43. Carter Michael - Brisbane A - 188cm 74kg
44. Zavier Maher - Murray - 185cm 82kg
45. Lachlan Carrigan - Sandringham - 191cm 78kg
46. Max Heath - Sandringham - 203cm 94kg
47. Maurice Rioli Jnr - NT - 173cm 73kg
48. Harry Sharp - GWV - 183cm 69kg
49. Jake Bowey - Sandringham - 175cm 67kg
50. Clayton Gay - Dandenong - 184cm 78kg

a couple of state league players i think might get drafted, Tom Highmore and Jackson Ramsay(not going to speculate where they might go).

others outside of the top 50 include, Seamus Mitchell, Luke Pedlar, Henry Walsh, Kalin Lane, Liam McMahon, Sam Collins, Josh Green, Campbell Edwardes, Jackson Cardillo, Jack Avery, James Borlase, Lochlan Jenkins, Max Holmes, Connor Stone.

Last edited:

Davo-27

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 9, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill Hawks

quote from afl.com seems like we have a date with the metro and country division then the Grandfinal with top seeds and the rest play a round to showcase for recruiters, news from last week, more details though, Grand Final would be 26/27th September weekend, then the carnival could potentially hit off on the 3rd October through October ending with a Combine soon after at a guess?

"On Wednesday the League confirmed those plans, officially informing clubs it would be beginning the under-18 competition on Saturday, August 22.

NAB League sides will participate in a six-week season splitting the 12 clubs into Metro and Country conferences.

They will play five rounds within the conferences and then a final in the sixth round, essentially meaning the top-placed side in each division will face-off for the premiership in the final week.

The other lower-ranked clubs will also play against a side in the opposing conference in round six, ensuring some of Australia's leading draft hopefuls take the field in front of AFL recruiters."

Vic Metro - Oakleigh, Sandringham, Eastern, Western, Northern, Calder
Vic Country - Geelong, Gippsland, GWV, Dandenong, Bendigo, Murray

Mike Dawson

Debutant
Oct 12, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn

quote from afl.com seems like we have a date with the metro and country division then the Grandfinal with top seeds and the rest play a round to showcase for recruiters, news from last week, more details though, Grand Final would be 26/27th September weekend, then the carnival could potentially hit off on the 3rd October through October ending with a Combine soon after at a guess?

"On Wednesday the League confirmed those plans, officially informing clubs it would be beginning the under-18 competition on Saturday, August 22.

NAB League sides will participate in a six-week season splitting the 12 clubs into Metro and Country conferences.

They will play five rounds within the conferences and then a final in the sixth round, essentially meaning the top-placed side in each division will face-off for the premiership in the final week.

The other lower-ranked clubs will also play against a side in the opposing conference in round six, ensuring some of Australia's leading draft hopefuls take the field in front of AFL recruiters."

Vic Metro - Oakleigh, Sandringham, Eastern, Western, Northern, Calder
Vic Country - Geelong, Gippsland, GWV, Dandenong, Bendigo, Murray
WAFL starts July 18. All teams will play each once and then finals. Colts and League comp only.

Davo-27

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 9, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill Hawks
i believe i have a good grasp on where the Victorian and Allies talent is at, for the most part, i know of some talent in WA and SA but this is where my knowledge has been lacking a bit as i have stated pre-season ect, just to let everyone know where my knowledge base is at.

i want to list the talent i know about and where i believe they might be drafted and what their ability at the next level could be, i will only list players im confident are top tier and could play good footy at the highest level as we dont know how compromised this draft could be, not only from academies but also from potentially shortened lists to combat the coming global recession that is predicted for the next year or so.

Will Phillips has stood out to me as the best pure player in the draft pool, he was able to star in a team with Rowell and Anderson in it, he was a huge influence on Oakleigh and looked at home at the carnival, imo he is by far and away the best midfield prospect in the draft, i loved everything he did last year and i cant fault him, im hoping he continues that form to justify a shot at pick 1

Jamarra Ugle-Hagan, has improved dramatically n 12 months, from a raw and talented leading forward as a 16 year old for GWV, to starring as a tall leading target for Oakleigh, his futures game where he played defence gave you an insight into him being flexible to potentially play both roles and educating him from a defenders PoV how to play the leading forward role better, also averaging 3 goals a game as an underager is not something to sneeze at imo

Elijah Hollands (inj), was constantly one of Murrays best players as a half forward, he was ear marked to play more midfield time in 2020, his BOG performance imo in the AFL Grandfinal futures game was an indication of his value heading into the 2020 season, unfortunately he did his ACL and will likely slide, the question is how far and will clubs rue the fact they let him slide?

