Phantom Draft don patch sword's 2016 Phantom Draft V2(With Player Profiles)

Who is stiff not to make the list?

• Jake Pitman

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • Declan Watson

Votes: 14 19.7%
  • Ben Long

Votes: 10 14.1%
  • Jamie Hampton

Votes: 10 14.1%
  • Callum Brown

Votes: 15 21.1%
  • Jarrod Korehwa

Votes: 6 8.5%
  • Mitch McCarthy

Votes: 6 8.5%
  • Ryan Garthwaite

Votes: 5 7.0%
  • Kim LeBois

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Quinton Narkle

Votes: 15 21.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

G'day don patch sword, if Essendon had Pick 26 from Melbourne in this draft, who would you have them taking?

Last edited:

G'day don patch sword, if Essendon had Pick 26 from Melbourne in this draft, who would you have them taking?
Tough one it depends on what we get earlier on if hope Simpkin is available he is a better version of Colyer, we may go for Kerr if a talk doesn't slid to 19. Clarke would be good value if we need an inside mid. Honestly there are about 10-15 players I'd like at that pick this year is very even for talent.

Hard to understand the under-rating of Macreadie on this board, most of the academy kids had average champs games but few are slipping in peoples rankings as much as him. Has played for our Neafl side all year and will be in the GF team on the weekend and been in the clubs training set-up a year before being drafted, if he goes pick 19 our draft team will be having a big night.

Hard to understand the under-rating of Macreadie on this board, most of the academy kids had average champs games but few are slipping in peoples rankings as much as him. Has played for our Neafl side all year and will be in the GF team on the weekend and been in the clubs training set-up a year before being drafted, if he goes pick 19 our draft team will be having a big night.
I have a few queries on how he would go against AFL players i do like his athleticism and footy smarts but his body work and keeping up with forwards on the lead needs abit of work.

thanks for the insights DPS and adam9. with the way we have been going the last few years the draft and FA/trade speculation is one of the highlights of the year for us lions supporters, gives us some hope. strongly agree that we need outside class/x factor type player. i would be rapt with either of SPS, McGluggage or McGrath. maybe 2 of them if we get a PP:).
I actually have a bunch of players in the 40-60 range that are hard to pick from. There are some better mids than Guelfi that should go in the second round. See his draft range being 30-60

Given English seems physically a long way from getting ruck duties, how will this impact his draft value? Spending a high draft pick on a player who may spend years in the lower leagues, then fighting off trade offers as he starts to mature could be an issue, or Free Agency rears it's head. For sure he will be sought after by the WA clubs.

Given English seems physically a long way from getting ruck duties, how will this impact his draft value? Spending a high draft pick on a player who may spend years in the lower leagues, then fighting off trade offers as he starts to mature could be an issue, or Free Agency rears it's head. For sure he will be sought after by the WA clubs.
Cal Twomey interviewed some AFL recruiters and one of them said if they had pick 1 they would consider English there. Can't really see him not going top 10 is far too talented

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pick 7 - Carlton – Ben Ainsworth VIC

With the quality tall inside mids already gone I feel Blues will go best available and Ainsworth is just that. An explosive small forward with the potential of being the best in the comp. Elite user of the ball and call also play midfield when required.

Pick 26 - Carlton - Dylan Clarke VIC

Given we now have pick 5, I'd still like to see Carlton take Ainsworth. Feel like he's the type of player we need, if he can play a similar role to C Daniel that would be ideal for us. Composure and skill is exactly what we need in our forward half.

Second round I'd like us to take Patrick Kerr, given him family history with the club. Also, being a key forward he fits a need.

Given we now have pick 5, I'd still like to see Carlton take Ainsworth. Feel like he's the type of player we need, if he can play a similar role to C Daniel that would be ideal for us. Composure and skill is exactly what we need in our forward half.

Second round I'd like us to take Patrick Kerr, given him family history with the club. Also, being a key forward he fits a need.
Yep I planned on puting kerr in my 2nd update just for that reason. Think you couldn't go wrong with those selections and they could realty push for a senior spot early and with your teams improvement this year I expect you to push too 8.

Yep I planned on puting kerr in my 2nd update just for that reason. Think you couldn't go wrong with those selections and they could realty push for a senior spot early and with your teams improvement this year I expect you to push too 8.
I like the way you think ;)

Yeah I think Aisnworth would definitely be a day 1 starter, as long as his tank and work rate are up to scratch. Kerr may have a similar year to Silvagni or Cuningham for us, 2-7 games.

Hey man love your work, Interested with your views on Bailey Morrish seems to be raising up the boards, Lions need a genuine medium sized defender could he be an option with our 2nd round pick. Who would you pick out of Sam Walker, Witherden, Morrish or other....??

If witherden didn't get injured then I would have gone witherden but it's very close. Walker is silkier than Morrish but Morrish is a bit tougher than Walker so depends on what you want more but yeah they could be available later than that pick aswell so could get 2 of them

Might be an 18 year old but referring to someone as a pig generally distasteful

Peppa_Pig.png

An Update to the Top 50 a few changes a few going up and down aswell. Will be going to the Sunday finals between Eastern Vs Sandringham and Murray Vs Dandenong.

1. Jack Bowes -
2. Hugh McCluggage -
3. Andrew McGrath -
4. Will Brodie >1
5. Ben Ainsworth <1
6. Sam Petrevski-Seton -
7. Tim English -
8. Jy Simpkin -
9. Will Setterfield >2
10. Todd Marshall -
11. Brad Scheer >2
12. Harry Perryman -
13. Jack Scrimshaw -
14. Sam Powell-Pepper -
15. Daniel Venables -
16. Will Drew -
17. Tim Taranto -
18. Josh Battle -
19. Josh Rotham <4
20. Jordan Gallucci -
21. Jake Waterman -
22. Harrison Macreadie -
23. Kobe Mutch <3
24. Patrick Kerr <3
25. Oliver Florent -
26. Griffen Logue <11
27. Zac Fisher <2
28. Jarrod Berry -
29. Jonty Scharenberg >10
30. Shai Bolton -
31. Dylan Clarke -
32 Hamish Brayshaw <13
33. Jack Graham <3
34. Brodie Romensky >2
35. Luke Bunker >11
36. Jacob Allison >2
37. Sam Walker >2
38. Joseph Atley >5
39. Nick Larkey >1
40. Taylin Duman >1
41. Louis Pinnuck >1
42. Josh Williams >1
43. Jack Maibaum >1
44. Zac Sproule >1
45 Brennan Cox Unrated
46. Steven Slimming >2
47. Corey Lyons <3
48. Josh Daicos >2
49. Alex Witherden >2
50 Patrick Lipinski Unrated

A Few that are close are
Kayle Kirby Was 49
Jarrod Korehwa Was 47
Myles Poholke Was 48
Mason De Witt
Matt Guelfi
Jake Pittman
Ari Sakeson
Callum Brown
Lachlan Murphy
Brandon Parfitt
Jamie Hampton
Quniton Narkle
Cedric Cox
Alex Villis
Is Bowes good enough to be bid on by essendon?
Or in other words, should GCS be thinking 4 & 8 for 1 is a good deal?

Back