News Disney Wins Naming Rights to Etihad Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

https://www.theage.com.au/national/...lbourne-s-etihad-stadium-20180524-p4zh5i.html

Etihad Stadium will be renamed Marvel Stadium in a new partnership with The Walt Disney Company Australia.
The stadium, located in Docklands, will be known as Marvel Stadium from September 1 in an eight-year agreement between Melbourne Stadiums Limited and Disney.
In a statement on Thursday morning, Melbourne Stadiums Limited CEO Michael Green said the rebranding would see a Marvel retail store and other "activations" installed at the site to bring the characters to life.

“Marvel is a powerhouse in the entertainment industry and one of the most recognised brand names in the world. It is a brand dedicated to audience experiences, which firmly aligns with our vision to create incredible experiences for fans," Mr Green said.
“This partnership will allow us to take the stadium atmosphere to the next level and create memorable experiences for a vast array of audiences and we look forward to delivering a truly game-changing experience."

A government spokesman said: "This is a matter for the AFL."

The multipurpose stadium, which has previously been known as Telstra Dome and Colonial Stadium, is the headquarters of the AFL. Etihad purchased the naming rights in 2009 but the partnership is set to end this year.

The first AFL match was played at the ground on March 9, 2000, between Essendon and Port Adelaide.

Kylie Watson-Wheeler, the senior vice president and managing director of The Walt Disney Company in Australia and New Zealand, said Australians were some of the biggest fans of the Marvel brand in the world.

“Marvel is known for epic storytelling with heart, action, humour and relatability. MSL’s Docklands Stadium has told its own compelling stories over time, via a vast array of sport and entertainment. It’s why this partnership is such a great fit," she said.

marvelexperience-1200.jpg

*this is not what it's going to look like

I still don't want to play any games there.

Don't mind this at all.

Marvel & DC is absolutley booming at the moment, wise move by the AFL to latch onto this, will be a huge $$ gain i reckon.

End of the day the game in its entirety is about families and having fun, and this will definitely help add to that experience when you are on your way into the ground given all the activations that will be set up along the way before entering the ground.

As long as they tone it down a bit once inside the ground, making sure the football game itself is still the number 1 priority it will work really well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good for kids and families and $$ but sad for those who want anything in their lives or the media that isn’t Disney owned. Bloody hell talk about market saturation. In a world where there is so much accessibility to information and content it’s alarming how much of it comes from these buggers.

i had to google disney and marvel. never heard of either. says here they are a jewish entertainment company and when the founder died he whispered the name "kurt russell"

so from arabs to jews, gil really will put his hand anywhere
Disney have ****ed the Star Wars franchise,I expect Docklands to be bulldozed within 5yrs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back