List Mgmt. Delisting and drafting is almost as fun as trading: The trade and draft megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quite happy to keep 20 + 22 , but just waisted a whole trade period being pissed around by Geelong .
That's what is disappointing and I feel sad for Kelly .

Think we're wasting Geelong's time more, actually. We got Lycett's replacement within a day, there were no other serious trade targets apart from Kelly, I suspect we'd be quite happy to take it to the draft if Geelong still play hard ball and then when 2019 collapses in a heap they'd be wishing they accepted 20+22.

I disagree. We need a limit, 20 and 22 is already overs. I'd happily keep it and move on. Kelly should be mad with Geelong, not us. I'm sure he'll just move on and play good footy though, then come back next year.

I don't think it's as simple as that. It's a pretty dire situation for Kelly - his wife and kids could move back to Perth, and he has to stay in Melbourne while she takes care of them by herself. Tim will need to be there (especially for his 3 year old, who has special needs) to help raise his children, and he's put his trust in us to help him. We've already committed and promised him that, and walking away just would be negligent on our part.

I agree with that but there is a limit. Geelong have pushed us right to that limit. We prob thought they wouldn’t act the way they have. They dont want us to get better and deliberately stalling this trade. I’m at the point of we say no more and move on. We can’t deliver to a club that has shut the door before we even knock. Nothing we can do and I hope Kelly sits out a season and we help him find employment in Perth for a year.

I don't think it's as impossible as you're making it out to be. We'll get the top 10 pick (from GWS), and that'll be it.

“AFL.com.au understands the Cats have asked for the Eagles' first-round selection in next year's draft in addition to West Coast's existing offer of picks No.20 and No.22.”

2z0chewkkyly.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

“AFL.com.au understands the Cats have asked for the Eagles' first-round selection in next year's draft in addition to West Coast's existing offer of picks No.20 and No.22.”

2z0chewkkyly.gif

Have Geelong confused Tim Kelly with Patrick Dangerfield?

It's not positive if it's that plus 20 and 22.
That is what is being “quoted” on the AFL site. My god there are some forgetful Geelong flogs on BF.
Last year Gold Coast gave up Ablett, a Round 2 pick (24) and a 2018 Round 4 pick, while the Cats gave up an end of Round 1 pick (19) and a 2018 Round 2 pick.
This was for a player who has won two “Charlie’s” wanted to come home and was prepared to break his contract to do it. Hypocrisy at its best.

If he agreed to play for Freo, he would be home, so we have to ask, how important is it?
" I want to go home for family, but if I can't play for WC I'll stay at Geelong, " he is having his cake and eating it.
GFC took the chance to draft him last year, something you could have done for the past 4 years, and didn't.
Now he is seen as elite, second in B+F, and 13 brownlow votes and that comes at a price.
Piss off back to the main board with this shit argument we have heard 50 times already

I may not have much support but i would keep the two picks rather than trade for kelly. While he would strengthen us he is only worth one of the picks - we need to be in the draft. Kelly has 5 years left perhaps. He isnt Judd.

If we are able to trade our two picks for a 10ish we are better going to the draft with that pick. We have an aging top end and need to keep inputting good stock.

If he agreed to play for Freo, he would be home, so we have to ask, how important is it?
" I want to go home for family, but if I can't play for WC I'll stay at Geelong, " he is having his cake and eating it.
GFC took the chance to draft him last year, something you could have done for the past 4 years, and didn't.
Now he is seen as elite, second in B+F, and 13 brownlow votes and that comes at a price.

Rhys Palmer won a Rising Star. Elite takes a while longer to know.

**** Geelong and keep our picks, let him rot on their list for a year being sour about Geelong being pig headed at the trade table and see what his value is next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back