Don't want, (or need) to start a new thread - still want to post it though

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too old now but what carnage did they reap when younger?

Why do I have to put up with them on my property, shitting, scratching up my veg, activating my allergies?
One we got from the pound when he was 6. The other was a stray that we trapped and he decided we should be his hoomans.
If cats are causing issues sure something must be done but enough examples of cat haters out there that kill cats because they can.

From a Galaxy S8 far far away

One we got from the pound when he was 6. The other was a stray that we trapped and he decided we should be his hoomans.
If cats are causing issues sure something must be done but enough examples of cat haters out there that kill cats because they can.

From a Galaxy S8 far far away
That's not me if you read previous posts of mine, however I'm an advocate of all cats should be kept indoors or in a run.

I’ve always liked cats, especially the ‘fluffy slipper’ version who rubs up against you and sits on your lap purring. But our cat was a big aggressive hunter, who gave us hell if we kept him inside.

It just didn’t work, and in the end he was put down humanely by the vet.

So people have different cats and different cat experiences, but if they roam free in the day or night, they are a problem. They just don’t belong on this continent.

I’ve always liked cats, especially the ‘fluffy slipper’ version who rubs up against you and sits on your lap purring. But our cat was a big aggressive hunter, who gave us hell if we kept him inside.

It just didn’t work, and in the end he was put down humanely by the vet.

So people have different cats and different cat experiences, but if they roam free in the day or night, they are a problem. They just don’t belong on this continent.
I can’t think of any other pet that is allowed by its owners to roam into other properties. This attitude staggers me.

I feel like collecting all the cat poo and dumping it over my neighbors fence.

You are obsessing folks.

Cats can be fantastic.

Ask anyone in 2007, 2009, 2011 :(

Ok maybe they can't be fantastic....

But we did get them 1953 :)

I can’t think of any other pet that is allowed by its owners to roam into other properties. This attitude staggers me.

I feel like collecting all the cat poo and dumping it over my neighbors fence.

You should put it in a brown paper bag and leave it at his front door. Ring the bell, light it up and walk off. I’m pretty sure they’ll get the message after that.

Amazing all other animals eg possums birds etc all poop
But somehow cats not so much.

Most cats are lovely

Get a dog

Have you actually seen the aftermath of what dogs do to cats??? I’m not a fan of cats, other than the large variety, but I found pieces of a cat in my back yard after my dogs got their revenge on it. It wasn’t pretty, they minced the poor thing . I suppose after years of being taunted by that damned thing, my dogs had their day.

Have you actually seen the aftermath of what dogs do to cats??? I’m not a fan of cats, other than the large variety, but I found pieces of a cat in my back yard after my dogs got their revenge on it. It wasn’t pretty, they minced the poor thing . I suppose after years of being taunted by that damned thing, my dogs had their day.
Was thinking more as a deterrent than a lethal solution. My dog would probably run and hide.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s a tough life but somebody’s got to do it........

3BD301C3-705C-4E15-B84E-8D9FE14EC335.jpeg

Always room for a sweaty Horse.....Ponies on the other hand....

Bloody ponies. Will steal your booze, and your woman. Bastards.

I’ve rewatched the two seasons of The Recruit over the past few weeks. For those who haven’t seen it, a bunch of guys compete for 10 weeks to win an AFL contract. Every week someone gets delisted and eventually the finale has the final 3 and clubs vote 3-2-1 based on who they want to see win. The votes are tallied and the player with the most votes is declared the winner. The clubs then have an option to draft the player once they know who won, then the player hears a spiel from each club, and ultimately decides who they want to play for.

Anywho, season 1 was during 2014 and Johann Wagner was the winner. GCS, GWS and Port Adelaide elected to draft him and he picked Port Adelaide. Wagner was from Port Lincoln, SA, so he didn’t leave his home state. He lasted one season, didn’t debut and then got delisted.

