Don't want, (or need) to start a new thread - still want to post it though

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to game at Marvel tomorrow night and have a question...

What's the hotdog situation like at Marvel? I know and love MCG hotdogs but I am struggling to think of time when I have purchased one at Marvel.

I assume/hope they’re just the same but I thought I better ask the experts rather than be disappointed if it’s not the case.

Photos welcomed. (of hotdogs at Marvel)

Only Swanny could come up with this :p

Page 13
Dane Swan launches Go Fund Me for Las Vegas blunder
Dane Swan is the latest celeb to jump on-board the Go Fund Me bandwagon with a tongue-in-cheek plea to help the cash strapped Brownlow medallist’s cause.
Alice Coster, Herald Sun
https://www.heraldsun.com.au/entert...a/news-story/9f5a78f1cfc7b96e834ee178fa2d6e92

A sexism blow up has done nothing to dampen Dane Swan’s spirit, with the Brownlow medallist saying he’s starting a Go Fund Me page to raise $3 million for his upcoming Las Vegas bender.

Yes you read it right.

A self-proclaimed “servant to the sesh” Swanny says his last Vegas trip with ol’ mate Dustin Martin left him a little strapped for cash.

So the former Collingwood star is starting a Go Fund Me page to raise funds to cover his expenses for his upcoming trip to Sin City.

“The last three-day bender I went on put a strain on me financially. Whilst I can’t remember much of it, I was told it was pretty exy,” Swanny said in a video released by Sportsbet today.

“As Australians we are born with the right to freedom of expression,” Swanny said.

eda58af03c725f99feac84c24c055e24
AFL footballer Dane Swan is no stranger to a boozy night. Picture: Josie Hayden
“I believe it is my duty as a servant of the sesh to set the standard on the circuit through Instagram and Snapchat.

“Here I am looking to secure $3 million for my upcoming trip to Las Vegas.”

Roberta Williams last week raised $50,000 on Go Fund Me to start her own reality show, described as a mash up of Mob Wives and Keeping Up With the Kardashians.

And if Israel Folau can raise $1 million in a day for his homophobic-rant-masked-as-freedom-of-speech, then bottoms up to Swanny.

82f52887817234444c176e3aca7289dc
Swanny says his last trip with Dusty put a strain on his hip pocket. Picture: Instagram
A Go Fund Me set up in Swanny’s name appeared — then disappeared today. Unlike Folau, it seems foul-mouthed language was the reason for the takedown rather than a foul-mouthed cause.

Never far from controversy, Swanny was this week embroiled in a so-called sexism scandal after his Hump Day podcast with ex-Eagles champ Scott Cummings discussed sex acts while talking about two female podcasters.

MORE PAGE 13

Meanwhile Sportsbet says the money raised for Swanny’s bender will “cover, among other things, flights, accommodation and spending money” and any possible legal fees incurred.

Page 13 wonders what “among other things” might entail. Frankly the mind boggles.

But we may start our own sexism row if we elaborate.

And to be honest we just can’t muster the energy.

Page 13
Dane Swan is the latest celeb to jump on-board the Go Fund Me bandwagon with a tongue-in-cheek plea to help the cash strapped Brownlow medallist’s cause.
Alice Coster, Herald Sun
https://www.heraldsun.com.au/entert...a/news-story/9f5a78f1cfc7b96e834ee178fa2d6e92

A sexism blow up has done nothing to dampen Dane Swan’s spirit, with the Brownlow medallist saying he’s starting a Go Fund Me page to raise $3 million for his upcoming Las Vegas bender.

Yes you read it right.

A self-proclaimed “servant to the sesh” Swanny says his last Vegas trip with ol’ mate Dustin Martin left him a little strapped for cash.

So the former Collingwood star is starting a Go Fund Me page to raise funds to cover his expenses for his upcoming trip to Sin City.

“The last three-day bender I went on put a strain on me financially. Whilst I can’t remember much of it, I was told it was pretty exy,” Swanny said in a video released by Sportsbet today.

“As Australians we are born with the right to freedom of expression,” Swanny said.

“I believe it is my duty as a servant of the sesh to set the standard on the circuit through Instagram and Snapchat.

