Multiplat Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Remove this Banner Ad

Just did this.

Had to do it with a pistol as it was the only long range weapon I had that was lethal enough (had a shotgun and heavy rifle, which is terrible for aiming anywhere past 10 metres).

Was really tough but once I got the lay of the land wasn't too bad. I used the auto-save which is basically from when the cutscene ends and play begins. Changed to a gas grenade and pistol, threw the grenade as far towards the back as possible where the 2 mini-gun guys are. Then just went pistoling everyone else around the level as well as throwing a couple of concussion grenades in that little area to the right where the snipers are all poised.

Keys are to make sure you use the barrels and grenades imo. Obviously you need to switch to the EMP as soon as the big dog turret gets dropped as well.

Also make sure you have plenty of stimpacks and painkillers. I managed to do it with 1 painkiller and 3 stimpacks, so if you have more again you should be fine.

It's do-able.

Cheers, thanks for the tips. One thing I wasn't doing was using the EMP, so now it will be the first thing I try.

Just finished it up then.

Very fun game overall, really has a Hitman vibe to it, not as open and non-linear but enough so that you can make your own choices and potentially go back and do more.

The ending I chose
Darrow's message
was very ambiguous. Will go back and see what the rest are like, seems like there should be more to the endings.

Will probably pick up the DLC for a bit more time with the game.

Very enjoyable though, to get it for free after I was definitely not going to pick it up was an extreme bonus. And now they have a fan, will definitely pick up the next if they have a follow up.

Just finished it up then.

Very fun game overall, really has a Hitman vibe to it, not as open and non-linear but enough so that you can make your own choices and potentially go back and do more.

The ending I chose
Darrow's message
was very ambiguous. Will go back and see what the rest are like, seems like there should be more to the endings.

Will probably pick up the DLC for a bit more time with the game.

Very enjoyable though, to get it for free after I was definitely not going to pick it up was an extreme bonus. And now they have a fan, will definitely pick up the next if they have a follow up.

Agreed on all counts; one of the best gaming experiences I had last year, was pleasantly surprised after I had talked my self into believing it wouldn't be good. Haven't tried the DLC yet, heard it's ok though. Definitely look forward to the next one in the series.

Playing through the DLC right now.

It's absolutely fantastic. Right up there with the best missions in the normal campaign. While not as free and open, there's a lot to enjoy in it. There's still plenty of stuff to explore and roam around finding too.

There's a cool little email about Australia in there to read too called 'Operation Southern Cross' mentions about them setting up camps in Brisbane and Cairns.

Only bummer is that you lose all your Aug's and inventory, so you're basically starting fresh. Even though the story takes place about 2/3rds through the actual main story.

Just finished the DLC. Very good chunk of DLC. Coming off the back of Arkham City's very small 1.5 hour DLC that cost $12.95, I can safely say that even at that price, this DLC would be worth more than AC's was.

Thankfully I got it for $4.95 and had a real good time with it.

As I said in the previous post this is really right up there with the best stuff from the main campaign. There's also a moral choice and some good story beats that connect back into the main campaign's story as well to keep it interesting.

Well worth the purchase and play.:thumbsu:

Very late to the party but I picked this up for $20 recently. Started it a few days ago, have only played a few hours but am loving it so far. Really enjoy these type of games. Playing as stealthily as possible, searching every corner, moving every box and hacking everything I see.

Might have to buy this, doesnt matter how much space i have available on my PS3 it keeps telling me there's not enough space to download it :confused: with 14gb free and the game weighing in at 8.2gb......i have no idea, yet it let me start downloading the 10gb Darksiders o_O

Might have to buy this, doesnt matter how much space i have available on my PS3 it keeps telling me there's not enough space to download it :confused: with 14gb free and the game weighing in at 8.2gb......i have no idea, yet it let me start downloading the 10gb Darksiders o_O

Download could be compressed, so the actual install is greater than 14GB?

Game has won me over. Itching to play it again.

Highlight is stealing a fridge and using it as a weapon. Threw it at a group of punks and they all died.

Went and did some antenna thing which I'm not sure I was meant to yet.

Its good, but I have it on PS3 and the controls are horrendous. I wish there was a way to change them. So many buttons in shocking positions.

HBK619Other than that, just put points into the augs that enhance your play style and focus on those few. The worst thing you can do in an RPG is spread your points everywhere and become a jack of all trades type character

Just started playing this game. Well;

I just finished infiltrating the MCB hideout (IIRC) to disable the antenna)

And i've been spreading my points across hacking and now stealth. I might keep it that way and max them out before doing something else.

