Grand Slam Day 4 - Australian Open 2024

The 15-day-Slam. Yay or Naay

• Big Yes; Love it

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • It is alright. More "+" than "-"

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Prefer 14 days but such is life and I will move on

Votes: 8 40.0%
  • I hate it with a passion. F U Craig Tiley.

Votes: 1 5.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Day 5 is here!!!!!!

Would love to know your thoughts on an AFL game?

I never yell out during a game actually I sit down and watch the game. I’ll enjoy a drink but again I understand it’s their job. My team or not I applaud good play. Similar with tennis.

talks the talk? baiting a spectator to "come down here"?
Tennis is not a sport for yuppies to sit in the crowd and heckle players. Unfortunately since people in this country only follow the sport for two weeks a year, the fans don’t have any clue about the code and culture of this sport.

Tennis is not a sport for yuppies to sit in the crowd and heckle players. Unfortunately since people in this country only follow the sport for two weeks a year, the fans don’t have any clue about the code and culture of this sport.
Happens in every event. Not just Australia. US is actually the top of them all. Gross spectators

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very sweeping statement there.

Plenty of tennis fans that follow the tour year-round attend the AO.

Both. Would’ve been nice to see Popyrin win, but Novak is a champion

So how is your support of both of them any different to the comment you made before about people supporting the American player when some may support both him and the Aussie player?

People can support who they want, as well as hope that one on the players that they support wins over the other.

Americans are just a different breed. They and Australians are unfortunately the poorest fans in tennis.
Have you been to a grand slam other than the AO? I've been to RG, and I can assure you that the hatred for Novak is no different than the AO or US (although haven't been US open so can't completely judge that).

Have you been to a grand slam other than the AO? I've been to RG, and I can assure you that the hatred for Novak is no different than the AO or US (although haven't been US open so can't completely judge that).

Can concur. I've seen it.

He's disliked around the world.

But majority in here would never leave the country to know that.

Can concur. I've seen it.

He's disliked around the world.

But majority in here would never leave the country to know that.
It also seems to be the same at Wimbledon as well from the TV that is. Seems the crowd always favour his opponent especially if it's an underdog or obviously RF. Last year's final the crowd seemed to heavily favour C.Alcaraz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back