Review Dees v Free: Good, Bad and Ugly

Remove this Banner Ad

So the Gawn/Grundy combo is not working at all, hey? Instead of some unstoppable dual ruck behemoth, they're both worst versions of their best selves.

It's still early days, and Grundy is still finding his way after that serious injury last year, but it's a massive concern.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

So the Gawn/Grundy combo is not working at all, hey? Instead of some unstoppable dual ruck behemoth, they're both worst versions of their best selves.

It's still early days, and Grundy is still finding his way after that serious injury last year, but it's a massive concern.

I would actually argue Grundy has been better than Gawn this year. Gawn has just been awful.

I would actually argue Grundy has been better than Gawn this year. Gawn has just been awful.
I agree with you and also The Dr. Grundy has been pretty good, and Gawn not his standard. It seems clear that the plan isn't working. I feel Grundy is a much better centre bounce ruck/moving forward and Gawn would be better pushing back.

Maybe we should not necessarily play them both on the ground at the same time. Read the game - when we are on the offence, play Grundy, when we need to be defensive, play Gawn.

Agreed, but surely suuuuuuurely we wouldn't be playing him while carrying an injury/niggle... That's not the MFC way this year right?

I agree with you and also The Dr. Grundy has been pretty good, and Gawn not his standard. It seems clear that the plan isn't working. I feel Grundy is a much better centre bounce ruck/moving forward and Gawn would be better pushing back.

Maybe we should not necessarily play them both on the ground at the same time. Read the game - when we are on the offence, play Grundy, when we need to be defensive, play Gawn.

Good points.

Gawn must be carrying something.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back