Doedee v Stephenson for Rising Star

Who should win the RS

• Doedee

Votes: 43 33.1%
  • Stephenson

Votes: 87 66.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Those big hauls were also in games both under 10 points. Adds much needed pace and pressure to a slow Sydney side. No doubt both will be exceptional players but Ronke will be a superstar. Just so quick, and his defensive pressure is what is outstanding
Again, Ronke is 2 years older, but what ever rocks your boat.

Edit, Ole Franky boy misread the ages, Ronke is just over 1 year older.

Last edited:
When Hogan won it, 3AW rolled with "some players are just destined for greatness". I feel the same about Stephenson, its hard not to see him becoming one of the best 20 or so in the game. He'll probably have a slight dip when teams put more time into him as a threat, but he's good enough to rise above that. Reminds me of Ryan O'Keefe, and he was top 10 for a couple of years.

When Hogan won it, 3AW rolled with "some players are just destined for greatness". I feel the same about Stephenson, its hard not to see him becoming one of the best 20 or so in the game. He'll probably have a slight dip when teams put more time into him as a threat, but he's good enough to rise above that. Reminds me of Ryan O'Keefe, and he was top 10 for a couple of years.
He is already getting attention and time put into him. Dees had one of the best small defenders in the game, if not best, on him on QB. Stephenson finished with 4.3.

He has regularly played one out in the goal square this season too.

Exciting young player, look forward to seeing after a few seasons in the system.

Witherden still in contention

DiofBcBVAAAYNDY.jpg

It kinda did for Heppell/Shuey tbf.

Probably the only real case though.
That was more first year bias. In close cases they generally favour the first year player rather than second or third.

For that reason I think Stephenson will win from Doedee and Ronke.

In first year players, I'm looking for things that excite me long term, so week to week consistency is not as important to me as potential ceiling.
Ronke has two match winning hauls of 7 and 5 goals already, and it's not just the amount of goals, it's the quality of those goals. Ronke is every bit as exciting as Stephenson for the future. I could see Ronke becoming what Shaun Higgins could have been if injuries didn't stall him during his 20s.

If I had to take one over the other, I'd draft Ronke based only on what I've seen so far.
Ronke's skillset is nowhere near Higgins

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That’s your best?

Big accolades for the kid when week in, week out, we see the opposition’s best defender regularly goes to him.

Shows how dangerously they view him.

Mind you, he didn’t struggle too much against some of the potential AA defenders.

Stephenson IMO.

Its harder to beat people than to stop them.

He may have not been as consistent as others but his impact was huge.

Back