Recommitted Darcy Parish - re-signed until 2028!

Does he stay or does he go?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Since 2019

Geelong 32.70%
Essendon 22.78%

Don’t let facts and numbers ruin your narrative though.

you are comparing a region to 1 suburb and you are zoning in on a specific timeline boosted by covid. Like I said above

also why are you even looking at essendon? pretty sure he lives in Albert park

you are comparing a region to 1 suburb and you are zoning in on a specific timeline boosted by covid. Like I said above

also why are you even looking at essendon? pretty sure he lives in Albert park
Did you miss the comment regarding the decade?
You’re clearly wrong and ignorant and driving a narrative that makes no sense. Keep grasping for straws

Did you miss the comment regarding the decade?
You’re clearly wrong and ignorant and driving a narrative that makes no sense. Keep grasping for straws
Don't yell it too loudly people might find out that the "gEeLoNg PrOpErTy DeAlS" are actual just normal football players buying houses near where they work

The on field culture seems sort of ok. The off field though...
On-field is immature but developing, in the sense of learning to apply themselves during games and across games, right from the start of games and right to the end of games with equal effort. They can squib a bit if they get run over in the first quarter, or when they get tired, or if they think they should win easily and then don’t try. Although in the latter case if they get run over early they tend to fight back better.

Off-field football department is actually more mature (perhaps excepting recruiting — up until very recently if at all), but Vozzo and Scott seem to demand professionalism in all aspects and from all members of the footy department, not just from the players at training.

Club leadership at board level has just been through the terrible 2s. Dunno how long Sheedy in a box will last.

On-field is immature but developing, in the sense of learning to apply themselves during games and across games, right from the start of games and right to the end of games with equal effort. They can squib a bit if they get run over in the first quarter, or when they get tired, or if they think they should win easily and then don’t try. Although in the latter case if they get run over early they tend to fight back better.

Off-field football department is actually more mature (perhaps excepting recruiting — up until very recently if at all), but Vozzo and Scott seem to demand professionalism in all aspects and from all members of the footy department, not just from the players at training.

Club leadership at board level has just been through the terrible 2s. Dunno how long Sheedy in a box will last.

My brother is a Essendon supporter, he wanted Dodo and Sheedy gone years ago. He doesn't understand why they're still there.

My brother is a Essendon supporter, he wanted Dodo and Sheedy gone years ago. He doesn't understand why they're still there.

none of us do.

we aren't called the old boys club for nothing.

I'm not saying that this has gone on since forever, but given that you're now arguing over why he might be leaving, it seems a little long in the tooth...
... anyway, two weeks to go in the season and still unsigned. Surely that's the equivalent of standing in the departure terminal staring at the board.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not saying that this has gone on since forever, but given that you're now arguing over why he might be leaving, it seems a little long in the tooth...
... anyway, two weeks to go in the season and still unsigned. Surely that's the equivalent of standing in the departure terminal staring at the board.
One can hope

From what I've read EFC has had an offer on the table at reasonable but not huge money and are intending on sticking to that reasonable but not huge money offer range. Whether anyone else will come along and offer substantially more than whatever EFC has offered I don't know.

He's a good player, but is he a guy you'd pay > $800k / year for?

From what I've read EFC has had an offer on the table at reasonable but not huge money and are intending on sticking to that reasonable but not huge money offer range.
Given that rumours have linked Parish to Geelong for at least the last two years, I suspect that there's isn't really a figure that would get him to stay. (Beyond, of course, Tom Boyd level cash.)

Given that rumours have linked Parish to Geelong for at least the last two years, I suspect that there's isn't really a figure that would get him to stay. (Beyond, of course, Tom Boyd level cash.)

I’m not super plugged in but from what I’ve seen there just hasn’t been that strong of a rumours that he’s going to Geelong.

The media also so seems fairly quiet around him. Maybe that means it’s all sorted and he’s leaving to Geelong so there’s not much to report

Agree him being unsigned this late in the season is usually a sign a player is gone.

No idea what the source is, but God knows we have a space in our midfield for a hard-running accumulator type.
He runs hard one way at least

Pobody's nerfect eh ;)

Look, the guy averages 30 touches/game. Yes, some of them might be seagull on a chip touches, but we really don't have any midfielders who can be so involved across the full game any more, not since Dangerfield got old.

Parish is a gun - hope he stays with us. Sam Edmund seems very confident he will, make of that what you will though.

But he has glaring holes in his game he needs to fix if he's going to be a top rung midfielder.

The good thing his issues are fixable. Just needs to put in the work.

From what I've read EFC has had an offer on the table at reasonable but not huge money and are intending on sticking to that reasonable but not huge money offer range. Whether anyone else will come along and offer substantially more than whatever EFC has offered I don't know.

He's a good player, but is he a guy you'd pay > $800k / year for?
I assume we would and that would be on the table, but EFC probably knows him coming to the cats is an idle threat and he'll give in to stay

Are those rumours any more than 'used to play for Geelong Falcons' though?
It's two things: used to be a Falcon and cats have a list hold he would walk into

But usually with falcons if they're coming home we know well in advance. We've got nothing on Parish so seems he's staying

Back