FTA-TV Dexter: New Blood (Season 9)

Remove this Banner Ad

Getting a lot of hate online, I like watching YouTube breakdowns/reviews of shows and the consensus here seems to be 'they've screwed up two endings now, not just one'.
I don't think it was that bad, but I didn't think it was good. Just felt like there were too many plot holes and conveniences to get to the point of Harrison killing Dexter.

That said, I'm also not that disappointed in there not being a Dexter Bautista face to face meeting, so I'm clearly in the minority on a lot of things wrt this show/season

I'm still wondering why Harrison had to flee town at the end, given that Angela was calling it in as an "officer involved shooting"? She'd wiped down the gun, and was claiming the kill as her own. There wasn't going to be any investigation into Harrison, so why did he need to leave?

... not to mention the subsequent questions (asked by others), about a kid driving off without a license, money, or anything else needed to survive. I guess he managed to survive alone before finding Dexter, so my issues here aren't as great.

I'm still wondering why Harrison had to flee town at the end, given that Angela was calling it in as an "officer involved shooting"? She'd wiped down the gun, and was claiming the kill as her own. There wasn't going to be any investigation into Harrison, so why did he need to leave?

... not to mention the subsequent questions (asked by others), about a kid driving off without a license, money, or anything else needed to survive. I guess he managed to survive alone before finding Dexter, so my issues here aren't as great.
He just shot his father, broke another kid’s arm, overdosed, was involved with a potential school shooter…the list goes on. If I could drive that kid out of my daughter’s bed and back onto the road, I would haha.

Just binged this over a week. Sure there's a few contrivances and some lazy writing, plus the argument that the final episode rushed the conclusion a little, but it was still satisfactory and far better than what was delivered up previously. What it did best was gradually show that Dexter is not a hero; I think a lot of fans and the writers forgot that, he became the good guy when he's not a good guy. He's not the Dark Defender, he's a serial killer and even if it has been directed towards villains, plenty of others have been caught up in his actions.

I could think of a few alternative endings that might have been better (I thought the books ended well) but I'm happy with what we got and that it was a definitive conclusion.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back