Recommitted Darcy Parish - re-signed until 2028!

Does he stay or does he go?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Still think he stays as I'm just not sure which club is coming with the huge offer that makes it worthwhile moving
If weve offered 700k, at most a club may offer 800k i feel to pry him out

Geelong dont give that kind of money away usually

Saints probably would

Tigers dont have that i dont reckon (Seemed that way after Hopper and Taranto)

Melbourne could only do it if they gave Grundy away for zero

Still think he stays as I'm just not sure which club is coming with the huge offer that makes it worthwhile moving
The talk has been about Geelong. I doubt they're making a huge offer blowing Essendon out of the water.

But if he wants to be closer to family, a more country lifestyle, cheaper cost of living and a cub with better off field stability then Geelong matching Essendon's offer might be enough.

The talk has been about Geelong. I doubt they're making a huge offer blowing Essendon out of the water.

But if he wants to be closer to family, a more country lifestyle, cheaper cost of living and a cub with better off field stability then Geelong matching Essendon's offer might be enough.

Could be wrong but I think there’d be more smoke around him going to Geelong if he was in fact going there.

Geelong also have plenty of smaller style mids for the future

Bruhn
Holmes
Atkins
J.Clark

They probably need to replace the Dangerfield, Blicavs types more if they doing anythign with the midfield. Whthwr Knevitt or Bowes can be that...im not sure they know yet

i dont think theres a more unfairly maligned midfielder than him in the comp

nearly all the players of his mould have the same deficiencies as him but for whatever reason both neutrals and essendon supporters seem to focus on them a lot more for parish than they do a neale or a liberatore

it is bizarre
I think it's because of defensive effort and some of his howlers have been highlighted.

Libba is better defensively and Neale won the brownlow though admittedly Parish would benefit immnesly playing alongide a Dunkley type.

I think it's because of defensive effort and some of his howlers have been highlighted.

Libba is better defensively and Neale won the brownlow though admittedly Parish would benefit immnesly playing alongide a Dunkley type.
Parish did come 5th in the brownlow with 26 votes

And he didnt start playing midfield till round 6

Polling 23 votes in the last 17 games

Successful sides all their players are guns

Poor sides all their players have issues

Usually not the case
if parish was currently playing for Collingwood and Tom Mitchell for Essendon... the criticism and view points would be flipped.

ever since Mitchell came to collingwood his been seen as a midfield gun and savior.. where as before he was apparently riddled with deficiencies and issues at Hawthorn.

It is amazing what being apart of a winning or losing team does to the perception of individual outputs of a player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

if parish was currently playing for Collingwood and Tom Mitchell for Essendon... the criticism and view points would be flipped.

ever since Mitchell came to collingwood his been seen as a midfield gun and savior.. where as before he was apparently riddled with deficiencies and issues at Hawthorn.

It is amazing what being apart of a winning or losing team does to the perception of individual outputs of a player.

It strikes me that lot of Essendon supporters (least earlier in the season) just wanted to cash in on band 1 compo for Parish (when it looked like it was probably going to be another top 6 or so pick)

The fact Essendon have been more competitive than most expected, has probably put a Spanner in that equation.

It strikes me that lot of Essendon supporters (least earlier in the season) just wanted to cash in on band 1 compo for Parish (when it looked like it was probably going to be another top 6 or so pick)

The fact Essendon have been more competitive than most expected, has probably put a Spanner in that equation.

I want to keep him. Just not for over 750000

If weve offered 700k, at most a club may offer 800k i feel to pry him out

Geelong dont give that kind of money away usually

Saints probably would

Tigers dont have that i dont reckon (Seemed that way after Hopper and Taranto)

Melbourne could only do it if they gave Grundy away for zero
The payment structure the cats follow does allow for a couple of contracts in that range. Just has to be the right player

Bruhn
Holmes
Atkins
J.Clark

They probably need to replace the Dangerfield, Blicavs types more if they doing anythign with the midfield. Whthwr Knevitt or Bowes can be that...im not sure they know yet
I have to admit that was my first thought about him as a target. But right here, right now, we need someone to get the clearances going our way. There's only a few cm in it either way

Bruhn
Holmes
Atkins
J.Clark

Nah Holmes is a gun winger who should develop his inside game in time. Atkins and Bruhn are both hard-nosed defensive mids but neither are elite contested ball winners. Atkins probably never will be but is an excellent defensive 4th or 5th best mid. Bruhn is still a couple of seasons from building that strength to be elite among the big boys.

Our contested ball winning with Danger past his best, Guthrie injured, no Selwood and Parfitt having fallen off a cliff is non-existent. Getting Parish would be about giving us a competitive midfield over the next few years while Cameron, Stewart, etc are still at their best and while Clark, Holmes and Bruhn become the players we hope.

They will get band1.

think the bigger question is do they match regardless and try and pry 2x1sts out of it?

Because given geelongs age and list situation i think that will be an interesting point to play out. There is every chance it could end up the first stalemate matched bid as i feel we will be very eager to hold onto our firsts.

Most sides in this boat seem to be top four sides and happy to hand them over. There is every bit a chance geelong finishes bottom 8 ala Richmond this year.

Would be just Geelong's luck to be the first club to have a club match (GWS) and the second 😭

I was in the camp of Parish staying at Ess about 4 weeks ago. Given the fact that it’s now Aug, he’s still unsigned and there’s been complete radio silence of late, I’m more confident that he’ll be leaving. If he’s leaving Ess, he’s only coming to Geelong.
Collingwood has an iron in the fire. Wright just plays his cards close to his chest.

Back