Autopsy Players we traded that are doing well at other clubs.

Remove this Banner Ad

We felt the effect of Butler and Higgins this year for sure, Maurice and Cumberland have not been able to provide that small lightning threat we now heavily lack. Not ruling out Cumbo just yet, few things to address with him and Coulthard needs more time.

Chol, a good year last year, would be handy now Jack is gone but eh, struggled this season to get a gig behind a medieval Casboult. Says enough.

The rest? Hasn't really hurt us and what we got for CCJ was highway robbery.
Didn't Chol spend a bit of time in their seconds? If we still had Butler never understood why we let him go I guess DH fell out of love and we know who he preferred. Higgins was just coming good after his brain opp and as soon finals came DH fell out of love so understood why he wanted out.

Didn't Chol spend a bit of time in their seconds? If we still had Butler never understood why we let him go I guess DH fell out of love and we know who he preferred. Higgins was just coming good after his brain opp and as soon finals came DH fell out of love so understood why he wanted out.
Yeah this year Chol has been rotting away in the twos for the most part, i don't think he has been injured for much of it either.
As for last year, he showed his potential, played just about every game and kicked almost 50 goals going at 2.0 gls/gm.

I think he would be quietly spewing dimma is back as his coach as i feel like selection all of a sudden gets a little harder for him, didnt exactly seem like the coaches pet at richmond.

We had to trade these players for Salary cap reasons but some of them would be handy now.

Ellis , Chol - Gold Coast
Markov- Collingwood
Butler, Higgins- St.Kilda
Coleman-Jones - North Melbourne
I went to the North v GC game last weekend and watched both Ellis and Chol closely. Neither has improved from their time with us.

Ellis is just as panicky with ball in hand as he was with us and really stood out for his poor use, while Chol lacked any sort of physical presence and struggled to hold down the FF position they needed him to. They didn't even bother with him in the ruck after the first quarter, choosing to use Burgess in there instead.

Losing Ellis hurt us on the wing big time. Sure his 50m high 10m kicks where painful but he was a very important link in our chains.

Ask any backman the value of a gut running wingman that can push back to help or be in position for that outlet. For all of Ellis’s faults this was one of his most valuable strengths

Stengle not even mentioned
default_stirthepot.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back