Describe the worst ******* person you ever had to work with

Remove this Banner Ad

I had shithead coworker a few years back who used to always suck up to supervisors and management and fake illnesses to wrangle out of his role and do easy jobs. He would also backstab and snitch other employees (including yours truly) over mistakes when they were not seeing him (other co-workers made sure I was aware of this) and he would spend every lunch break with the supervisors and management brown nosing and backstabbing.

I'd go with first year sex workers. On my first and only trip to a brothel (to repair the office server, during the day) there was a couple of bright enthusiastic chicks and maybe half a dozen downcast ones who looked thoroughly unhappy, wishing the earth would open up and swallow them.

tenor.gif

Can't even remember this guys name but I worked in local post offices in the late 80s and this fella(he was senior to me) called me out the back one day and he had a pr0n video on that he had "borrowed" out of a customers parcel, he knew from the return address what it was, I just walked back onto the front counter and thought what the f..k have I walked into here.

Thank god I was on relief staff and was only at that post office for a few days, I didn't officially report him but asked around and he had been doing it for a while.

I'd go with first year sex workers. On my first and only trip to a brothel (to repair the office server, during the day) there was a couple of bright enthusiastic chicks and maybe half a dozen downcast ones who looked thoroughly unhappy, wishing the earth would open up and swallow them.
The ones on $500 + an hour seem pretty happy.

I worked with an Asian woman, not sure where she was from exactly, they all look the same #racist, but she kept complaining about me for no reason.

Luckily my boss who was also Asian and was a good bloke realised she was a headcase and sacked her instead.

No prizes for guessing I was working in accounting at the time.

we used to have a guy that I worked with, seemed a bit strange and a bit creepy, the father in law knew him as they had worked in the same industry before, he told me to be careful around him, but wouldn't say why, about a week or so later he stopped coming to work, thought that's fine he was a douchebag, he had been sent to prison for 9 years for rape he committed years before

Nah, s'truth. I've mentioned before I was also called out during the day (fortunately with a colleague, it would have been even more awkward otherwise) to fix the PC of an IBM executive. You'd think that before our arrival her husband would have changed the desktop background from a rather comely young lass on all fours facing away from the camera, but no. Neither did he take down the large nude photographs of said executive that were scattered through the house.

Can confirm she was a genuine ranga.

It's kind of wierd and a bit creepy sidestepping around the pr0n thing. Aside from the above, I was working with a computer store franchisee* who kept a stash of free pr0n CDs (yes, dear, video CDs were a thing before DVDs came along) out the back, and encouraged the young blokes who worked there to watch them during their breaks and to take them home.

Discovered where he got them from, went with him to replace a CD burner in a customer's duplicator. One CD-ROM drive and six burners on a SCSI bus, and a dedicated PC running the duplicating software. $15k worth in those days. He had two of them, and a whole wall of VCRs set up to copy tapes. Officially his business was producing promotional CDs for companies, copying people's wedding VHS tapes, etc. Outside of the tax system he was making a ******* mint pirating pr0n videos and CDs, putting on cloned labels from a printer mate of his, and selling them to video rental shops for two thirds the price of the genuine article. I believe he went out of business a year later after one of the importers organised some "convincers" to pay a visit.

* I was looking at buying a franchise in a regional city, and had this guy as an adviser and mentor. Did the groundwork, scoped out shops for rent, studied the opposition, etc etc. He asked if there were any sales people to look out for, I said yeah, this kid working for X is brilliant, they're the main competitor and they'd be sunk without him. Hire him, he says. Give him the spiel about how you've heard about him, you want him to be assistant manager, and you will pay twice what he is currently on. "But I can't aff..." Hush. You'll only need to pay him for a month. He'll bring all his customers to you, your initial sales will go through the roof, at the end of the month say that the till is regularly short $20-$50 and yesterday it was $100 down. It's not you, it can only be him, and he's fired. You don't have to pay wages from that point, and there's no way he'll get his old job back, it's all profit from then."

What a ******* creep. He's the major reason I didn't go ahead with the deal.

we used to have a guy that I worked with, seemed a bit strange and a bit creepy, the father in law knew him as they had worked in the same industry before, he told me to be careful around him, but wouldn't say why, about a week or so later he stopped coming to work, thought that's fine he was a douchebag, he had been sent to prison for 9 years for rape he committed years before

I guess you aren't working in Canberra then?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't even remember this guys name but I worked in local post offices in the late 80s and this fella(he was senior to me) called me out the back one day and he had a pr0n video on that he had "borrowed" out of a customers parcel, he knew from the return address what it was, I just walked back onto the front counter and thought what the f..k have I walked into here.