Kaine Baldwin (inj), was a player i was unsure of, but the more footage i see of him the more he reminds me of a young Jack Riewoldt, similar build, similar mark similar kicking style ect, which was why he rose in my lists, i was excited to see a player similar to one of my favourite tall forwards that doesnt play for the Hawks for the last decade, but as we all know, he has done a 2nd ACL and that really hurts his value, which will see him slide

Riley Thilthorpe, i have not seen a huge sample size of this guy, but he reminds me of Brendon Lade from Port with elite endurance im told, i see him more as a ruck/forward, but he could develop into a forward and play anywhere on the ground, even as a tall defender if needed, his ball handling skills off the ground arent too shabby either, im reluctant to have him top 5, but he has all the tools, i just want to reserve judgement on him until after the carnival

Tanner Bruhn, he is one of the few Victorian kids i have seen little of, but what i did see from his comeback game, made me take notice, he was injured for most of the season and then came back to play a couple of games for Geelong, the first being a good game with glimpses of star potential and the second game back was an average performances, but it was the glimpses of star potential that im hoping to see more of next season which has me excited by this youngster

Nathan O'Driscoll, he stood out at the carnival in the championship winning game as a bull midfielder with a good kicking action, looks solid through the core and tough at the contest, he played ok in the futures game too, without starring, he is another that i identified as a potential top tier player in this years carnival for WA

Reef McInnes, at first i was impressed with his inside midfield work for Oakleigh, then he started playing really well on the wing, then he went forward and was lively, kicking some freakish goals from angles not many could kick, this is why i rate him highly, not only is he a quality tall mid, but he can play outside as well as his inside game which are both very good, but also he can rest forward and kick freakish goals, i was really impressed with him as an all round tall mid with a perfect frame and athleticism for AFL footy

Denver Grainger-Barras, i have only seen him in 1 game, but what a game, he was impassable in the 2019 carnival championship game for WA for a half of footy, not only spoiling, but intercepting and just dominating the aerial battles, it was such an impressive performance that i thought along with many others he must be a top 10 chance, i would like to see more examples of his ability, but he is definitely a talent

Eddie Ford, ive said this before but he stood out in the Vic Metro trials in 2019 and then didnt make the squad, which suprised me, he is physical in the contest, strong mark, decent kick, can kick a long goal, is a really good target to move through on the half forward line, similar to Hollands and Perkins in that they just dominate the half forward line so much you just love to watch them at their best.

Archie Perkins, was in and out of the Sandy team, but there were a few games he dominated and looked a star, which has him pretty highly rated from my PoV, skillful and clever also which is important in a forward, as you get limited opportunities to make hay while the sun shines, one of the best small/med forwards going around in the draft pool imo

Braeden Campbell, is a player i have liked in spurts, but tends to go missing for large parts of games, but its his spurts of form that have everyone excited and i cant deny that he is a beautiful kick of the footy and a goal kicker, he moves well, but i have found him to be an outside mostly player, either playing half back and wing, he got a lot of plaudits for his 3 goal haul in the first half in the futures game, i think someone even gave him BOG which i think was overly generous, he is a talent and should go first round, talk is maybe high first round with all the hype surrounding him.

Oliver Henry, was impressive for a poor Geelong outfit in 2019, i remember a game i believe it was in the rain where he got a dozen marks as a defender, he also played well as a forward in patches also, nearly every Geelong game i saw he was one of the better players, his brother is making a name for himself at Geelong and Oliver might join him next year?

Jackson Callow, has vice like hands, has strong build with wide shoulders, fairly tall, but also good on the ground, good one touch pick up, knows where the goals are, has kicked a few bags of 3 or so goals in his underage year, also looks good playing in the TSL, not that its the best standard, but shows he can play against men.

Zane Trew, i have not seen a lot of him, just some highlights, so this is more based on reputation, but he seems a strong lad, moves with composure and has that Pendelbury thing where he takes his time and makes sure he uses it well, i will need to see more as this read is immature and based on reputation as well, so i will place him here until i see more of him later in the year

Luke Edwards, is a player i like a lot, he is the Hawthorn style tallish rebound defender in the ilk of Grant Birchall and Jack Scrimshaw, he wins a lot of contests, is strongly built and runs off half back to create counter-attacks, was one of the best and should have won all australian honours at the u18 champs last year, but because of his position will likely go mid first round imo

Nicholas Cox, raw and lanky tall player, played well in the Vic Metro games he played in 2019, during the carnival there was talk he was a top 10 chance in 2020, but i think some of that was premature, i like him more as a late first early 2nd rounder, but it depends on if a club really likes what they saw last year from the tall skinny KPP, also apparently started the pre-season well which i take with a grain of salt, but it does give him a small boost to his rep i guess.