Season 2 took place during 2016. Matty Eagles was the winner. Collingwood, Brisbane and GWS nominated to draft him but he eventually chose Brisbane. Although he too was from SA, he’d already moved to Brisbane for work and had been settled there for a while. So he also chose to stay where he was already comfortable. Currently he still hasn’t debuted, I could be wrong but from what I’ve heard around, he was close at stages throughout the year to making a debut. He didn’t get delisted at the end of 2017 and is still with Brisbane heading into 2018.

Anyway, the point I’m making is that these guys put their lives on hold to have one last crack at playing football at the top level, and it almost seems as though despite all the mental and physical challenges they faced, their actual decisions once declared the winner have been their down fall. It’s just one persons opinion, but to me it seems that by resorting to the comfort of staying in an environment they know (which I know to a lot of successful footballers is critically important) rather than moving elsewhere to continue to pursue the dream, they both might end up being complete busts. I’d be really interested to see how they would’ve fared if they moved states because none of their home state teams nominated (but obviously because it was a category B rookie spot, what have they got to lose by putting their hands up knowing they’ve been prepared by AFL standard coaches and fitness staff).

Just my two bob on that whole situation, interested to see if there will be a season 3 sometime soon.
I enjoyed watching the program when it first aired. You're likely correct especially in the case of Wagner who would have had a much better chance of playing senior footy with GC.

Given players have had successful careers after being recruited from local leagues it's also interesting that more players weren't selected via normal draft means. Off the top of my head Irish ruck prospect Lucey was the only player outside of the programs free hit that gained an AFL spot and even then he was also signed as a cat b rookie.

Beauty another Bond freak. Betcha I can quote more one liners than you - but only up to the end of Moore as Bond.

Are you sure it wasn't a '54?

Though he does agree to drinking a 59 in You Only Live Twice :)

Ps the question is never ever who is the best ever Bond, only who is the second best Bond.

Sean Connery is so far easily THE Bond!

Not all cats.
Thay all do.
No matter the amount of food on offer at home, they have an instinct to hunt.
I have five cats. Used to have six, but we went on holiday in 2015 for six weeks. Cats were housed in our vets surgery, dedicated room for them and they could roam the surgery at night, but our 21 year old was near her end.
The vet told us when we picked them up that they were very agitated the day before, she thought they knew were were coming home.
She was wrong. The old girl, 21, took one look at us, stood up and staggered towards us. We took her home, but she wouldn’t get up again. Four hours later we did the right thing.
The old girl held out until she could say goodbye.
UNCONDITIONAL LOVE.
And despite the negatives of cats, and ours roam in daylight hours, are locked inside at night, there is no better animal to “own”.
You of course never own a cat. A truism is that you own a dog, but as far as a cat is concerned, you are merely “staff”.

Thay all do.
No matter the amount of food on offer at home, they have an instinct to hunt.
I have five cats. Used to have six, but we went on holiday in 2015 for six weeks. Cats were housed in our vets surgery, dedicated room for them and they could roam the surgery at night, but our 21 year old was near her end.
The vet told us when we picked them up that they were very agitated the day before, she thought they knew were were coming home.
She was wrong. The old girl, 21, took one look at us, stood up and staggered towards us. We took her home, but she wouldn’t get up again. Four hours later we did the right thing.
The old girl held out until she could say goodbye.
UNCONDITIONAL LOVE.
And despite the negatives of cats, and ours roam in daylight hours, are locked inside at night, there is no better animal to “own”.
You of course never own a cat. A truism is that you own a dog, but as far as a cat is concerned, you are merely “staff”.
Dogs have masters

Cats have staff

Though he does agree to drinking a 59 in You Only Live Twice :)

Ps the question is never ever who is the best ever Bond, only who is the second best Bond.

Sean Connery is so far easily THE Bond!

Yes there was only one Bond - Connery naturally.

I can top that. In Diamonds are Forever - a '51 Sherry.

1851. Unmistakable!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back