List Mgmt. Do we go all in for Jack?

Do we go all in for Jack?

• Yes - Once in a lifetime player, what ever it takes.

Votes: 22 27.8%
  • No - Too many other good SA kids we could load up with.

Votes: 42 53.2%
  • Meh - I have full trust in Reid to do the right thing.

Votes: 15 19.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

The below could see all clubs come out with what they want (assuming GC get pick 3 for Lynch leaving & Bris finish higher than St Kilda). Total draft index points are in brackets.

Adel ins: Picks 1 & 4 (5034)
outs: McGovern (valued at pick 7), Picks 9, 14 & 20 (5182)

Freo ins: McGovern, Picks 9 & 33 (3676)
outs: Cerra (valued at Pick 4) & Pick 7 (3678)

St Kilda in: Cerra (2034)
out: Pick 4 (2034)

Carl ins: Picks 7, 14 & 20 (3717)
outs: Picks 1 & 33 (3563)

We grab Lukosius & Rankine, Gov gets to go home and possibly play with his Brother, Cerra gets back to Vic and Carlton get a chance to trade for some Victorians in the 24-27 year old age bracket with 3 picks inside the top 20. Thoughts?

The below could see all clubs come out with what they want (assuming GC get pick 3 for Lynch leaving & Bris finish higher than St Kilda). Total draft index points are in brackets.

We grab Lukosius & Rankine, Gov gets to go home and possibly play with his Brother, Cerra gets back to Vic and Carlton get a chance to trade for some Victorians in the 24-27 year old age bracket with 3 picks inside the top 20. Thoughts?
Its slightly confusing but if I can see Pick 1 and 4 in Adelaides box then sure it feels ok.

The Brisbane case seems to show that when there is another club with the currency and motivation to deal for a top pick, it happens. In 2016, GWS got pick 3 from the Freo/McCarty trade and (presumably) were keen on a top pick for Taranto Bris got pick 3 & 16 from GWS for pick 2 + sweeteners.

Then in 2017, there was Saints had pick 7 & 8 and chose to use them perhaps as a rebuilding club they needed the extra bodies so there were no other clubs with the currency to trade with Bris.

Bombers... nobody wants to deal with Dodoro :rolleyes:

So this year AFC have the currency and motivation to maybe make the deal happen with Carlton.

That looks pretty good. I think Fremantle possibly come out a bit behind by effectively trading Cerra for picks 9 and 33 so I would leave out pick 7 all together an send pick 9 straight to Carlton. I wonder what Freo, Carlton and St Kilda fans think.

Roos thinks Carlton should trade us pick #1 for picks #8 & #13 + Gallucci.

Too much imo.

Would prefer we try & move up pick #8 to grab Rankine as won't cost us as much.
8 and 13 alone is overs. Adding in Gallucci is just idiotic, esp given his speed is much needed in our midfield and giving up those pick means we also have no hope of getting Rankine. Has Roos ever suggesting anything good for the Crows?

tenor.gif

With Darcy Moore possibly staying at the pies Sydney will be keen for another KPP. We give them gov. In return they send hannebery to Carlton and we send pic 8 to Carlton as well and we get pick 1. Obviously there will be some trading of later picks to sweeten deals but I feel this could satisfy all parties. Carlton get an experienced midfeilder to help cripps while still staying in the top 10 of the draft. Sydney get another scoring option other then buddy and we get out hands on pick 1.

My next move would be to then trade pick 1 and 12 and next years first to the suns for 2 and 3. This could certainly land us Rankine and lukosius.

hi guys I would suggest depending where Brisbane finish could end up pick 2 - 6 and guessing walsh may be gone ( unfortunately ) they would go best available most likely Rankine ! no way I can see the crows get both the SA boys. but you never know !!

hi guys I would suggest depending where Brisbane finish could end up pick 2 - 6 and guessing walsh may be gone ( unfortunately ) they would go best available most likely Rankine ! no way I can see the crows get both the SA boys. but you never know !!
If Brisbane were to take Rankine you would be getting a dead set superstar. But the skuttlebutt around here is he's got no interest of leaving SA even for one of the big Victorian Clubs. So would be a flight risk certainty IMO.

Plus I thought you're young MID group was relatively strong? Would have thought your KPP's was the priority in this years draft. Hipwood cant shoulder it all on his own!

