Autopsy Players we traded that are doing well at other clubs.

Remove this Banner Ad

We felt the effect of Butler and Higgins this year for sure, Maurice and Cumberland have not been able to provide that small lightning threat we now heavily lack. Not ruling out Cumbo just yet, few things to address with him and Coulthard needs more time.

Chol, a good year last year, would be handy now Jack is gone but eh, struggled this season to get a gig behind a medieval Casboult. Says enough.

The rest? Hasn't really hurt us and what we got for CCJ was highway robbery.

We had to trade these players for Salary cap reasons but some of them would be handy now.

Ellis , Chol - Gold Coast
Markov- Collingwood
Butler, Higgins- St.Kilda
Coleman-Jones - North Melbourne

What do you class as doing well?

Ellis missed games this year due to form
Chol spent round 6 - 18 in the VFL
Markov plays in a role we have plenty of, went to GC and got delisted as well
Butler - Still would love him
Higgins is the only ex - Richmond player I hate with a passion
CCJ - LOL

Butler is a loss
Ellis left for the $$$
Chol left as free agent
Markov, ccj and Higgins all chose to leave. Mostly all left for greater opportunity.
We didn't have to trade any of them.

Spuds do not have 2 x premiership medals in the pool room at home.

Ellis was/is a good player, some of the hate for him on here was a bit embarrassing really.
Seriously I'm not a hater of his but I've never considered him to be that good and especially when we had plently of others similar to him who could take over his role anyway.

We have brought in better quality & lost fringe quality

I must admit Butler would be handy though.
Definitely would of been handy but I think moving him on was the right move at the time

His last season with us was absolutely putrid and we had a fair few guys playing the role at the time

Seriously I'm not a hater of his but I've never considered him to be that good and especially when we had plently of others similar to him who could take over his role anyway.
So, can we agree he's somewhere between Spud and Gun? "Role Player" maybe?

And Markov a spud too? I could always see his potential, and now it's being realised.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So, can we agree he's somewhere between Spud and Gun? "Role Player" maybe?

And Markov a spud too? I could always see his potential, and now it's being realised.
In his early years yes but we proved we could cover him with others in 2020 by winning the cup without him

Ellis was/is a good player, some of the hate for him on here was a bit embarrassing really.
I liked Ellis but it was clear his best was behind him & was no longer worth was he was on.
He had to take paycut to stay, so he had to move on been good for the Suns & they needed experience.
but has also been dropped a few times this season so... the end may be coming.

I liked Ellis but it was clear his best was behind him & was no longer worth was he was on.
He had to take paycut to stay, so he had to move on been good for the Suns & they needed experience.
but has also been dropped a few times this season so... the end may be coming.
Maybe. He's 30 now.

My point was, he was never a spud.

We had to trade these players for Salary cap reasons but some of them would be handy now.

Ellis , Chol - Gold Coast
Markov- Collingwood
Butler, Higgins- St.Kilda
Coleman-Jones - North Melbourne
All crap

Butler at the time made sense. Had lost his way with us.

Higgins is a campaigner and wasn’t liked at the club. Bad for culture and has hardly set the world alight. * him.

The only problem is we give away our players. I’m not saying do a Dudoro, but especially for these two we should of got more.

It costs you in the long run.

What do you class as doing well?

Ellis missed games this year due to form
Chol spent round 6 - 18 in the VFL
Markov plays in a role we have plenty of, went to GC and got delisted as well
Butler - Still would love him
Higgins is the only ex - Richmond player I hate with a passion
CCJ - LOL
Only one I would want back (potentially) is Butler — good player when he is not half arseing it. The rest have not done well. Chol & CCJ spent the year in the ressies, Markov got a 1 yr extension after being a bees dick away from being delisted, brain fade Ellis I was so glad to get off our list and we got compo picks in return. Higgins downhill skier

Maybe OP wants to bring up Brad Ottens ?

Only one I would want back (potentially) is Butler — good player when he is not half arseing it. The rest have not done well. Chol & CCJ spent the year in the ressies, Markov got a 1 yr extension after being a bees dick away from being delisted, brain fade Ellis I was so glad to get off our list and we got compo picks in return. Higgins downhill skier

Maybe OP wants to bring up Brad Ottens ?
We got stitched on the ellis compo

Remove this Banner Ad

Back