Does Dangerfield exaggerate injuries?

Remove this Banner Ad

Does enjoy the theatrics.

The reaction from the Cats and his own little performance at the presser only show that Cornes's comments touched a nerve I think.

It was enough to force Scott to invent an injury for him.

Broken ribs means a trip to hospital to be sure a lung hasnt been punctured, and weeks of laboured breathing. Maybe he had a cracked rib which was shown in a scan or maybe he had sore ribs.

But he did not have "broken ribs".

Told to stop being an attention seeker. You say that like it is fact. Cornes never played with Dangerfield. He could be making it up or misinterpreted through Chinese whispers. Dangerfield called Cornes statement completely false and said it never happened. Who are we to believe. The guy who wasn't even there? That doesn't pass through the fact filter.

You also can't pass it as fact it didn't happen because Danger denied it. I don't understand why Cornes would completely make it up

Broken ribs means a trip to hospital to be sure a lung hasnt been punctured, and weeks of laboured breathing. Maybe he had a cracked rib which was shown in a scan or maybe he had sore ribs.

Hang on, apparently Hodgey played a Grand Final a week after breaking ribs and puncturing lungs and coughing up blood!

Thanks for the professional opinion Doc.

However, a cracked rib is a broken rib. Read the first sentence: http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/broken-ribs/home/ovc-20169623

True footy fans hate fakes. Exhibit A -lloyd. Exibit B - Selwood. Exhibit C- Paddy making a name for himself with vigour. Starting to throw in 1 too many dives now too which eventually will have even the more 'slow' footy fans such as yourself catching on in due course.

Hate Selwood all you want but the fact the you think he's 'fake' for some unknown bloody reason, defying the consensus of every player in the comp, basically puts your credibility at sub-Capper levels.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Slightly atypical valetudinarian in that his attention seeking recovery is usually very public.
Many, like my good self, tend to complain with a grizzly face to whoever is closest or might listen whenever someone weighing maybe 100kg at the office slams me in the kidneys after taking a long run up.
Really, there is no excuse for it.

Haha, like I said if you didn't enjoy Dangerfield's game it's your problem and you have my sympathy.
Ps. It's just a pity roughy feels so desperate that he has to try and get him every game isn't it?( broke his ribs last time-didn't stop him though-he is tough hey) Was Selwood your players went after for years because he was too good, now it's our current best player.
Such a dirty team you have there pelchy!
Wow bigfooty-sure is becoming the home of the sad sacks isn't it? And so many in the brown and yellow colours. Weird.
Another weak cats fan, look in your own backyard before using the word 'dirty'.

FFS mate if Danger cant handle a hip and shoulder maybe he should sleep in your bed so you can protect him. He could give away footy and audition for Home and away. Those acting skills would get the man a Logie.

Another weak cats fan, look in your own backyard before using the word 'dirty'.

FFS mate if Danger cant handle a hip and shoulder maybe he should sleep in your bed so you can protect him. He could give away footy and audition for Home and away. Those acting skills would get the man a Logie.
Lols -danger responded by just letting his footy do the talking. Tough enough I guess! Don't be so sad about it -it was great to watch wasn't it.

The sad thing is Geelong fans wont admit it's true.

Many crows fans determined Danger exaggerated his injuries years ago.
Hasnt just stopped now he's changed team.
When he played for your mob he was known with affection and derision as 'wincey' on our board. What you say is true.
Sure he's a grandstanding prima donna but he can also back it up. His disposal used to be comical but he's tidied that up.
Hardly the shy and retiring type he has once again grabbed the spotlight. Paddy was never backwards in coming forward.
He plays the camera and microphone 'game' for what it is ... a game. Harmless and in a way likeable his theatrics are just that ... theatre.

The sad thing is Geelong fans wont admit it's true.

Many crows fans determined Danger exaggerated his injuries years ago.
Hasnt just stopped now he's changed team.

I just wouldn't presume to judge severity of an injury or the appropriate bodily response through a TV screen.

Wouldn't be caught dead in a thread about another team's player wit the same theme either, it's quite pathetic.

Broken ribs sent Jenkins to hospital for a while, Dangerfield played out the game and didn't miss any following weeks. Bone bruising has kept O'Meara out for almost 15 weeks, Dangerfield goes to full forward and puts on one of the best performances of the year, and will do all he can to be right off a 6 day break. I think maybe opposition fans should go back to criticizing his wonky kicking, because they are pretty far off the mark in this instance. :)

You also can't pass it as fact it didn't happen because Danger denied it. I don't understand why Cornes would completely make it up

Because (ironically) things get exaggerated. If I have a mate who played a few games for Adelaide when Dangerfield was there (and neither are still with the Crows) and he has a few snide remarks to make about Dangerfield's reactions to copping a hit during a game, then he follows that up with "I'm not the only one who thought that either", if I'm in the media, it's not a huge stretch for me to exaggerate that to "the leadership group had to sit him down..." to give the story a bit of extra oomph. When did this sit down with Dangerfield happen? Was there any noticeable change in his behaviour at all?

I'll give you an example: a recently retired player who started his career with Adelaide in the mid-2000s had a hot run of form early in his career and the perception was that he getting a bit pleased with himself. So, the story goes that the team was at someone's house for a party and this player couldn't find his shoes anywhere when it was time to go. A couple of the Crows superstars from that era had thrown them in the freezer, as a message to 'cool his heels'.

Another one I heard was a young Ben Hart (he must have been 23-24) getting up in the middle of the celebration party after one of the Crows' Premierships, taking the microphone and telling the adoring, jubilant fans that he wanted them to all put their car keys away, because the players would be devastated to find out that someone had not made it home after drink driving back from the party.

Now, if someone asked me how I know those stories are true, I'd have to reply "I don't", or lie. How do I know that less glamorous players were involved and the stories have just been embellished? I have never met any of the people involved, so I wouldn't really have a clue. Like countless urban legends that we've heard about sports stars and celebrities. But if it's a good story, it sounds like it could be true, why not run with it? It feels good to have the inside knowledge. Why would someone make up the King/Ottens story, or the Jon Dorotich story, or the Atkins brothers story, or the Jennifer Keyte story? Why not?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back