If Brisbane were to take Rankine you would be getting a dead set superstar. But the skuttlebutt around here is he's got no interest of leaving SA even for one of the big Victorian Clubs. So would be a flight risk certainty IMO.

Plus I thought you're young MID group was relatively strong? Would have thought your KPP's was the priority in this years draft. Hipwood cant shoulder it all on his own!
yep its a hard one , we are developing well and our strategy is too always draft the best available player first pick . don't think any club will shy off with the flight risk threat , most will back themselves to get the kid happy to stay. personaly I see rankine going very early maybe even pick 1 and any of the first round are super special. the final order is the talking point and how much you boys are willing to pay to get inside the top 3 picks I guess. but you are not alone many clubs will try it on to get access to the cream also ! bet port would like to get hold of the SA boys too

yep its a hard one , we are developing well and our strategy is too always draft the best available player first pick . don't think any club will shy off with the flight risk threat , most will back themselves to get the kid happy to stay. personaly I see rankine going very early maybe even pick 1 and any of the first round are super special. the final order is the talking point and how much you boys are willing to pay to get inside the top 3 picks I guess. but you are not alone many clubs will try it on to get access to the cream also ! bet port would like to get hold of the SA boys too

I dont think you have to worry about anything mate. Look at your drafting in the last couple of years. Hit, hit, hit, hit. Your list management is smashing it. Whatever your club decides to do, you can rest assured that you should back them in to the hilt. Whether that is Rankine, or trading for players, or trading for a different set of picks. Nothing to worry about. Just get excited.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you take a look around our threads you'll see we are completely split on just that topic. Some are willing to move heaven and earth for Luko or Rankine (or both in some cases) whereas others want to stay put and get several guys. I would personally like Rankine in the pick 3-5 territory, which would likely leave us with another pick in the top 20. But you may be right, his carnival might have completely smoked that dream out!

Think your recruiting teams best move would be to wait for a desperate team to move up and squeeze them for the Godfather deal. It may well end up being us!

Isn't the sweet mix of a strong draft, strong SA top end talent (4 or 5 maybe more), and our strong hand (3 top twenty picks guaranteed) assuring no swap for No 1? Other years I get it, but this year is a once in a decade or more chance to get three plus top line SA players into the core of the next premiership team to go with Fog and McPherson from last year.

That could be five or so in two years which is what successful teams are built upon. Luko would be great, don't get me wrong, but no, we don't go all in given the above.

Isn't the sweet mix of a strong draft, strong SA top end talent (4 or 5 maybe more), and our strong hand (3 top twenty picks guaranteed) assuring no swap for No 1? Other years I get it, but this year is a once in a decade or more chance to get three plus top line SA players into the core of the next premiership team to go with Fog and McPherson from last year.

That could be five or so in two years which is what successful teams are built upon. Luko would be great, don't get me wrong, but no, we don't go all in given the above.
As days turn to weeks turn to months. I'm getting more and more resigned to the fact the Luko will be in another uniform next year. Rankine though I think is very much in play. And that to me is exciting enough! If we could manipulate our picks to get Rankine and then Rozzee in the late 1st, i'd be doing backflips!

As days turn to weeks turn to months. I'm getting more and more resigned to the fact the Luko will be in another uniform next year. Rankine though I think is very much in play. And that to me is exciting enough! If we could manipulate our picks to get Rankine and then Rozzee in the late 1st, i'd be doing backflips!
Yeah, Luko to Carlton then we get him back as a Cat C rookie in a few years.

I like it but I’d prefer to keep pick 9 or 14 and use our 2019 first round pick instead.

Carlton doesn’t have pick 33.

Yeah, Luko to Carlton then we get him back as a Cat C rookie in a few years.
Thats the dream!

Also, challenge for the cast tonight, do you think you can slip in 5 donkey related references without the other casters noticing? If anyone can do it it would have to be you!

Just a bit of inspiration to get the mind ticking over.
http://www.wiseoldsayings.com/donkey-quotes/

8 and 13 alone is overs. Adding in Gallucci is just idiotic, esp given his speed is much needed in our midfield and giving up those pick means we also have no hope of getting Rankine. Has Roos ever suggesting anything good for the Crows?
Not that I can think of...

Really want Lukosius but after Silvagni crap last 2 years re Gibbs and watching him on Footy Classified last night, what a arrogant SOB he is and rather club not waste time with him and load up open other high picks and rip Jack off them 2 years later as they keep fighting for wooden spoon.

Back