)

It's not like his name hasn't been thrown up all year. Saints are going to have to give something. Billings is just one of many names. He has underperformed but has potential to be a star. Hannerbery has runs on the board and will have an immediate impact even if he slowly declines throughout the contract it's still a win. If not Billings then who? That has some worth. Not sure why everyone's on the back foot.
If you want your suggestions to be taken seriously dont suggest trading one of our most talented players, who is only 23 and despite having a "disappointing" year produced numbers which are considering good for a lot of players for a soon be to 28 year old with unknown groin issues who has been below his best for 2 years.

You have no idea it’s actually quite funny, you have pushed him out the door.

No mate, his LT girlfriend did. Now he wants back to Melbourne, his family and reset his life. Many of us have been there, done that - and a move away will be great for him and his footy. There's something going on with old school connections down there too. Maybe Hanners dad has some compromising photos...:D
Anyway, we'll see. We aren't known for playing hardball in negotiations...Wish Hanners all the best wherever he plays. He'll be a good get.

If you want your suggestions to be taken seriously dont suggest trading one of our most talented players, who is only 23 and despite having a "disappointing" year produced numbers which are considering good for a lot of players for a soon be to 28 year old with unknown groin issues who has been below his best for 2 years.
Some are discussing Acres on our board. Can't say I've noticed him tbh so I have no opinion on that.
Would rather a combo and the high pick for sure. And almost nobody wants Paddy, though I'd guess that's a similar theme on your boards too.

Most likely Priority pick early 2nd round or future 2nd round gets the job done .
Swans can then chase the player they want .

So not one person has thrown his name up before me? To be honest I didn't expect this type of backlash in response to suggesting a name. How low down the list is someone supposed to go before you won't get offended. This was not a troll at all so I'm still a bit flabbergasted.

His name may have been thrown up all year...that’s what the media does, but rest assured Billings isn’t going anywhere. You don’t get better by giving away your best young players. And certainly not for a 27 yr old with plenty of kilometres in his legs.

Secondly, we will be absorbing a huge contract for, granted an AA very good player, but one who is pretty bashed up and far from his best as we have seen for the past two seasons. We should get good games and leadership etc from him, but he is currently worth a second round pick and that is ultimately what the Swans will accept, no matter how they posture now. It’s a much needed salary dump for them and Hanners has nominated us.

Last edited:
Both longer and Pierce are better tbh. Longer and Pierce both better taps and combined with Marshall on field would add mobility.
you lost me at Longer ........
Longer is a woeful VFL ruck Hickey is that far ahead of Longer its comical .... jack Lonie on Luke Dunstans shoulders is a better ruck than Longer

So not one person has thrown his name up before me? To be honest I didn't expect this type of backlash in response to suggesting a name. How low down the list is someone supposed to go before you won't get offended. This was not a troll at all so I'm still a bit flabbergasted.

Look. We’ve had a horrible year, and you are throwing out one of our most promising players in a not very good trade. What did you really expect?

Last edited:
you aint getting our first .... theres no two ways about it unless of course you are putting Heeney up then we are talking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back