bradydaw91

All Australian
Aug 4, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Belconnen
I was there on the weekend.

We seemed to have moments of the game where we strung together good chains of ball movement. The likes of Bolton, Bakes, Rioli were elite at times. But the final kick inside 50 was easily covered by the suns defence. It's not completely the forwardline's fault. The entries were long and high. But we looked very slow in the f50. Suns found it way too easy to waltz the ball out of the backline. 6 goals in perfect conditions is not AFL standard.

Is it really a falling off the cliff moment or are there just a few tweaks and things can start working in our favour?

I was there on the weekend.

We seemed to have moments of the game where we strung together good chains of ball movement. The likes of Bolton, Bakes, Rioli were elite at times. But the final kick inside 50 was easily covered by the suns defence. It's not completely the forwardline's fault. The entries were long and high. But we looked very slow in the f50. Suns found it way too easy to waltz the ball out of the backline. 6 goals in perfect conditions is not AFL standard.

Is it really a falling off the cliff moment or are there just a few tweaks and things can start working in our favour?
It is really that bad. There are fundamental issues in terms of our systems, player belief in each other and the systems.

Too many players are also past it, can't kick or are too slow. We have way below average depth in our under 21s.

It will take alot more than a few tweaks I suspect.

Dumb football when we have no KPF marking target like Lynch.
its annoying because they already used the blueprint well enough against Melbourne. Hit up shorter targets. But it seemed like we thought 'hey we got some big guys, its perfect conditions, lets give the ball some hang time baby!'

I personally think Dimma is in the midst of a mid-life crisis and the results on field are reflective of the chaos.
FFS lets not sugar coat shagging the promo girl as some new wanky term ‘ mid life crisis ‘.
He cheated on the people he has spent the majority of his life with who trusted him the most .

It is really that bad. There are fundamental issues in terms of our systems, player belief in each other and the systems.

Too many players are also past it, can't kick or are too slow. We have way below average depth in our under 21s.

It will take alot more than a few tweaks I suspect.
This. We have a lot of quality in there still. But our bottom 6 players (or rather bottom 10) are costing us games.

I see our team is broken into 3 tiers.

• we have inexperienced youth: Ryan, Young, Sonsie, Clarke, Miller, Cumberland, Mansell, Soldo:drunk:, HRS
  • cooked tiger stalwarts: Riewoldt, Grimes, Cotchin, Tarrant, Prestia, Pickett, Nankervis, Dusty (harsh?)
  • At or near their peak: Baker, Rioli, Bolton, Balta, Lynch, Vlastuin, Broad, Tarranto, Hopper, Short, KMac, Graham
The first 2 tiers are basically leaving massive holes all over the field.

It's amazing how quickly we fell off. Pivotal players like Edwards, Prestia and Lambert become passengers/injury prone a year later.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Team has zero confidence, we do some really nice things for little reward. All it takes is one error these days a turn over and we are chasing tail down the other end.

I will say though, when you're in a form slump the team should be doing everything it can to correct it, kicking at goal, hitting targets with basic kicking and handballing skills and I don't believe we are training or taking that part serious enough ATM.

2.7.(19) on the weekend to 4.2.(26) in the first half is what killed us, it killed any momentum the side had and took our confidence away. If that was 7.2 (44) i think we could have got away with an ugly win.

Last edited:
We're not that bad.
Flying late last season, robbed of a semi final berth.
Added Taranto/Hopper, Dusty fit again.
Something went wrong strategy wise pre-season imo, maybe got ahead of ourselves and trained the wrong things.
Then injuries hit (Lynch) followed by a loss of confidence regarding the results and here we are.
From here they have to figure out where we went wrong, train the players to a better suited gameplan and start executing again.

Melbourne finished 4th last year, the entire squad, seniors and rookies returned to training a month early, thats a winning culture. Standards have clearly slipped at the Richmond football club, I think building into a season is a shiit philosophy, I always have because builds compliancy, an attitude of I'll do the hard work later, we'll be better later in the season, dont worry. I think that attitude stinks at any level of competitive sport.

Melbourne finished 4th last year, the entire squad, seniors and rookies returned to training a month early, thats a winning culture. Standards have clearly slipped at the Richmond football club, I think building into a season is a shiit philosophy, I always have because builds compliancy, an attitude of I'll do the hard work later, we'll be better later in the season, dont worry. I think that attitude stinks at any level of competitive sport.

I liked it in 2019 and 2020 and we peaked way too early in 2018... I think any strategy is fine... so long as you are winning ;)

FFS lets not sugar coat shagging the promo girl as some new wanky term ‘ mid life crisis ‘.
He cheated on the people he has spent the majority of his life with who trusted him the most .

You have no freakin idea what the chain of events were but feel qualified to slag the bloke off (behind an anonymous keyboard). WAP.
Stick to footy and keep the personal bits out of it. Disgraceful.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back