MRP / Trib. Dan Howe

Remove this Banner Ad

Appeal the lot of it.... The hit is clumsy and worth a week at the most. The trip is laughable.

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk
He got a week for the hit and a week because it had the potential for more serious injury. That’s the laughable bit. How often are we going to see that one rolled out to someone not wearing brown and gold ?
I remember Cyril getting 2 weeks for not hitting someone, just trying to.

**** me Michael Christian is a bullshitter. Says regarding the Hurn incident: "We look at the conduct first, forgetting the impact for the moment, we look at the conduct and we assess the conduct".

Wonder how much of this is actually Christian or whether he's more just a mouthpiece? We know Hocking has A LOT of input into the MRO findings.

We're basically just back to the Neil Busse days.

He got a week for the hit and a week because it had the potential for more serious injury. That’s the laughable bit. How often are we going to see that one rolled out to someone not wearing brown and gold ?

It's a complete Joke!! Deserved a week for sure and that's it.

Amazing how Vlastin got one week for an elbow to Parker's head a few weeks back, but this is one how more serious somehow!

I would say he is the first player this season to be classed "medium impact" where it had no impact on the player finishing out the game.
Def should appeal! Take a stand Hawks!!

Deserves the two for striking Cripps , whatever he gets for the alleged trip we appeal it . Got the feeling they will slug him 2-3 for it .

No way was that intentional .

Wonder how much of this is actually Christian or whether he's more just a mouthpiece? We know Hocking has A LOT of input into the MRO findings.

We're basically just back to the Neil Busse days.

Someone needs to take the whole AFL to task on its punishment system. It is costing players their reputations, money, games experience and clubs potentially finals etc. It is utterly devoid of transparency and credibility. Exhibit A: motherhood statements like 'potential to cause injury'.

Passionate sex or crossing the f..ing road have the potential to cause injury (for some of us ;)).

How the clubs are letting the players be subjected to this crap has me bamboozled as hell.

Last edited:
Yet Porkins jumper punch on Stratton was given the ok. Look at that in slo-mo, had the potential to break Stratts jaw.

Thought it would be minimal impact for the punch since Cripps didn't go off (as far as I know) and carried on. Might have felt a bit s**t for a quarter but clearly didn't hamper him all that long.

The trip is a funny one - on first replay it looked like he instinctively threw the leg out while counter balancing which is one of those things that's half deliberate and half not. If guilty, will definitely be screwed by the resulting broken bone. If he didn't injure Fisher it would have been a fine or - at most - one week since the match review seem to enjoy handing out suspensions for trips.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I expected 1 to 2 weeks for the 'punch' on Cripps but sending him straight to the tribunal for the trip is pretty surprising. Players trip every game. some intentional some not , and it's normally a fine at best. I hope Hawthorn challenge it and may as well challenge the 2 games as well. Howe is worth the 10k easily.

Christian said the impact was upgraded to severe once they got word Fisher had a broken leg. So basically if he'd clipped someone with legs thicker than toothpicks it wouldn't be regarded as severe impact? How does that make any sense?

Last edited:
Agree on both counts

The punch was stupid - no excuse for that. Every player knows not to punch the face. Cripps made the most of it but nevertheless Howe should have the discipline to temper his tough stuff.

The charge for the trip is outrageous. Should never have been brought by Christian. It's noteworthy that no umpire or commentator even noticed it !! Not until the TV producers picked up on why Fisher went off and replayed the footage.

The action causing the injury to Fisher is merely where both players went for the ball and get their legs entangled. Because Fisher has the momentum, the impact injures his leg.

No intent whatsoever. The injury could just as easily have happened to Howe.

Absolutely no doubt Hawthorn will fight this strenuously. And will succeed.
Even if we lose, then bring in the silk and appeal.

And trial by media running rampant suggesting season over for Howe, implying he’ll get 3 Weeks with 2 for the strike (which is fair enough).

Should be thrown out because it’s incidental at best. If there was no break we wouldn’t be talking about it.

Takes a very vivid imagination to call that an intentional trip

The punch was dumb but recon the 2 weeks deserved a reduction to 1 due to poor acting on Cripps behalf

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Well if you want to see what type of imagination people have and have a laugh too , check out the Carlton FB page .

One guy claiming Howe slide in feet first and took Fishers legs out , frighteningly enough a lot of people are agreeing with him !

So we saw the AFL love child in clangerfield slide tackle into a contest and not even get looked at and Howe props at a contest and because old mate lacks calcium in his bones Howe has to go to the tribunal. Pretty embarrassing stuff from the AFL as usual.

Henderson getting a fine is pretty lame, at the ground it looked like he did everything possible to avoid any contact.

Enjoyed your post - made me laugh a while.

Howe props at a contest and because old mate lacks calcium in his bones
Did lol at this
And the possibility to cause more serious injury to Cripps cast a week. It's b/s.

It's a complete Joke!! Amazing how Vlastin got one week for an elbow to Parker's head a few weeks back, but this is one how more serious somehow!
Vladtin elbow was wicked in its delivery and had a potential to inflict a serious injury compared to Howes soft jab.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back