Logan McDonald, is a tall leading forward for WA and played a role in their championship winning team last year, playing all 4 games, i thought he played well without starring, got a few scrappy goals and missed a few 40m shots at goal, he played ok without showing that something special, but he comes with a good rep and played in a successful team, i think theres some value from 2nd round onwards potentially from my PoV.

Sam Berry, a nuggety inside mid, strong bodied and brave, comes from Gippsland where they breed them tough, really made an impression in 2019 as an underager and is in that 2nd group of mids from this draft pool

Oliver Davis, was a sensation for Tassie last year playing the inside mid role really well, played once for the allies in their big opening loss, but should get another shot in the carnival this year to show what he has got

Finlay Macrae, looked good without starring, brother of WB Macrae, another mid in the Oakleigh factory, played well in stints, but its his bloodlines that have some excited, he is a good footballer but im not sure if he is as good as his brother, but i think a club will want to find out if he has some late development up his sleeve like his brother

Jack Ginnivan, this kid is a talent that i thought only i had noticed until the Bigfooty PD happened, he is a clever, skillful leading forward sml/med, made a big impact for Bendigo late in 2019 and i think he could be a steal if he goes late, really liked what i saw from him.

Charlie Lazzaro, another i thought only i had noticed until the bigfooty PD, played really good footy with no fanfare for a struggling Geelong, also performed well in school footy, one of the only kids i looked into their school footy performances, then when the bigfooty PD was happening just noticed his stats looked really good too and i believe he did really well in the pre-season combine, so very draftable imo

Connor Downie, this guy can play wing seriously well, 50+m goal kicker, seems to have good endurance, lacks a little speed, did ok for Vic Metro in his 1 game, had a fantastic year for Eastern and looks like a good prospect for the Hawks

Bailey Laurie, put in some really special moments as a forward for Oakleigh, he was one of their best players in their finals series in 2019, i think round 2 is where he might go, but i wouldnt be surprised if he had a huge carnival or finals game in 2020 to put his name up for round 1 calculations

Blake Coleman, kicked some impressive goals and looked a livewire up forward for Brisbane A in the nableague, i think he will be bid on around pick 30 and Brissie will match so that he and his brother can play together at the Lions

Jack Carroll, i really liked what i saw of him in the futures game, i know its premature, but this one is a gut feeling i have, another east freo product that oozes class and is a good height and size as well, this one i will keep an eye on and i hope his futures game wasnt a flash in the pan performance.

Alex Davies, is obviously going to be pre-lised by GCS, but i liked the look of his game early in 2019, he didnt get a call up for the allies like so many top tier talent this year missing the carnival, but had a wonderful game in the futures game which won him praise and had people add him to their lists of draftees. he is a tall inside mid, with clean hands and decent kick.

(28 players) atm these are my top 28 with a few changes and additions to come after the championships.....

Mentions:

Sam Collins - Tassie player who should get drafted at some stage, playing both defence and midfield at a good level

Errol Gulden - Syd A, i think this guy is a quality player, but he is small and ive seen quality smalls miss being drafted before, so cautiously putting him as a mention

Carter Michael - Bris A product, energetic mid, might get picked up by an opposing team, really interesting prospect

Caleb Poulter - tall mid who has impressed in the sanfl u18's, im waiting until we see him play carnival or reserves/seniors to make a call on him, but he is looking promising

Brodie Lake - Peel/NT/GCS A, seems like GCS are eyeing Davies and Jefferies so this guy might slip through the cracks, looks a likely type and could be poached by a rival club?

Tariek Newchurch - Adel A player, his highlight reel looks good and off of it should be in the top tier group, but i would like to see him play some full games in the carnival before i make a read

Jeff Jefferies - NT/GCS A, whispers say he is likely pre-listed by GCS, a poss winning half back who can find the pill

Nick Stevens - interesting tall prospect, defender or forward? im not sure?

