Multiplat Diablo 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Only purchased last night (there were apparently a couple of pre-order mounts as bonuses), so plan on flitting between this and Street Fighter 6 this weekend.

One of my former staff members who's now our data analysis guy, has taken the week off for this (planned leave, he did it the right way).

Level 25 necro, pretty much just about up to as far as I got in the open beta and server slam. Anyone got any tips how I can beat that Malnok stronghold? I can start the fight with all my skeletons but once they're dead I have no corpses to revive then or use corpse explosion on which is where most of my damage has been coming from.
If I refund my skills what should I put points in to for a single target enemy and no corpses to use?
And yeah, the Butcher has smashed me a few times as well.
I noticed they fixed the container mechanic as well, in the beta once you got rid of the basic attack as necro, the core skills wouldn't smash anything, so you'd have to 'evade' in to crates etc to break them open.

Level 25 necro, pretty much just about up to as far as I got in the open beta and server slam. Anyone got any tips how I can beat that Malnok stronghold? I can start the fight with all my skeletons but once they're dead I have no corpses to revive then or use corpse explosion on which is where most of my damage has been coming from.
If I refund my skills what should I put points in to for a single target enemy and no corpses to use?
And yeah, the Butcher has smashed me a few times as well.
I noticed they fixed the container mechanic as well, in the beta once you got rid of the basic attack as necro, the core skills wouldn't smash anything, so you'd have to 'evade' in to crates etc to break them open.
I maxed hewed flesh and set my skeletons to reapers with the ability to generate corpses. Never run out.

Early thoughts so far, have had little to no issues with the game itself, just a tad of lagg around 5-6pm my time (prime net use I guess) but nothing too major.

The gameplay itself it fun, and can be simple or complex as you want. I have definitely found that playing on the harder tier 2 difficulty is well worth it, otherwise it was just a button mash.

There is a lot I still need to get my head around such as those codex things, i’am not entirely sure how they work.. got a couple of legendary items. Sitting on level 25 in the first act still.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Early thoughts so far, have had little to no issues with the game itself, just a tad of lagg around 5-6pm my time (prime net use I guess) but nothing too major.

The gameplay itself it fun, and can be simple or complex as you want. I have definitely found that playing on the harder tier 2 difficulty is well worth it, otherwise it was just a button mash.

There is a lot I still need to get my head around such as those codex things, i’am not entirely sure how they work.. got a couple of legendary items. Sitting on level 25 in the first act still.

Do you mean the aspects for the dungeons?

So once you unlock them, you can upgrade a rare item to a legendary with an aspect you got from a dungeon. They apply to certain classes and then certain gear type (gloves, boots etc.)

When you have a legendary item and it has the orange * and orange writing. That's an aspect. You can add them via the earnable ones in dungeons or you can extract it from a legendary that dropped and save it to use in another item.

I actually haven't gone much into aspects either. While levelling I'm often just throwing on highest power level and extracting aspects from legendaries I'm not going to use.

Tbh for levelling it's probably the way to go, too much gear changes over the course, so until you reach end game there isn't too much worry to complete them all. Unless you really want one that helps your build.

Tbh for levelling it's probably the way to go, too much gear changes over the course, so until you reach end game there isn't too much worry to complete them all. Unless you really want one that helps your build.

There have been a few times where something really cool would drop that fit my levelling build so I'd stick some gems in it. The very next dungeon I would replace it with something else lol. Not much reason investing much in any gear until 50. That's why as a lightning sorcerer I'm rocking stuff with strength and fire skills lol.

There have been a few times where something really cool would drop that fit my levelling build so I'd stick some gems in it. The very next dungeon I would replace it with something else lol. Not much reason investing much in any gear until 50. That's why as a lightning sorcerer I'm rocking stuff with strength and fire skills lol.

Wouldn't worry too much about putting Gems in being a waste though, if you salvage the item you get the gem back free. But yes not much point focusing on gear until later

When playing the beta I swore I'd get out of Act I ASAP, however I only just finished it lol. Despite doing it a couple times already I was taking more of it in this time probably because my character is actually meaningful. I didn't notice some of this really cool environmental art in the background before.

