Votes: 110 83.3%
  • No

Votes: 13 9.8%
  • Maybe

Votes: 9 6.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah and i hope it happens. But you said our superb game plan got us to those 2 finals when in fact it did not. Only when he was told to change it we went on a roll and even when we kept winning he changed it back in the finals to his play style which like you said we were not good enough to execute in finals so why revert to that when our free flowing play style got us there in the first place.
The thing is RT we were never skilled enough to play his playing style yet he kept persisting in it even to this year when we were so crap club came out and said this playing style isn't on as the game has moved on and we were caught under prepared.
As you say we recruited the 2 mids is that so we can execute his awesome game plan when the club has admitted it don't stack up?

You keep saying this like it is a fact.

Told by who? Dan? Benny? Peggy?

It's what shits me most about the Hardwick bashers. Anything that is positive is caused by someone else and all the cockups are totally his to own.
Watch this year...Balme, Caracella, Leppitsch. It's already started.

It's what shits me most about the Hardwick bashers. Anything that is positive is caused by someone else and all the cockups are totally his to own.
Fact is Gale told him to let the players loose in 14 but don't get the facts just so you can bash the bashers as you call us. To be frank im sick and tired of you none bashers so much so i just want to bash you all.
Ps was told to provide facts about GAle and when i did they all shut up now you bring it up because your clueless and just want to bash ffs.

itll happen next year as well

If we have a good year itll be because of Balme/caracella
if we have a bad year itll be because of Hardwick lol

Fact is Gale told him to let the players loose in 14 but don't get the facts just so you can bash the bashers as you call us. To be frank im sick and tired of you none bashers so much so i just want to bash you all.
Ps was told to provide facts about GAle and when i did they all shut up now you bring it up because your clueless and just want to bash ffs.
You want to bash people now?
You need a good lay down.

I'll ignore the tanty, but show me evidence of this fact and I'll humbly apologise.

Utter pile of apologist crap. Clubs have bottomed out and rebuilt and even won flags in the time it's taken us to peak at 7th with no finals wins! Our list has so many holes after 7 years it's pathetic, that comes down to list management, recruiting and the feedback on players from the coaches. Results speak louder than words, and we have nothing to indicate that our club is a competently run organization. You might be happy with the mediocrity this club dishes up but the rest of us can look around the rest of the competition and wonder what the **** is going on down at the RFC?
Name another club that was coming off if 2 finals appearances in 30+ years that bottomed out and rebuilt while we were rebuilding. Most of the clubs that have done that were coming off successful periods where they were regularly playing finals and had the basis of a competitive list. When Hardwick arrived the list featured no more than 3-4 players who had played finals footy and iirc only 1 that had actually played a final for us.

Yet we're supposed to have rebuilt better than them despite the first 2 years of our rebuild having had 24 players cherry picked by GC & GWS plus all the early picks they were given, so instead of getting the players ranked 5th-6th best in the drafts we were getting players who were the 30-50th best players in those years at our first pick as well as subsequent picks being pushed back.

Despite this we were still able to get to 3 straight finals series even though we're coached by someone who some believe can't coach. We've also realised that our list wasn't good enough and have undertaken a rejuvenation of the list, moving on some of those who haven't delivered and also letting a couple others go to improve our draft position over the next 2 drafts.

Then there has been an overhaul of the coaching panel with the experienced Carracella & Leppitsch coming in and the highly regarded Clarke. So in one off season we've had a big change come through the club in an attempt to get back to being a finals side and hopefully a genuine flag chance, but I guess that's just not good enough for some.

Wow just wow

I tend to look at success under Hardwick. He took us to be middle of the road rather than bottom. I hardly look at this as positive. Yes, three finals performances but not with a single victory.
In the end, he is the head coach and is thus responsible for the teams performance - the buck stops with him.

Despite what you think, I wish him all the best this year. I want to see us win a premiership. Just because I don't think he can deliver one/he is not the man, doesn't mean I don't want him to succeed. I do hope the coaching changes and recruiting help us get success. Just because I refuse to look at everything with rose coloured glasses doesn't mean I don't want us to get the ultimate prize.

I tend to look at success under Hardwick. He took us to be middle of the road rather than bottom. I hardly look at this as positive. Yes, three finals performances but not with a single victory.
In the end, he is the head coach and is thus responsible for the teams performance - the buck stops with him.

