Multiplat Destiny 2

Remove this Banner Ad

haven't played in over a month. hit the wall

I used to pace myself and could fade out a bit as an expansion wore on. Since the introduction of seasons though I felt like there is too much busy work. Even after I max out my season pass and hit light hard cap I'd still farm levels for bright engrams or seasonal activities for god rolls. I'm trying to only play one character right now because I have the habit of going all in then burning out.

I never got around to doing VOG. even the 30th pack I have barley touched. I think the 6 month season did it, normal 3 month seasons will keep me in, and I am hyped for the new DLC.

I swear this game is a second full time job.
Lol I remember and I haven't played for about two years!

Am considering playing on PC now that I've built a decent gaming rig.

Has anyone here transferred from PS4 to PC? If so, how's the experience been?

Fast forward and I've been back into it the past month :tearsofjoy:. Already caught up the last two seasons I missed and cleared a VoG last week. I didn't understand the oracle changes from OG Vault, I just winged my way through it by pointing my gun at stuff and shooting it.

Sometimes you zone into some interesting Towers.

View attachment 1313483

You have to shoot the oracles in the order they appear. In the oracles encounter, you have five rounds, starting with three oracles and ending up with seven oracles to shoot. The oracles will ping in the correct order twice, and then they all spawn in the third time and the team has to shoot them in the right order, otherwise you're marked for negation and have to cleanse in the pit. The oracles challenge requires each guardian to shoot a particular oracle once only during the encounter. It's a cinch on normal level, because you just rotate after each round and one guardian takes care of two oracles, if they need to be shot. At master level, it's a lot more involved because the adds are so overwhelming.

At Atheon, the oracles ping in the correct order twice in the throne room, and if you've been teleported to Mars or Venus, you only see the oracles when they spawn all at once, so you're relying on someone outside to call the right order. There's a few different methods, but when I used to run this raid, we'd call out the location of the first two oracles at Atheon to cut down on voice comms. I know other teams prefer to number each oracle from one to six. The change to oracles at Atheon makes the Atheon challenge a breeze compared to the D1 version in Age of Triumphs, where everyone had to break an oracle, including the people outside. Atheon challenge in D2 VoG is that each teleported person shoots one oracle per round.

Master VoG adds champions to each encounter (normal VoG has overload champions at confluxes, but they're easy to deal with), match game, no radar and "air superiority" (harpies deal a lot more damage). It also has a recommended power level of 1360. If you do the weekly challenge, you're guaranteed high stat armour and also a timelost version of the weapon. Master Templar challenge is the easiest to do and gives out timelost fatebringers. If you do all the challenges, then you get the timelost Found Verdict. Master Gatekeeper challenge is one of the hardest challenges to complete, because the timing is so finicky.

It's been a while, but did you get the collectibles in the raid to unlock the shader? There are also some triumphs that aren't tied to challenges that are relatively straightforward to complete. There's a triumph for completing the oracles encounter without shooting any of the hobgoblin snipers, and also a challenge for killing two gorgons within a couple of seconds of each other - Wardcliff Coil murders the gorgons.

If anyone wants to take a crack at VoG, let me know. Always happy to help someone play, and now with cross-play, we don't have to worry about platforms any more. Still waiting to hear more on the PlayStation discord integration, but gamechat is okay for the time being.

Same with the new dungeon, including the master level, which isn't too difficult.

dwwaino can tell you more, but D2 is now cross-play, it won't matter to your fireteam if you're PC and someone else is console. I've raided with PC players in the past and once we sorted out how to make gamechat work, it was fine. Ev1lroy66 is still playing as well, so it'll be getting the band back together again.

With cross save it's easier than ever. Just have to buy the extra content on every platform if you want to play it there which is a bit poo Though it's as simple as logging into your Bungo account and linking your separate accounts. It used to be only between two platforms but I activated my characters on Xbox a couple weeks ago but haven't downloaded it there to test. I do my sweaty and clan stuff on PC but sometimes if I just want to casually grind I'll boot it up on PS5. I found some PvP objectives were easier on console too so sometimes I switch just for that lol.

Since I missed the last season and took a while to catch up I'm only around 1340 light at the moment so not bothering with end game stuff like GM nightfalls. Have been just using the time to farm for god rolls, cleaning up unfinished catalysts etc. Most of my clan are on hiatus until Witch Queen.

