Grand Slam Day 4 - Australian Open 2024

The 15-day-Slam. Yay or Naay

• Big Yes; Love it

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • It is alright. More "+" than "-"

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Prefer 14 days but such is life and I will move on

Votes: 8 40.0%
  • I hate it with a passion. F U Craig Tiley.

Votes: 1 5.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Day 5 is here!!!!!!

Do you think her ball toss has gotten higher?

Seems remarkably higher to me.

I am assuming you are talking Vika. She did have a shoulder injury towards the back of last season I wonder whether it’s one that flares up a bit

I am assuming you are talking Vika. She did have a shoulder injury towards the back of last season I wonder whether it’s one that flares up a bit

I was at her match yesterday

She was really struggling with her ball toss … AND choking

I was at her match yesterday

She was really struggling with her ball toss

She’s never been fantastic on serve even in her peak she was elite on return and passable on serve. However she did have a shoulder issue last year

Agreed but you don’t need 5 when you can do it in 3. Just remember that Demon beat him in straight sets the other week. Sure it’s only a warm up tournament but the way Novak has been playing, there is a door open for any of these players to do it in 3 straight sets.

Popyrin unlucky to lose tonight but a better player would have won that. It’s just that it was not the right matchup to win the match. All it is going to take is the wrong matchup.
Agree Novak lucky a better player would have got him and not blow those 4 sets points

Agreed but you don’t need 5 when you can do it in 3. Just remember that Demon beat him in straight sets the other week. Sure it’s only a warm up tournament but the way Novak has been playing, there is a door open for any of these players to do it in 3 straight sets.

Popyrin unlucky to lose tonight but a better player would have won that. It’s just that it was not the right matchup to win the match. All it is going to take is the wrong matchup.
Yeah we'll see. Seems to be the same hope/story every year. Thiem came close in 2020. Rest of the finals have been flops. Would be good to see someone else win it for a change.
Last year Sinner pushed Novak, and almost got him, that's why I say his probably best suited for the long game.
I'll reserve my judgement on ADM, just been let down by him too often.

Yeah we'll see. Seems to be the same hope/story every year. Thiem came close in 2020. Rest of the finals have been flops. Would be good to see someone else win it for a change.
Last year Sinner pushed Novak, and almost got him, that's why I say his probably best suited for the long game.
I'll reserve my judgement on ADM, just been let down by him too often.

ADM has beaten quite a few Top 10 players recently.

The big test for him will be Sinner who he has a 0-6 record against. Win that one (especially in straight sets) and he would have all the confidence that he can go all the way.

Agree Novak lucky a better player would have got him and not blow those 4 sets points

Yep. Can’t be making those same mistakes with someone like Shelton, ADM or Sinner. They won’t make the same mistake.

I like how composed Popyrin remained throughout the match. That’s the type of attitude you need to beat him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like Sakkari. Such a shame.

Hate her now she’s gifted Coco a borderline ITF draw to the semi it’s a farce

Now she’s forcing me to want Sabalenka to not lose so she can smack Coco

She's a monster. She's always been a tank. Just can't overcome expectations.
Women's draw so inconsistent as usual. Outside of Igor & Ayrna most matches, its a case of you just never know which way it will go.

Huh? All the real favourites have won comfortably through in the women’s tournament. Before you say Sukkari she was 100-1 to win it, and Garcia was 50-1 plus. Top 4 are all through and Ostapenko is the next one she’s through and will likely pummel Aija tomorrow.

Huh? All the real favourites have won comfortably through in the women’s tournament. Before you say Sukkari she was 100-1 to win it, and Garcia was 50-1 plus. Top 4 are all through and Ostapenko is the next one she’s through and will likely pummel Aija tomorrow.
True, but it's only R2. Long way to go. History suggests the women's draw is more open and unpredictable.

True, but it's only R2. Long way to go. History suggests the women's draw is more open and unpredictable.

If anything it’s been fairly predictable last year only weird winner was Vondurusa but she’s always dangerous on grass. The rest of the slams were won by Sabs/Iga/Coco. I’d be surprised if they aren’t in the quarters army least only one I’m nervous on is Iga and it’s purely the draw she has.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back