Votes: 110 83.3%
  • No

Votes: 13 9.8%
  • Maybe

Votes: 9 6.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Not if you consider the amount of finals footy they have played in the last 10 years, for example, i think is what he is saying.

What does that matter? They've played more so finished higher up the ladder and had worse draft picks than us on an aggregate basis

So even with the benefit of having better draft picks we've still under performed on a comparative basis

What does that matter? They've played more so finished higher up the ladder and had worse draft picks than us on an aggregate basis

So even with the benefit of having better draft picks we've still under performed on a comparative basis - I don't disagree

It might depend on your definition of a basket case, but if you take the Dogs' finals appearances into account they certainly haven't been one, at least no where near the scale of which RFC has been over the last 36yrs. So we have always been coming from a lot further back than the other teams. That's what i think he was trying to say anyways.

Why we have the inability to create a consistently well performing team has me stuffed.

Western Bulldogs did it. No?
You mean the Dogs side that played 3 straight preliminary finals between 2008-2010 after finishing 3rd twice and 4th once. That's the same amount of finals in 3 seasons that we've played since 1982.

Unless you have a solid foundation to build off you don't rebound very quickly.

You mean the Dogs side that played 3 straight preliminary finals between 2008-2010 after finishing 3rd twice and 4th once. That's the same amount of finals in 3 seasons that we've played since 1982.

Unless you have a solid foundation to build off you don't rebound very quickly.
Overall what he was saying was over the last 30 years they have been heaps more successful than us.
Similar to us rattling tins but had more success.

Local businesses rallied, raffles were held, tins were rattled, and Footscray survived. The club was too important to the suburb not to.

On the field, though, they’ve continued to break supporters’ hearts.

They’ve lost seven preliminary finals since 1985.

You could say they’re due.

It might depend on your definition of a basket case, but if you take the Dogs' finals appearances into account they certainly haven't been one, at least no where near the scale of which RFC has been over the last 36yrs. So we have always been coming from a lot further back than the other teams. That's what i think he was trying to say anyways.

Why we have the inability to create a consistently well performing team has me stuffed.
We havent had that since the days of Tommy Hafey back in the 70's even after our last flag we backed up by missing the finals.
A curse is the only scientific answer I can think of.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe they've hidden him and are just hoping everyone forgets who he is and moves on?

In the states on a study tour then having a break in New York with the missus. Back on deck tomorrow I think

In the states on a study tour then having a break in New York with the missus. Back on deck tomorrow I think
I'm hoping he had a frontal lobotomy while he was over there. It might disinhibit him so he can coach more freely.
I hope his new assistants give him some good ideas anyway.

With a successful recruiting, trade and draft period. Hardwick's got one last roll of the dice to get it done. If we've proven that we can make finals and be successful in them, Keep him. If we don't make finals, or make them and lose another EF- thank him for the years of service (publicly), then stamp his papers and tell Essendon they can have him back (privately).

Back