Don't want, (or need) to start a new thread - still want to post it though

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the Rugby League state of origin, the broadcaster uses a fake crowd noise for each time the player runs the ball up... and it peaks when he is tackled. Evidently it's done by basically winding up the crowd audio as the player takes the ball up to the opposition and crescendos when he is tackled. This is done over and over again.

It certainly adds a bit of excitement to the rather repetitive task of continually running the ball up into the opposition.

I think that channel 7 and Fox could probably do the same with AFL, although it would need a guy on the audio who understood when to gradually increase the crowd noise level.

The AFL is always saying that it is looking overseas for ideas and I think the broadcasters could do the same

Are Collingwood saving money?

Went to watch my grand-daughter play football today at Burnside Heights (had no idea where it was) and they had an electronic scoreboard (working) and we can't have a working one at Vic Park.

Just went on to our website and nothing about our VFL team and no update on the game.

Anyone got any stats on the VFL game?
Maggie you may know but in case you don’t,

The “VFL App” is pretty handy for the basics, stats, scores etc. it’s navy blue with two VFL style symbols on the icon.

Just down load it and off you go, I discovered it recently, helps.

Ash Barty goes to number 1 female tennis player in the world

Remarkable. Only a few years ago that she took a hiatus from tennis to pursue a cricket career.
Let’s hope basketballers leaving for footy also end up number 1 as premiers.

Hannah Green
Wins USA Women's PGA Championship...:):thumbsu::australia:

View attachment 697613
Big Ups to the lady in pink who personally sponsored young Hannah when she was a youngster out of her own pocket. Karrie Webb-Australia’s 2nd best golfer in history(behind Peter Thompson)

Last edited:
Bug Ups to the lady in pink who personally sponsored young Hannah when she was a youngster out of her own pocket. Karrie Webb-Australia’s 2nd best golfer in history(behind Peter Thompson)

Karrie Webb does some amazing things re our junior female golfers,
It's a shame its not reported in the main stream media and not to mention female golf.

JS only nine matches to go.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Omfg. Talking Footy just played a highlights package of the last passage of play from the GF since they’re interviewing Adam Simpson.

I hadn’t brought myself to watch that again until now. And as it turns out they revealed both Ryan and Sheed were meant to be on the bench as per the coaches requests but ‘forgot’ to get off...

Never realised how great McGovern’s kick was, that Ryan took a proper hanger and the Sheed angle was even tighter than I remembered.

Torture to think about it, but I’m keeping my sanity by reminding myself we were under the pump for most of the end of the game and they kept kicking points...

Omfg. Talking Footy just played a highlights package of the last passage of play from the GF since they’re interviewing Adam Simpson.

I hadn’t brought myself to watch that again until now. And as it turns out they revealed both Ryan and Sheed were meant to be on the bench as per the coaches requests but ‘forgot’ to get off...

Never realised how great McGovern’s kick was, that Ryan took a proper hanger and the Sheed angle was even tighter than I remembered.

Torture to think about it, but I’m keeping my sanity by reminding myself we were under the pump for most of the end of the game and they kept kicking points...
And this is helping the therapy sessions how?

:p

What happen to that small cadre of miserables that used to come here and bag everything about this club?
They swore they were not here to cause any harm, they were only here to get Eddie, Bucks, Board Members and others out of the club for the good of the club

Don't see them here anymore, wonder why that is?

What happen to that small cadre of miserables that used to come here and bag everything about this club?
They swore they were not here to cause any harm, they were only here to get Eddie, Bucks, Board Members and others out of the club for the good of the club

Hard to say.
Considering we have a player “suspended” for drug taking.
Another suspended for betting on AFL games.
And, still no f’ing silverware!
Oh, wait......

How would you know?

giphy.gif

What was Jobe Watson doing on channel Bruce last night? Is this permanent? What criteria did the barista meet to get the gig? Surely there are less controversial figures who can hold a microphone, mumble about something I can see with my own eyes and have Bruce slobber over every 15 minutes or so

What was Jobe Watson doing on channel Bruce last night? Is this permanent? What criteria did the barista meet to get the gig? Surely there are less controversial figures who can hold a microphone, mumble about something I can see with my own eyes and have Bruce slobber over every 15 minutes or so

It's Seven.

He'll fit in nicely with Wayne "hide yo kids, hide yo wife" Carey and Brian "let's broadcast live from the toilets" Taylor.

Now now.
He’s not known to have a tenner on the game;
Just a tenner on an over priced latte with nutmeg with a sweep of cinnamon and a hint of caramel.

I'd suggest have no broadcasting skills what-so-ever fits in perfectly at Channel 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back