Describe the worst ******* person you ever had to work with

Remove this Banner Ad

We had a few useless people in our class (including one who had a 99 TER but zero common sense) but he was a serious nutjob.
My enduring memory of him is that every time I saw him over a six month period he had a black eye. Just weird.

The psych testing wasn't that effective. One guy failed the psych testing for army, so joined the navy instead.
I thought it went air sea land
Surely being trapped on a boat with a nut would be worse for him and everyone else

I thought it went air sea land
Surely being trapped on a boat with a nut would be worse for him and everyone else
Different day, different tester, diffrent questions, different answers.
It was the 90s but we were surprised the psychs didn't communicate with each other or that getting barred once doesn't carry over to other testing in the same year. They're all civilian staff working for defence anyway.

First year military - one guy put a bayonet through his section officer's door and put bleach in his orange juice to try and poison him.
He also smashed his own window and cut above his eye with a piece of the glass, claiming someone was out to get him (he wasn't bright enough to move any of the glass that fell out of the window to the inside of his room).

He didn't last long.
how accurate was this movie?
tenor.gif

First year military - one guy put a bayonet through his section officer's door and put bleach in his orange juice to try and poison him.
He also smashed his own window and cut above his eye with a piece of the glass, claiming someone was out to get him (he wasn't bright enough to move any of the glass that fell out of the window to the inside of his room).

He didn't last long.

For all the "psychological" testing they do at recruitment, the military still let a few ground balls roll between their legs to the boundary. Maybe it's improved since my day?

We had one guy on our intake who was basically a street kid. No idea how he snuck through. Didn't finish basic training.
Worked with another dude who used to maintain a kill list. So what you say? Maintained, as in kept it in his top pocket and made regular edits. You'd piss him off - he'd whip out his list with a flourish and move you up. I still remember the SNCO's manning meeting when he was posted into our unit. I think he got shuffled into and out of every section during that meeting. Dunno what happened to him.
Worked with another dude who left to become a professional wrestler. He was a special guy.
Worked with a chick who would regularly root the SNCOICs for preferential treatment/duties.
And then there were the functional alcoholics. So so many functional alcoholics

I've met a few clowns over the years that I worked as a courier, but one guy in 2017 actually made me get of the truck and vomit.
I was teaching him my delivery run, but after a few years, you get the feel of people you're training and you develop a sense for whether they're up to the job.
We'd left a delivery, discussing something unimportant when he blew his nose.
Into his bare hands.
He then proceeded to wipe his hands down the front of his brand new company issued shirt.
I pulled over, jumped out and spewed until I had nothing left to give.
Get back in the truck to be greeted with "you alright bro ?"
Needless to say, my sixth sense proved correct. He lasted a week, among numerous customer complaints about his hygiene.

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app

1. Arrogant POS that tilts his head up and has this (I'm better than everyone else voice) whenever he talks. Always talks about himself, achievements, Puts anyone down over the radio who calls in for help. Claims to be the best worker, better than everyone else. He was trash talking another worker so I let them know and then he denied everything and blamed everything on me. I've always worked hard, and as a team, but this ******* would run around accusing me of being lazy. He is incredibly toxic and despite my best efforts to bring the crew together, he'd always bring them down. In all my years working, this guy is unquestionably #1. I really didn't have much respect for him when early in the piece he was telling me about some of the things he did in his personal life which were highly questionable. I tried to get along with him but he wasn't workable. I just ignore this ******* from now. I'm also glad I'm not on his shift anymore.

2. a few people that run around trying to intimidate you, expect you to leave them a perfect change over. I had one guy pull this s**t on me and I blasted him. I later found out that he was trying to manipulate me into doing all the work so he could sit back and do * all on his shift. The moment I stopped giving a s**t about looking after other people like this, my mental health improved significantly.

I had sh*thead coworker a few years back who used to always suck up to supervisors and management and fake illnesses to wrangle out of his role and do easy jobs. He would also backstab and snitch other employees (including yours truly) over mistakes when they were not seeing him (other co-workers made sure I was aware of this) and he would spend every lunch break with the supervisors and management brown nosing and backstabbing.
I know that guy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2. a few people that run around trying to intimidate you, expect you to leave them a perfect change over.

I had one like that on the previous shift. We had to send crude product up to the refinery at a certain specific gravity, and it had to be tested every 20 minutes as the refinery guys had to adjust parameters to suit. It was very hard to maintain the sg as the stuff coming in was totally variable in quality and thickness and it always went up and down no matter how good you were.

There was a competition for the most spot-on feeds and I'd done 13 in a row, 4 hours out of a 12-hour shift. Handed over to a shift operator who I won't identify but the campaigner's name was Bernie who then recorded 34 in a row (yeah right). I took over his "perfect" shift and the *er had fiddled with every single valve and tap and it took about 6 hours to get consistent product sent upstairs. At the end of the shift the sg was still well out but was coming right.

Bernie came in for the following day shift and my shift leader and I bailed him up and told him to never * with the machinery again.

He went to management and showed them his "perfect" sheet and my following all-over-the-*******-place sheet, and complained that I'd handed it over in a sorry state and how was he supposed to do his job with campaigners like me on board.

