Unofficial Preview Dogs vs GWS - Canberra Oval [28/4 @ 7:50PM]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest I want Greene in their team this week. Either we work hard and get the win against their best side or we don't and the boys get a wake up call to the average form we've had lately
Plus we have a clearance to headbutt him now!

Greene was cleared, shame, but good for my fantasy football. Although wouldn't mind him not scoring for this week.
Williams in for Biggs for me. Biggs needs some time in the two's practicing how to kick. Turns the ball over way to much atm.
Mind you JJ and Hunter could do with a few kicking skill lessons also. But obviously they don't need to be dropped.
I get the Jong calls on his errors at times too. But I wouldn't drop him. Guys got huge heart and gives 110% each week.
He'll only get better as he has shown. More consistent hopefully.

Little bit of local knowledge dogwatch. What are handling conditions like for a late April, near enough to 8pm start in your neck of the woods. I'm guessing it will be cold. Is dew, slippery ball much of a factor?

Little bit of local knowledge dogwatch. What are handling conditions like for a late April, near enough to 8pm start in your neck of the woods. I'm guessing it will be cold. Is dew, slippery ball much of a factor?
No, handling conditions should be excellent.
Weather lately has been like early spring (without the winds). Mostly dry, low humidity, days in the low 20s, evenings in the mid-teens. Dew is unlikely. There will be about 10-20mm of rain over the next couple of days (mainly tomorrow) but Thurs & Fri should be dry but a bit cooler, so the ground should be in good condition for footy.

Don't think that we need to bring another back flanker in for Biggs, I think we need another number up forward or around the ball, especially with Adams playing back. Though Murph was a lot better up forward than he was down back so I think he starts up forward again.

I'm not so concerned that Daniel didn't dominate the VFL, I think that we have one to many half-back flankers in the team and Biggs' form gives us an out in that regard. Honeychurch could be another to consider.

In: Daniel
Out: Biggs

Was initially thinking Williams in for Biggs but I can get around this thinking as well. Either way, Biggs needs to find some form in the 2s.

And looking forward to having a few brews on the hill for this one. Great place to watch footy.

Does anyone have the stats for GWS performances in Canberra as opposed to Spotless?

Giants at Spotless: played 39 won 18 lost 21 (won 7 of the last 10)
Giants at Manuka: played 16 won 7 lost 9 (won 6 of the last 7)

Dogs at Manuka: played 9 won 7 (inc. 3 against us) lost 2
Dogs at Spotless: played 2 won the important one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This season is currently hard to gauge, but this is my take on the match.

GWS aren't these unbeatables and write ins for the Grand Final that so many people are suggesting. They've also had similar problems (to a lesser extent) to us this season with poor first halves, great second halves. Whilst they weren't down by five or six goals like us in parts of their games (besides round one) they haven't played their best footy in the first half. If we can finally put together 4 quarters of footy, which I feel we're getting closer to doing, and take our opportunities, we're capable of victory that'd well and truly get our season off the ground.

I feel either side could be down by four or five goals at a point in the game, but also feel it'll be a kick in it by the final siren.

No, handling conditions should be excellent.
Weather lately has been like early spring (without the winds). Mostly dry, low humidity, days in the low 20s, evenings in the mid-teens. Dew is unlikely. There will be about 10-20mm of rain over the next couple of days (mainly tomorrow) but Thurs & Fri should be dry but a bit cooler, so the ground should be in good condition for footy.
And which direction will the wind be travelling and at what speed? :p

Gotta bring in Williams after his 2 BOG's in the VFL. I don't care if it's for Biggs, Moyd or Suckling(they've all been average). Just bring the kid in.

Libba also better perform this week because he has been deadset average and Webb's also banging down the door for his position. But I have faith that slack nang will come good.

Boyd looks hopeless as a forward at the moment because he is buggered from playing ruck so much. He needs to continue to build a tank. Had he been a mainstay forward all these years he'd be fast becoming the power forward we always wanted. Unfortunately or fortunately the game doesn't rely on power forwards as much anymore. It's about mobility and adaptability. And Boyd playing large time in the ruck gives us that. Large reason we won the flag. Thanks Bevo.

and the reason why we may not have any changes unless due to an injury. have faith. the guys @#@# scared of us are GWS not us. we beat them not the other way around.

Really???

If you can't see that Supermans greatest distraction is the hanging curl of hair against Clark Kents swept to one side no curl hanging haircut then I can't help you.

You accused me of ruining the Iong thread with my constant baghing him. Maybe go have a look how many posts I have made in the thread and then come apologise. How many are negative and not by me. How after every game he apprbeyapparently plays well his tread is bumped but today? No bump. How a thread about a very very ordinary footballer in the biggest one player tread by A mile on the main page. AND IM NOT A SINGLE PART OF IT.

So perhaps open your eyes and stop blaming me for every comment about the potato Coz I'm sick to death of it also.
Ok, we get your point. But you know what for the past 5 weeks this season you wanted Jong out and each and every time you are WWWWWRRRRRROOOOOOONNNNNNNNGGGGGGG!!!! JONG PLAYS because bevo has trust in his ability. No changes for me unless there is an injury. Hope to god no injuries. GO DOGS!!!!

Ok, we get your point. But you know what for the past 5 weeks this season you wanted Jong out and each and every time you are WWWWWRRRRRROOOOOOONNNNNNNNGGGGGGG!!!! JONG PLAYS because bevo has trust in his ability. No changes for me unless there is an injury. Hope to god no injuries. GO DOGS!!!!

Sorry I haven't said Jong deserves to be dropped on form and because I state some players need to go that isn't only Jong. And in case you missed it I'm not the only one saying it.

Why am I wrong?????????? Prove I am

We are playing miles worse than last year but somehow the unmentionable player has no part of that lol wow.

The second Wallis is back and we get our best 22 on the field ie Dickson Rough Crameri or close to it then come chat to me about who is playing well and who isn't

And which direction will the wind be travelling and at what speed? :p
Dunno about the wind but I just checked the forecast for Friday. Max 16 degrees (day time) and will get down to zero overnight, so for anyone coming up bring your scarves and beanies!

Sorry I haven't said Jong deserves to be dropped on form and because I state some players need to go that isn't only Jong. And in case you missed it I'm not the only one saying it.

Why am I wrong?????????? Prove I am

We are playing miles worse than last year but somehow the unmentionable player has no part of that lol wow.

The second Wallis is back and we get our best 22 on the field ie Dickson Rough Crameri or close to it then come chat to me about who is playing well and who isn't

All of what you say Monsieur MD in regards to Jong being dropped is total conjecture. But then again, I guess that a broken clock is always right twice a day. I am happy to concede that feeble point of yours about predicting Jong's demise. It has been a long boring year for you, at the very least of incorrect predictions and wishful thinking on Jong's form. My point remains, a broken clock is not a reliable tool, while Jong continues to improve, week by week, little by little. So Jong gets selected this week again, because Bevo has a role for him, and at the end of the day in Bevo I trust, because he does have a reliable modern day clock! I hope you get the metaphor. Oh and by the way you are WRONG about Jong being a spud.

OUT: Suckling (injured - if not, give him a rest anyway)
IN: Williams - kid has definitely earned it.

I'd leave Biggs in the side for now. Give him another week to recapture some form.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back