Opinion helmets to potentially come in (opening the door for names on guernseys)

Remove this Banner Ad

why do nfl wear helmets? just dumb campaigners ?
Helmets do one thing, they stop your head getting split open and then you bleed all over your sponsors logos. Oh wait, apart from the manufacturers logo (Nike for the NFL) there ARE no sponsors logos on NFL jerseys. You of all people must appreciate that Groupie. Lol

Helmets dont stop the brain bounce which is the issue, would be a knee jerk reaction with no real benefit.

Not only that, I think they worked out helmets give players a heightened sense of protection, encouraging them to go in harder and creating more concussion problems instead of less.

why do nfl wear helmets? just dumb campaigners ?
Its been proven via CTE research that helmets dont prevent concussion, they do help in other ways but nothing can prevent the brain bouncing under certain impacts and thats the biggest issue.

NFL also use their heads as battering rams so not really the same issues.

Its been proven via CTE research that helmets dont prevent concussion, they do help in other ways but nothing can prevent the brain bouncing under certain impacts and thats the biggest issue.

so what your saying is nfl
should take their helmets off

so what your saying is nfl
should take their helmets off
No, not even in your wildest dreams does my post suggest that, as I said, it has other benefits, but stopping concussion and even worse, CTE, they do not.

1-5 previous concussions green helmet
6-10 red helmet

On last concussion gold helmet
Team that wins the flag get orange helmets for the next season

🐄 💩 stop dribbling .
CTE can’t even be effectively tested within a living human .
There is however research to suggest helmet have no substantial affect upon reducing concussion .

Last edited:
i have the perfect solution.
  • increase playing list size to 60
  • introduce a new AGL which is a team based golf tournament with the same teams, logos, merchandising etc. rules might have to be tweaked slightly to involve more cardio work, perhaps introducing a bunch of absolutely daft ******* rules like AFLX. Crowdsource ideas from the clubs and the members.
  • anyone gets a headknock they are not allowed to play in the AFL for 6 weeks but get put in the AGL instead

its so simple and effective i've no idea why no one has thought of it till now

🐄 💩 stop dribbling .
CTE can’t even be effectively tested within a living human .
There is however research to suggest helmet have no substantial affect upon reducing concussion .
You basically just said they same thing as me in different words, strange flex but I hope you get the attention you seek :heart:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

they reckon the hard ones like the nfl are. they might need to design a new one for afl
Not sure how a hard helmet will stop your brain smashing around in your skull in a collision, Im not sure there is a solution even eliminating tackling wont eliminate collisions that can still cause concusion, maybe if you want too play and make the big bucks you have to sign off on the risk?

You basically just said they same thing as me in different words, strange flex but I hope you get the attention you seek :heart:
There is significant difference between concussion cte .
Concussion is generally defined as the loss of consciousness or a state of confusion , instantly or delayed .
Whereas cte is felt to be a result of a build up of incidences which have shook the brain , which may not necessarily have led to concussion .
Concussion is a definitive sign of brain shock but not the only .
AFL policies regarding cte seemingly being solely based upon concussion is interesting .
Not everyone who posts upon here is an attention seeking whore who posts seeking attention .

There is significant difference between concussion cte .
Concussion is generally defined as the loss of consciousness or a state of confusion , instantly or delayed .
Whereas cte is felt to be a result of a build up of incidences which have shook the brain , which may not necessarily have led to concussion .
Concussion is a definitive sign of brain shock but not the only .
AFL policies regarding cte seemingly being solely based upon concussion is interesting .
Not everyone who posts upon here is an attention seeking whore who posts seeking attention .
Great post, still dont see the point you were trying to make to me with your original post which was started as a clear attention seeking action despite basically saying what I had already said.

There are some suggestion that continually being tackled to the ground ( without concussion ) is a significant factor is CTE .
Yes the AFL have cracked down on the tackling which creates concussion , but why don’t they take it a step further and start making meaningful change to reduce the number of tackles in a game . You know like removing the prior opportunity rule like it use to be and encourage players to dispose of the footy rather than encouraging them to take the tackler on .

There are some suggestion that continually being tackled to the ground ( without concussion ) is a significant factor is CTE .
Yes the AFL have cracked down on the tackling which creates concussion , but why don’t they take it a step further and start making meaningful change to reduce the number of tackles in a game . You know like removing the prior opportunity rule like it use to be and encourage players to dispose of the footy rather than encouraging them to take the tackler on .
What you mean like footy used to be like?

If helmets come in I'll actually be done with the game. A lot of people say that for various things, but mandatory helmets is actually terrible.
Tour de France cyclist rode for years without helmets, same thing was said when it was imposed. Get used to it

Remove this Banner Ad

Back