It was five days later when I was on day shift again, and got called in for a chat at the office and had the sheets waved in my face. I was soooo lucky my shift leader backed me up. And of course Bernie's shift got a nice lunch for "winning" the comp.

I'd forgotten about that fat * until your post reminded me... :)

I had one like that on the previous shift. We had to send crude product up to the refinery at a certain specific gravity, and it had to be tested every 20 minutes as the refinery guys had to adjust parameters to suit. It was very hard to maintain the sg as the stuff coming in was totally variable in quality and thickness and it always went up and down no matter how good you were.

There was a competition for the most spot-on feeds and I'd done 13 in a row, 4 hours out of a 12-hour shift. Handed over to a shift operator who I won't identify but the campaigner's name was Bernie who then recorded 34 in a row (yeah right). I took over his "perfect" shift and the f***er had fiddled with every single valve and tap and it took about 6 hours to get consistent product sent upstairs. At the end of the shift the sg was still well out but was coming right.

Bernie came in for the following day shift and my shift leader and I bailed him up and told him to never fu** with the machinery again.

He went to management and showed them his "perfect" sheet and my following all-over-the-*******-place sheet, and complained that I'd handed it over in a sorry state and how was he supposed to do his job with campaigners like me on board.

It was five days later when I was on day shift again, and got called in for a chat at the office and had the sheets waved in my face. I was soooo lucky my shift leader backed me up. And of course Bernie's shift got a nice lunch for "winning" the comp.

I'd forgotten about that fat fu** until your post reminded me... :)
Feel like this needs to be elaborated on more?

i used to work with a woman, who was the biggest pain in the arse, she got moved to my store because its a little quieter than the one she was at, she didn't hadn't stress that well, she would just walk out and drive off then come back, she would talk way too much especially to customers telling then way too much personal s**t

she would make constant mistakes after she had been told the correct way off doing things, then one day i had to tell her 3 times in about 10 minutes, not to do it that way, do it the way i showed you, but kept doing the wrong way, then on the same day, she kept on moving jobs around for the techs, cancelling jobs, then the owner rang me and told me to tell her, if she was to move service jobs to either speak to me or him before doing it, so i told her this is what she was to do going forward, she then grabbed her phone and walked outside, came back in after a couple minutes, took of her company shirt and said have a nice Christmas and walked out, i rang the owner and said i think so and so has just quit, she sent me a 1 line email saying she was resigning later that day

i rang the other store and let them know and they was quite happy she had quit, she wasn't well liked, one of the owners spoke to her about a week later and she said to the owner, that she never listened to anyone and just did what she wanted

1. Arrogant POS that tilts his head up and has this (I'm better than everyone else voice) whenever he talks. Always talks about himself, achievements, Puts anyone down over the radio who calls in for help. Claims to be the best worker, better than everyone else. He was trash talking another worker so I let them know and then he denied everything and blamed everything on me. I've always worked hard, and as a team, but this ******* would run around accusing me of being lazy. He is incredibly toxic and despite my best efforts to bring the crew together, he'd always bring them down. In all my years working, this guy is unquestionably #1. I really didn't have much respect for him when early in the piece he was telling me about some of the things he did in his personal life which were highly questionable. I tried to get along with him but he wasn't workable. I just ignore this ******* from now. I'm also glad I'm not on his shift anymore.

2. a few people that run around trying to intimidate you, expect you to leave them a perfect change over. I had one guy pull this sh*t on me and I blasted him. I later found out that he was trying to manipulate me into doing all the work so he could sit back and do fu** all on his shift. The moment I stopped giving a sh*t about looking after other people like this, my mental health improved significantly.

People who constantly talk themselves up and put other colleagues down are usually severely lacking in self confidence. I work in sales and have had many of these colleagues over the years. I certainly try not to fight fire with fire but can be hard at times, particularly if having a slow month/quarter and the campaigner points it out to management. Management of course know what the figures are, still shits you though.

People who constantly talk themselves up and put other colleagues down are usually severely lacking in self confidence. I work in sales and have had many of these colleagues over the years. I certainly try not to fight fire with fire but can be hard at times, particularly if having a slow month/quarter and the campaigner points it out to management. Management of course know what the figures are, still shits you though.
Agree on the difficulty dealing with these people. The worst part about it is they try to bring everyone else down to their level. This person is an A grade Kiss Ass too.

One of my former bosses threatened to punch myself and another employee for taking a morning tea break, which we rarely did but were obviously entitled to do. When the company I left his place for was taken over and everyone retrenched he pleaded with me to come back. Fortunately for me I was retrenched but rehired the same day with a promotion (but also got the retrenchment payout :D). He went on to commit a murder suicide a few years later.

One of my former bosses threatened to punch myself and another employee for taking a morning tea break, which we rarely did but were obviously entitled to do. When the company I left his place for was taken over and everyone retrenched he pleaded with me to come back. Fortunately for me I was retrenched but rehired the same day with a promotion (but also got the retrenchment payout :D). He went on to commit a murder suicide a few years later.

Never has this meme been more appropriate

0965fadd1e3ffb20638b278656c3c744.jpg

Were they the murderer or the suicider?

Were they the murderer or the suicider?
He was both. I can't find much info about it on the net (there's a couple of articles) but his name was Jeff Gardiner.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back