You have to shoot the oracles in the order they appear. In the oracles encounter, you have five rounds, starting with three oracles and ending up with seven oracles to shoot. The oracles will ping in the correct order twice, and then they all spawn in the third time and the team has to shoot them in the right order, otherwise you're marked for negation and have to cleanse in the pit. The oracles challenge requires each guardian to shoot a particular oracle once only during the encounter. It's a cinch on normal level, because you just rotate after each round and one guardian takes care of two oracles, if they need to be shot. At master level, it's a lot more involved because the adds are so overwhelming.

At Atheon, the oracles ping in the correct order twice in the throne room, and if you've been teleported to Mars or Venus, you only see the oracles when they spawn all at once, so you're relying on someone outside to call the right order. There's a few different methods, but when I used to run this raid, we'd call out the location of the first two oracles at Atheon to cut down on voice comms. I know other teams prefer to number each oracle from one to six. The change to oracles at Atheon makes the Atheon challenge a breeze compared to the D1 version in Age of Triumphs, where everyone had to break an oracle, including the people outside. Atheon challenge in D2 VoG is that each teleported person shoots one oracle per round.

Master VoG adds champions to each encounter (normal VoG has overload champions at confluxes, but they're easy to deal with), match game, no radar and "air superiority" (harpies deal a lot more damage). It also has a recommended power level of 1360. If you do the weekly challenge, you're guaranteed high stat armour and also a timelost version of the weapon. Master Templar challenge is the easiest to do and gives out timelost fatebringers. If you do all the challenges, then you get the timelost Found Verdict. Master Gatekeeper challenge is one of the hardest challenges to complete, because the timing is so finicky.

It's been a while, but did you get the collectibles in the raid to unlock the shader? There are also some triumphs that aren't tied to challenges that are relatively straightforward to complete. There's a triumph for completing the oracles encounter without shooting any of the hobgoblin snipers, and also a challenge for killing two gorgons within a couple of seconds of each other - Wardcliff Coil murders the gorgons.

My first VoG the instructions from the clan were shut up and shoot stuff on oracles ✅, then for gatekeeper and atheon I was told to check the info tab in our discord which I did. Then everyone started laughing because apparently there was some meme info, then by the time I alt tabbed back they had almost finished the encounter lol. Then on atheon I never got teleported once. Profit.

I've looked up some vids of the oracles since but I think I need to see it again. Not sure how many times I'll run it again though as we're not doing much at the moment. Everyone is just waiting out for WQ

Tried doing the VOG a few months back with two brothers (decent players) and two randoms and after several hours we called it quits (starting hitting 2-3am).

But it was fun and I still hope to one day complete it. I'm not that good but I am damn good company and I'll try and revive you and follow instructions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tried doing the VOG a few months back with two brothers (decent players) and two randoms and after several hours we called it quits (starting hitting 2-3am).

But it was fun and I still hope to one day complete it. I'm not that good but I am damn good company and I'll try and revive you and follow instructions.
You went in with 5 instead of 6 on your first shot at VOG?

Me and my mates run VOG all the time we have even carried new lights 200 light under through. If you have any interest give me a shout and we could look to get you through it.

You went in with 5 instead of 6 on your first shot at VOG?

Me and my mates run VOG all the time we have even carried new lights 200 light under through. If you have any interest give me a shout and we could look to get you through it.

No was six, was a friend of a brother included. I just plum forgot about him.

I might look at this, new DLC soon so might jump back in.

I’m finding it very hard to get back into this and I don’t know why. Weird.
I found what works for me to have something to aim for. So for me at them moment it’s to get the moments of triumph title, so I’m working through each of the requirements.

No harm in taking a break from it.
Once i reach max light level for this season i stopped playing. Picked it up for a few weeks to get Ghally and 30 ann triumphs and have stopped again as a result getting excited about witch queen.
Though i have been play HZD to prep for the forbidden west. Of course both come out around the same time.

I hit a wall a bit into Beyond Light so only levelled my warlock. This weekend got into my titan and hunter to get them ready for WQ. Still have a couple stasis missions to go on hunter but I'm mostly there but this that I stole from Destiny Shaxxposting group on FB pretty much sums up how I felt by the end...

FB_IMG_1642947786278.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back