Ryan Angwin - good player at Gippsland, but a little skinny, has toughness and skill though and i always like how he plays

Clayton Gay - hard at it defender, plays taller than he is, determined/competitive player

Thomas Pannucio - a player from Murray i really liked the look of, outside mid who i was impressed with

(11 players)

theres a few im unsure of, seen very little of and have yet to make a complete read, but reputation or the little i have seen has me intrigued

Taj Schofield / Heath Chapman / Brandon Walker / Joel Western / Bailey Chamberlain

(5 players)

Last edited:

Davo-27

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 9, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill Hawks
i think there are 3 players who really play a similar style in the 2020 draft pool in Elijah Hollands - Murray, Archie Perkins - Sandringham and Eddie Ford - Western

i wanted to explore their stats, to see if it tells a story and if it can differentiate them from one another, imo Hollands is top 5 worthy, Perkins is 8-15 in that range and Ford is 10-25 atm, lets explore their stats as they play a very similar style of footy to one another

Elijah Hollands - 188cm 80kg, 7 gms, 8 goals, 3.1 tackles, 4.7 marks, 16,9 disp (1.3 clr) 35% disp are contested
*** and a good Vic Country campaign behind him, close to AA
Archie Perkins - 186cm 77kg, 6 gms, 10 goals, 1.8 tackles, 4.2 marks, 14.2 disp (1.3 clr) 40% disp are contested
Eddie Ford - 186cm 80kg, 16 gms, 7 goals, 1.4 tackles, 3.7 marks, 14.1 disp (1.6 clr) 50% disp are contested

Hollands has more runs on the board with his representative performances and BOG Futures game, well from my PoV, he is a great mark which is shown in the stats and also tackles more than the other 2, he was also ear marked to move into the mid this year before inj

Perkins is the more dangerous goal kicker and was in sensational form for Sandy when i saw him play

Ford is the more contested of the 3, he loves the physical stuff, but maybe lacks a bit of scoring power, which is why he is rated the lowest of the 3, he did have good impact in the futures game which also gave him a boost.

i thought it was interesting to have a quick look at their stats to seperate these 3 similar type half forwards who could potentially move into the mid in their draft year later this year...

Last edited:

Davo-27

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 9, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill Hawks
This Draft could have the most tall talent ive seen in 1 draft in a long time, theres a plethora of KPP's in this draft and these guys are the most likely to be drafted imo (stats from 2019, may have grown or put on weight since)

Jamarra Ugle-Hagan - 194cm 79kg - WB Academy being talked about as number 1 pick recently
Denver Grainger-Barras - 192cm 77kg - WA key defender, commanding in the air, talked about as a top 5 pick
Riley Thilthorpe - 199cm 96kg - SA Ruck/Forw who is being touted as a top 5 pick
Kaine Baldwin - 192cm 89kg - SA key forward, was highly touted until injuring knee for 2nd time, ?
Jackson Callow - 193cm 94kg - TAS forward, possible first round
Logan McDonald - 192cm 84kg - WA leading forw, possible first/second round
Oliver Henry - 186cm 72kg - not sure if he has grown, but plays taller, possible first/second round
Nicholas Cox - 197cm 80kg - key forward who is flexible, possible first/second round
Zach Reid - 200cm 77kg - key defender who can play ruck, second/third round
Nick Stevens - 191cm 86kg - key defender with flexibility, mid to late draft
Campbell Edwardes - 195cm 78kg - flexible kpp, mid to late draft
Cody Brand - 195cm 81kg - Ess Academy key defender, mid to late draft
Blake Morris - 188cm 80kg - WA key defender, mid to late draft
Josh Green - 191cm - GWS Academy key defender, mid to late draft

some other players with a chance to be drafted

Liam McMahon - 193cm 78kg - Northern Knights key forward
Daniel Bourke - 195cm 80kg - Gippsland key defender
Cameron Fleeton - 189cm 76kg - Geelong key defender

there might be a SA/WA kid ive missed?

Last edited:
Sep 9, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Heath Chapman 193cms (I think?) WA key defender (I haven’t seen him play)

Zac Phillips 199cm ruck kpp from WWT who may or may not be draftable but worth looking at.

borlase 192cm fb likely rookie list

I like this draft for key defenders. there’s a range of them there.

morris is 2021 I think?

