Why are we so bad at Marvel Stadium?

Remove this Banner Ad

It makes no sense to me, didn’t we extend punt road to match the dimensions of it?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Punt Rd same dimensions as Dicklands

It is not the size, it is the surface. Harder to force turnover due to predictable bounce lends itself to precise football, where foot speed and foot skills win out.

In over a decade Dumma and his DUD's (Dimma's Useless Disciples) didn't come up with a different style of play, and team selection to suit the ground.
Tim And Eric Mind Blown GIF

Like how the hell do I know this and our football department don't???

Our club really has negative vibes over this place. No wonder the AFL has it in for us. As much as I love our older players but the quicker they move on the quicker we can right this ship.

Hope our next coach addresses the issue. We need to start winning games at this venue again.

Maybe our poor skills are shown up with the roof shut , no wind etc & we constantly turn the ball over & teams cut us up on the rebound with better skills

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Riewoldt saying the place should be burnt down to the ground in his presser

Adding another decade of bullshit from the AFL against us. Best

Well, we are screwed then LOL

Surprised the AFL just dont tell us that Teague will be our next coach and all our home games have been moved to Geelong.

Punt Rd same dimensions as Dicklands

It is not the size, it is the surface. Harder to force turnover due to predictable bounce lends itself to precise football, where foot speed and foot skills win out.

In over a decade Dumma and his DUD's (Dimma's Useless Disciples) didn't come up with a different style of play, and team selection to suit the ground.
Tim And Eric Mind Blown GIF

Like how the hell do I know this and our football department don't???
Yeah you're right stupid match committee should have thrown the game plan we created that suits the MCG (where all major finals, the GF and most of our home games are played) in the bin so we could mix up our continuity of game plan to extract a win or two at Marvel every year

Riewoldt saying the place should be burnt down to the ground in his presser

Adding another decade of bullshit from the AFL against us. Best

Having worked at Marvel Stadium for 10years, couldn’t agree more lol

Yeah you're right stupid match committee should have thrown the game plan we created that suits the MCG (where all major finals, the GF and most of our home games are played) in the bin so we could mix up our continuity of game plan to extract a win or two at Marvel every year
Seriously champ?

Is that our game plan that is 3 years passed it's used by date?

Can't believe the morons on here still acting like we are still reigning premiers.
We are not that, we are the club that has, played one final in three years and won none.

As a club we need to take our head out of our arses and realise that the Club is actually heading for another 30 years in football wilderness, not an high EI Coach away from Nirvana.

How Are You Doing Season 6 GIF by Bachelor in Paradise

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seriously champ?

Is that our game plan that is 3 years passed it's used by date?

Can't believe the morons on here still acting like we are still reigning premiers.
We are not that, we are the club that has, played one final in three years and won none.

As a club we need to take our head out of our arses and realise that the Club is actually heading for another 30 years in football wilderness, not an high EI Coach away from Nirvana.

How Are You Doing Season 6 GIF by Bachelor in Paradise
Game plan still holding up for Collingwood (with some tweaks)

The game plan is fine it’s a personnel issue at the minute

In my opinion it’s pretty simple and I find the whole conversation about this quite frustrating. Especially when other fans mock us for being sooks.

Games at marvel look almost a completely different sport. Faster deck, no wind, the ball barely hits the ground at all. The ball pings around fast and accurately. Richmond’s tough style of play is at a complete disadvantage because we never get opportunities to win the ball on the ground in a 50-50. Less space to knock it forward and run onto.

Hate the place.

In my opinion it’s pretty simple and I find the whole conversation about this quite frustrating. Especially when other fans mock us for being sooks.

Games at marvel look almost a completely different sport. Faster deck, no wind, the ball barely hits the ground at all. The ball pings around fast and accurately. Richmond’s tough style of play is at a complete disadvantage because we never get opportunities to win the ball on the ground in a 50-50. Less space to knock it forward and run onto.

Hate the place.
Yeah, and it’s a soulless tin shed

Remove this Banner Ad

Back