Thank god I was on relief staff and was only at that post office for a few days, I didn't officially report him but asked around and he had been doing it for a while.

A guy at my current employer got sacked because he just wasn't a good fit and he had made some inappropriate comments to women. Turns out there was a whole bunch of pr0n on his work phone and laptop. Funnily enough, he was HR Manager and actually got me the interview here.

Did you insert your dongle?

Multiple downloads?

I dont give a single sh1t about diversity. If im running a business i want the best for the job. Not a white dude, or a chinese lesbian, or a fat transgender aboriginal. Whomever can do the job best, gets the job. When did this stop being the main criteria?!

Agree in principle. At least in my industry though, you see diversity at the lower levels (i.e. the grunts keeping the lights on) because as you say, people want to work with top talent regardless of their background. But not so much as you go up the corporate ladder.

Its not just in terms of race or sex; there's also a disproportionate amount of wealthy individuals who grew up in the right suburbs, went to the right schools and have connections with all the movers and shakers in business.

There's a whole bunch of reasons for this (you could probably list out 20-30 of them) - in some cases, involving self selection - but the most significant reason comes back to the fundamental principle that success at the higher levels is usually more about relationships and your ability to deal with people than technical ability. And people like to deal with people that are similar to them. In bigger cities like London and New York, it is easier for people to find their own tribe and, as a result, you do see more diversity at the top levels. But in Perth, for example, all other things being equal, it's going to significantly harder to make it as an Aboriginal bloke from Midland who grew up poor and went to a government school, than your average western suburbs kid who went to an expensive private school and knows all their parent's friends at the yacht club.

Worked with a total weirdo in my first job.
- One of our bosses was in the newspaper one day. This guy arrived early that morning and cut out the boss' picture from all the delivered copies of the newspaper in the kitchen and then hid them in his desk drawer.
- He never used to drink at all, but then would turn up to work events when everyone is plastered and creep on the women.
- Related to the point above, he was a member of some weird cult and his diet was protein powder and fruit.
- He claimed to be into martial arts and, again when everyone was drunk, would make aggressive but indirect comments to the guys in the office about how he was agitated that day and just wanted to fu** someone up.
- His dad was a client and he was always suggesting to the bosses that dad would stop sending work their way if they didn't kiss his ass.
- Sometimes the grads would have duties like picking up finger foods for presentations. They'd arrive at the shop to pick up the food and weirdo had already gone there on his own accord and claimed it.
- He was in some bizarre relationship with a much younger woman; don't know what was going on there, but she presented like a battered wife (also was from the same cult).
- He just went ahead and took home a bunch of leftover chickens from the Melbourne cup lunch without asking anyone. What made it stranger was he didn't even eat chicken because of his weird diet.
- We could work overseas for half a year in one of the company's branch offices. You'd do shitkicker work, but it was a chance to see a new city and meet new people. Well probably for the first time in its history, the weirdo was dismissed and sent home within a month of starting at the branch office which was a total embarrassment, yet weirdo still rocks up at work the next week like nothing had happened. Attitude was "let's see them try to sack me".

Pompous private girls school type with wealthy parents and the typical high opinion of herself.

At least we had the same tactic of dealing with each other, radio silence :D

First year military - one guy put a bayonet through his section officer's door and put bleach in his orange juice to try and poison him.
He also smashed his own window and cut above his eye with a piece of the glass, claiming someone was out to get him (he wasn't bright enough to move any of the glass that fell out of the window to the inside of his room).

He didn't last long.

First year military - one guy put a bayonet through his section officer's door and put bleach in his orange juice to try and poison him.
He also smashed his own window and cut above his eye with a piece of the glass, claiming someone was out to get him (he wasn't bright enough to move any of the glass that fell out of the window to the inside of his room).

He didn't last long.
Can you just leave the military? Like if I hate my job I can quit. Are they allowed to quit?

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

He didn't last long.

Sounds like a Full Metal Jacket style breakdown.

Sounds like a Full Metal Jacket style breakdown.
We had a few useless people in our class (including one who had a 99 TER but zero common sense) but he was a serious nutjob.
My enduring memory of him is that every time I saw him over a six month period he had a black eye. Just weird.

The psych testing wasn't that effective. One guy failed the psych testing for army, so joined the navy instead.

Can you just leave the military? Like if I hate my job I can quit. Are they allowed to quit?
In theory no, but if you're in a 'dangerous occupation' there are mechanisms to be removed

Remove this Banner Ad

Back