Delistings 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Post op

Debutant
Jul 8, 2011
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Now the season is over. Who stays? Who is let go.
Toumpas, Thomas, Mckenzie, Amon and Irra.
Polec is gone to nm.
Put S Gray atley up for trade.

Last edited:

Now the seasons over. Who stays? Who is let go.
Toumpas, Thomas, Mckenzie, Amon and Irra.
Polec is gone to nm.
Put S Gray atley up for trade.

Were a game clear in the 8, yes losing Dixon hurts, Ryder likely out hurts. but wait until we playing Collingwood, win that and were alive.

Id agree with the delistings, add Neade to the list.
Keep Polec, what ever it takes.
S.Gray has minimal Value, as with Atley who i've been very disappointed with but id be inclined to keep if we can his upside is better than his trade value bit is he wants out get what we can.

Hewett, Irra, Toumpas, McKenzie, Snelling, Neade

then probably Barry too

did we Ever upgrade snelling or his he still a rookie?

Delist: Neade, McKenzie, Snelling, Toumpas, Thomas, Irra, Hewett.

Trade: Polec (not by choice), Pittard, Amon.

Snelling, Toumpas and Hewett had their cards marked before the season started.

Adding Trengove, Thomas, Barry and McKenzie to the list was a waste of time. Should have taken a chance on some youngsters instead.
I'd like to see more of McKenzie but what can ya do?

Adding Trengove, Thomas, Barry and McKenzie to the list was a waste of time. Should have taken a chance on some youngsters instead.

Trengove is a solid pick up and should stay. at Worst he is a SANFL gun that is very capable to come in and play roles as needed in the AFL side. He is a great bloke and mentor for the young players to learn from. We should keep him, no down side.

Trengove is a solid pick up and should stay. at Worst he is a SANFL gun that is very capable to come in and play roles as needed in the AFL side. He is a great bloke and mentor for the young players to learn from. We should keep him, no down side.

I like him too but I'm doubtful he has an AFL future and therefore might be let go. He would be a good mentor as you said but it's a shame we can't pay him as a top up player. Hate the restrictions put on us by the sanfl. Maybe he'll captain the side one day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any of Polec, Pittard, Atley, Amon, Toumpas, Snelling, Hewett, Thomas, Trengove, McKenzie, Ladhams, Broadbent, Barry, Irra.

Forgot Broady. Hard to see him making it back now.

I like him too but I'm doubtful he has an AFL future and therefore might be let go. He would be a good mentor as you said but it's a shame we can't pay him as a top up player. Hate the restrictions put on us by the sanfl. Maybe he'll captain the side one day.

Beyond playing a handful of games through injury, he doesn't have much of a future at AFL level. But having a player who can come in when needed still holds value but his greatest worth to the side isn't on game day.

Trengove, Thomas, Toumpas, Snelling, Amon, Hewett, Barry & Ladhams

Trade Broady , Boak, Westhoff, Amon, SGray with a Gold thank you watch.

Delist which ever fringe we want.

CLEAN OUT HARD, set a standard of non acceptance.

If we picked up youngsters, we had to give them 2 years. That would have limited oud hand in this year’s draaft which was always going to be a good one.

By picking up delisted players, we could give them one year and have a real crack at the draft

I'm gonna be so angry when the soft utensils running our club offer Neade another contract.

List our players in order of height, smallest first. Start delisting from the top until the minimum allowable pre-draft squad size is reached. Ignore contract status - payout and take the cap hit as necessary.

Chad Wingard will be a bit of a loss.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back