It's not a bad game, i like the stealth side of it, but i'm not too keen on the shooting side of it, where it feels as though you are firing from the hip. And moving from one side of cover to another feels kind of 'clumsy' for lack of a better word. But overall the controls are not perfect, but playable.

Just started playing this game. Well;

I just finished infiltrating the MCB hideout (IIRC) to disable the antenna)

And i've been spreading my points across hacking and now stealth. I might keep it that way and max them out before doing something else.

It's not a bad game, i like the stealth side of it, but i'm not too keen on the shooting side of it, where it feels as though you are firing from the hip. And moving from one side of cover to another feels kind of 'clumsy' for lack of a better word. But overall the controls are not perfect, but playable.
Eventually I managed to almost max out my Skill Tree. But you definitely want to focus more on hacking and stealth initially (even though the stealth stuff isn't all that special, I think I used the invisibility once or twice the whole game). The hacking allows you to get into heaps of hidden areas and subvert some of the action areas too, getting you 'behind the scenes' as it were.

Also, focus ALL on playing as stealthily as possible. Don't try and get into shooting at all, only using your tranq dart gun to take out the guys. Or stun gun from up close.

Took me a level or two to realise that.

Yeah for sure, i try to avoid shooting when possible, i don't have the ammo to get in a shootout with a gang lol. The more you sneak, the more XP you get when you complete the mission? It'd be difficult to sneak through an entire gang area without getting them 'hostile' i reckon without a guide. (Which i used for the latter part of the MCB hideout on a mission)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah for sure, i try to avoid shooting when possible, i don't have the ammo to get in a shootout with a gang lol. The more you sneak, the more XP you get when you complete the mission? It'd be difficult to sneak through an entire gang area without getting them 'hostile' i reckon without a guide. (Which i used for the latter part of the MCB hideout on a mission)
Not sure about the XP thing. I think not as it really is a choose whatever way you want type of game. Just the mechanics make it more stealthy than anything.

As for the not getting them hostile, it can be done relatively easy as long as you just take a little time to sit and watch the area before moving in. Get a good look at the patterns and see where they all move, then make your move. Even if they do spot you occasionally, you can generally sneak away before they get full on interested in you.

Also if you can get the 'see through walls' perk as soon as possible, that was a BIG help in terms of knowing which rooms you could not only hide in, but what you were potentially walking into as well.

Cool, cheers! Yeah the guide i was watching the guy had that perk. Know what it was called? Going to get it next i'd say.
Not sure, but it's in the eye's block of perks I think.

Finished. What a long arse campaign if you decide to dig in and do it the stealth way. lol. I'm pretty sure i did all the side quests which all add up. I think i plunged a good 40-45 hours into this and by the end of it, Jensens monotonous tone was grating on me. Hehe.

The ending i chose?
Self-destruct. lol. I somehow missed Taggart and didn't end up getting his option at the end.

Overall, well worth the money!

it is nothing like dishonoured in terms of gameplay or story line though.

it doesn't matter what you compare this too. this is one of the better games you'll find. i've beaten it about 5 times on all difficulties. you'll absolutely love it ... assuming the story line works for it.

it was almost flawless to me though. i didn't like the cover system in this game a whole lot but that was my only complaint.

it is nothing like dishonoured in terms of gameplay or story line though.

it doesn't matter what you compare this too. this is one of the better games you'll find. i've beaten it about 5 times on all difficulties. you'll absolutely love it ... assuming the story line works for it.

it was almost flawless to me though. i didn't like the cover system in this game a whole lot but that was my only complaint.
How did you go through it each 5 times?

Stealth every time? Stealth/Action? All Action?

And there is one big flaw, the bosses. The cover system is fine imo, but the boss fights...ugh.

I do agree about how fantastic the game is though. No doubt you've played the DLC too? Very good DLC and takes all the good parts from the main game and puts it into the DLC.

Finished it last week and i loved it! not a very long game but it has replay value.

I played it going in guns blazing and found it very challenging and enjoyed every bit of it.

I have started again and this time i have been playing stealthy and i am surprised with the amount of stuff i missed the first time round and throughly enjoying it even more the 2nd time.

Have yet to play the DC but will get it once i am around that part of the game so it flows better with the story.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back