Despite what you think, I wish him all the best this year. I want to see us win a premiership. Just because I don't think he can deliver one/he is not the man, doesn't mean I don't want him to succeed. I do hope the coaching changes and recruiting help us get success. Just because I refuse to look at everything with rose coloured glasses doesn't mean I don't want us to get the ultimate prize.
That's a good post. I sit somewhere in the middle but I think what you say can also be applied the other way in that those accused of wearing rose coloured gasses or the old accept mediocrity line can actually see the bad things too but just either don't beat themselves up over it, or would just rather look at positives.
Neither way is right or wrong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm talking about on field.
The most ridiculous thing I ever read is when somebody tells another supporter they are accepting mediocrity.
If you don't like the coach how the **** are you going to get rid of him?
We have been the most irate supporter group for over 30 years due to being rubbish. How much effect has that had?
We could get fair dinkum instead of being some try hard Internet tough guys and all cancel our memberships and not go to games but would that help us? Of course not.
So basically it's being said that a supporter who types angry words is a better supporter than one who doesn't see the point in doing so.
If you actually step back and look at it you'll see how ridiculous it is.
Yeah and they listened hence we got the name coach changers. This group came in to change that and boy or boy haven't they! So much so by not bothering about us hence calling us vocal minority.

Only the bashers of us bashers get it dude.
I thought Richmond bigfooty was going to have our very own UFC tournament at our first H&A game next year for a minute!

Yeah and they listened hence we got the name coach changers. This group came in to change that and boy or boy haven't they! So much so by not bothering about us hence calling us vocal minority.
Angry typing on bigfooty got the assistant coaches sacked?

No not BF we are only puppets all the other supporters you forget the manure the microwave memberships so on?
Believe me they don't care about that stuff. And on field results deemed change necessary not people jumping up and down.

Name another club that was coming off if 2 finals appearances in 30+ years that bottomed out and rebuilt while we were rebuilding. Most of the clubs that have done that were coming off successful periods where they were regularly playing finals and had the basis of a competitive list. When Hardwick arrived the list featured no more than 3-4 players who had played finals footy and iirc only 1 that had actually played a final for us.
:drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk::thumbsu:

Your right I can't name a club so wildly unsuccessful. When I look around the league, no record comes close to stacking up against ours. Your so one eyed it's a waste of time debating with you sometimes.

These underperforming coaches that needed moving on you were a fan of this season, same with Vickery. Now that they've been moved on all of a sudden the club is pulling all the right strings.

Believe me they don't care about that stuff. And on field results deemed change necessary not people jumping up and down.
Yeah this group has proven themselves thats why we have gone back to the dark old days like this season proved. Anyway i hope balmey can get us out of this mess. I only wish they just bring back more rfc people back to the club.

Yeah this group has proven themselves thats why we have gone back to the dark old days like this season proved. Anyway i hope balmey can get us out of this mess. I only wish they just bring back more rfc people back to the club.
I'm not really sure what you mean but never mind.

:drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk::thumbsu:

Your right I can't name a club so wildly unsuccessful. When I look around the league, no record comes close to stacking up against ours. Your so one eyed it's a waste of time debating with you sometimes.

These underperforming coaches that needed moving on you were a fan of this season, same with Vickery. Now that they've been moved on all of a sudden the club is pulling all the right strings.
So no other club has been as unsuccessful as us over the last 30 odd years and yet we're supposed to go from basket case to premiership contenders in an era of unprecedented expansion. Talk about expecting miracles.

I was a fan of Chocco like most on here, wasn't a big fan of Lade or the other Williams and thought Smith was reasonable, while I've disliked Vickery for about 4 years now despite arguing as to why he kept his spot in the team. See there is a difference between being a fan of players/coaches and understanding why certain players/coaches are kept on. Sometimes there just isn't a better alternative available no matter how much the fans want one to be.

So no other club has been as unsuccessful as us over the last 30 odd years and yet we're supposed to go from basket case to premiership contenders in an era of unprecedented expansion. Talk about expecting miracles.

I was a fan of Chocco like most on here, wasn't a big fan of Lade or the other Williams and thought Smith was reasonable, while I've disliked Vickery for about 4 years now despite arguing as to why he kept his spot in the team. See there is a difference between being a fan of players/coaches and understanding why certain players/coaches are kept on. Sometimes there just isn't a better alternative available no matter how much the fans want one to be.

Western Bulldogs did it. No?

Western Bulldogs did it. No?
Not if you consider the amount of finals footy they have played in the last 10 years, for example, i think is what he is saying.

Back