Bruce0912

Draftee
Oct 14, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
This Draft could have the most tall talent ive seen in 1 draft in a long time, theres a plethora of KPP's in this draft and these guys are the most likely to be drafted imo (stats from 2019, may have grown or put on weight since)

Jamarra Ugle-Hagan - 194cm 79kg - WB Academy being talked about as number 1 pick recently
Denver Grainger-Barras - 192cm 77kg - WA key defender, commanding in the air, talked about as a top 5 pick
Riley Thilthorpe - 199cm 96kg - SA Ruck/Forw who is being touted as a top 5 pick
Kaine Baldwin - 192cm 89kg - SA key forward, was highly touted until injuring knee for 2nd time, ?
Oliver Henry - 186cm 72kg - not sure if he has grown, but plays taller, possible first/second round
Nicholas Cox - 197cm 80kg - key forward who is flexible, possible first/second round

Missed quite a few to be honest check out the power rankings on draft central they have it pretty spot on , tanner bruhn will be taken early very early

Virgin Dog

Cancelled
Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

Opinion on Cody Raak? Matt Rendell had him potential top 20, which was surprising as most (myself included) thought he'd be 3rd round onwards

Virgin Dog

Cancelled
Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Draft Central has power rankings up already?

Couldn’t find them.
I could only find a top 10.

If the above link doesn't work, on their home page, the first link provided is for the July Central Insight magazine - about halfway through they have their top 10
1594012451211.png

Davo-27

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 9, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill Hawks
Opinion on Cody Raak? Matt Rendell had him potential top 20, which was surprising as most (myself included) thought he'd be 3rd round onwards

i'm not the biggest fan of Cody Raak, but Matt Rendell likes him and the dogs board are keen on him, so he has his fans.

i think he is mid-late draft type of player, he has grown to a good height for AFL so might be worth a late pick in the draft imo

Last edited:

Davo-27

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 9, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill Hawks

Zac Phillips 199cm ruck kpp from WWT who may or may not be draftable but worth looking at.

morris is 2021 I think?

im pretty sure Morris played in the futures game on grand final weekend, he is from WA this Morris

Chapman has a good rep and im keen to see him play more, Borlase is another i would like to see more of, but i will have to either wait for the carnival or watch some sanfl/wafl games at some stage.

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2017
Inner Sanctum
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
GBay-WSox-Bulls-Blackhawks-LSU-UNC

morris is 2021 I think?
Morris is this year, he did play under 16 games though and was in the u/16 toty. strange

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers
Poulter was another for this year who played 16s champs, probably due to how light and raw both players where and perhaps took the eye of scouts while the 18s champs where being played.
Believe the same occurred with one or two of the NT boys in recent years.

Davo-27

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 9, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill Hawks
sharing some highlights of some of the 2020 talent that i found on youtube...

start to 3:30 is Jamarra Ugle-Hagan Highlights (heres why i and others rate him highly)
3:30 to 4:30 is Braeden Campbell Highlights
4:30 to 5:35 is Denver Grainger-Baras Highlights
5:35 to 7:00 is Errol Gulden Highlights
7:00 to 7:50 is Nathan O'Driscoll Highlights
7:50 to end is Riley Thilthorpe Highlights

i like this goal from Riley Thilthorpe, it shows his agility for a big man which is important for the top level footy imo

Last edited:

Pykie

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
I think Callow is likely to be one of the bargains of the draft.

Will get the Tasmanian discount applied, but he has Cale Hooker sort of potential imo.

Anyone getting him from 15-30 is getting a bargain imo.

Could see him becoming a genuinely dominant CHB with those hands, despite playing predominantly forward at the moment.

Davo-27

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 9, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill Hawks
Looked up some info on the SANFL Draft Prospects

Riley Thilthorpe - round 2, 10d, 1.2, 2m, 5t, 15 h/o... round 3, 13d, 3.2, 6m (3cm), 2t, 11 h/o
Zac Dumesny - round 2, 15d, 1.0, 6m, 3t, 4r50..... round 3, 19d, 1.0, 10m, 1t
Corey Durdin - round 2, 14d, 2.0, 5m, 3t, 2i50..... round 3, 11d, 4m, 1t
Lachlan Jones - round 2, 7d, 0.1, 2m, 3t, 3r50..... round 3, 16d, 6m, 1t
Henry Nelligan - round 3, 2d, 1m, 5t

Sanfl u18 numbers

Tom Powell, 3games, 103d, 56hb, 29 clr, 326dp, 19 i50, leading many lists
Riley Holder, 12 cm
Caleb Poulter, 383dp

Just some info, but i don't regard sanfl u18 form as high, because most decent u18 in S.A. play League and reserves, which is different to nab league and Colts system.

Sep 9, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Someone else (chris25?) might know better than me but I don’t think there’s a great deal of under 18’s in the reserves this year. There’s a small group playing sanfl and the rest under 18’s

I really expected that taj and Edwards would be in reserves but they’ve been in 18’s.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back