Absolutely loving this. Can't wait to see what end game is like because that will be the real meat and potatoes but this is probably the most engrossed I've ever been in a Diablo story. So much detail into the parallels with the finer points of Christian demonology is evident too which I'm sure is noticed by anyone else with that sort of background/upbringing. Will have to reserve my final verdict until end game but so far this is the closest to a 10/10 game I've played in so, so long.

Screenshot004.jpg Screenshot005.jpg

When playing the beta I swore I'd get out of Act I ASAP, however I only just finished it lol. Despite doing it a couple times already I was taking more of it in this time probably because my character is actually meaningful. I didn't notice some of this really cool environmental art in the background before.

Absolutely loving this. Can't wait to see what end game is like because that will be the real meat and potatoes but this is probably the most engrossed I've ever been in a Diablo story. So much detail into the parallels with the finer points of Christian demonology is evident too which I'm sure is noticed by anyone else with that sort of background/upbringing. Will have to reserve my final verdict until end game but so far this is the closest to a 10/10 game I've played in so, so long.

View attachment 1703657View attachment 1703659

I've just started, and that opening cinematic was incredible. The way Lilith was presented definitely has a lot of references to the Judeo-Christian world view of the Middle Ages.

I've just started, and that opening cinematic was incredible. The way Lilith was presented definitely has a lot of references to the Judeo-Christian world view of the Middle Ages.

Inarius is one of my favourite characters. Obvious parallels with Lucifer of Christian mythology but he has been written extremely well in that light vs dark does not necessarily mean good vs evil.

Inarius is one of my favourite characters. Obvious parallels with Lucifer of Christian mythology but he has been written extremely well in that light vs dark does not necessarily mean good vs evil.

I've been on a bit of a trip lately in trying to add some subtlety to characters from belief systems; John Milton fleshed out Lucifer in Paradise Lost, which has inspired me to think about the motives for Judas Iscariot in the context of a larger project (the Judas aspect is just a small part of my broader whole) as I reflected over Easter (I'm Catholic, so am very familiar with the themes explored in this game, as well as in other art forms I pursue). Lilith is a character from Judeo-Christian demonology I'm very familiar with, and I'm wondering if they're going to incorporate broader themes of emancipation (as in Milton's Lucifer and LaVeyan Satanism, even though these are systems I personally am diametrically opposite to, as besides my own beliefs these concepts imho are quite superficial) or even latter waves of feminism, for which she has been used to explore the subjugation of the feminine to the masculine which does reflect the nature of the mythology that created her.

I've been on a bit of a trip lately in trying to add some subtlety to characters from belief systems; John Milton fleshed out Lucifer in Paradise Lost, which has inspired me to think about the motives for Judas Iscariot in the context of a larger project (the Judas aspect is just a small part of my broader whole) as I reflected over Easter (I'm Catholic, so am very familiar with the themes explored in this game, as well as in other art forms I pursue). Lilith is a character from Judeo-Christian demonology I'm very familiar with, and I'm wondering if they're going to incorporate broader themes of emancipation (as in Milton's Lucifer and LaVeyan Satanism, even though these are systems I personally am diametrically opposite to, as besides my own beliefs these concepts imho are quite superficial) or even latter waves of feminism, for which she has been used to explore the subjugation of the feminine to the masculine which does reflect the nature of the mythology that created her.

My background is of one of the 345636345634655 protestant denominations so I didn't really know much about the more mystical side until I actively researched it in my teens. It definitely changed my view of it being warm and cuddly. The actual depictions of archangels, seraphim and cherubim are in reality quite horrific and like you said the game does a great job of drawing from that pre-reformation medieval view. And just like in Judeo-Christian mythology the Angiris Council in the game don't exactly have humanity's best interest in mind.

Also, if Inarius had a soundtrack

View attachment 1703657View attachment 1703659
I’m taking my time doing dungeons, clearing strongholds and gaining renown. The graphics are just phenomenal on PS5.
I think this is the only game I’m going to play for the next few years. Agreed it’s 10/10.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back