Roberta Williams last week raised $50,000 on Go Fund Me to start her own reality show, described as a mash up of Mob Wives and Keeping Up With the Kardashians.

And if Israel Folau can raise $1 million in a day for his homophobic-rant-masked-as-freedom-of-speech, then bottoms up to Swanny.

Swanny says his last trip with Dusty put a strain on his hip pocket. Picture: Instagram
A Go Fund Me set up in Swanny’s name appeared — then disappeared today. Unlike Folau, it seems foul-mouthed language was the reason for the takedown rather than a foul-mouthed cause.

Never far from controversy, Swanny was this week embroiled in a so-called sexism scandal after his Hump Day podcast with ex-Eagles champ Scott Cummings discussed sex acts while talking about two female podcasters.

MORE PAGE 13

Meanwhile Sportsbet says the money raised for Swanny’s bender will “cover, among other things, flights, accommodation and spending money” and any possible legal fees incurred.

Page 13 wonders what “among other things” might entail. Frankly the mind boggles.

Rumour has it that "among other things" might entail dwarves (or it might have been Human Nature), a donkey, Zach Galifianakis sourced treats, and an enormous amount of jelly.

So we see Jonathan Marsh dropped from St Kilda.
If you’re struggling at the Saints, doesn’t look promising.

Page 13
Alice Coster, Herald Sun

Yes you read it right.

MORE PAGE 13

Think you’ll find Sportsbet came up with the idea.
And while we all tut tut about the effect of gambling on our sport and the wider community, suddenly we are having a laugh about it.
Marketing 101.
Premiership to Sportsbet.

Think you’ll find Sportsbet came up with the idea.
And while we all tut tut about the effect of gambling on our sport and the wider community, suddenly we are having a laugh about it.
Marketing 101.
Premiership to Sportsbet.

I get all that mate but it wouldn’t have worked without Swan delivering the punchline.

By the way I don’t gamble so the marketing part didn’t work on me.

I get all that mate but it wouldn’t have worked without Swan delivering the punchline.

By the way I don’t gamble so the marketing part didn’t work on me.
Me also.
Never seen the attraction.
I admit to a lotto ticket or two. Pure chance though.
The sports betting people appear to use the male bravado to further their cause. The line “Back yourself” accompanied by vision of males back slapping, speaks directly to the ego.
It should be banned. Just like car adverts showing cars accelerating excessively are banned. I remember a Mazda ad banned because it showed a car going fast through the twisty bits of the great ocean road.....
There was ONE complaint about that ad.
Yet gambling ads survive...
Dunno about society in the 21st century. Skewed priorities.

Went out this morning, filled car up with petrol - $1.21. Coming home 2 hours later $1.69:eek:.

Was nearly not going to stop as there were a few cars there but since I wasn't in a hurry decided to do it. Just as well as though not a lot of money would have been peeved. Don't recall such a jump before or maybe hadn't noticed 'cause if you need it you do it.

Went out this morning, filled car up with petrol - $1.21. Coming home 2 hours later $1.69:eek:.

Was nearly not going to stop as there were a few cars there but since I wasn't in a hurry decided to do it. Just as well as though not a lot of money would have been peeved. Don't recall such a jump before or maybe hadn't noticed 'cause if you need it you do it.
Hmmm...... what happened today to force up the price of fuel?
Did the $aussie dive?
Did tankers get attacked by Iran?
No, appears the only thing that happened this afternoon was the school break began. You know, where parents decide to pack up the kids, now on hols, and head north for warmer climes.
Collusion? No, no collusion here. Or at least none the toothless agency, the ACCC, can find. They don’t appear to be looking to hard.

Vicky Park as the game preview thread is locked you wanted to know if the three of Brown, Daicos, Moore have previously played together?

Yes they certainly have.

Collingwood v Geelong

Round 22 of 2017.

In fact in a throw to nostalgia the club (deliberately) named the half forward line:

HF. Daicos ~ Moore ~ Brown

Was a wonderful throw to our history.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A message to Dwayne Thingo at Fox who I've had to listen to all night. I'm curious that he had a list of Nathan Buckley "failures" on the tip of his tongue that he marched out during a Pie loss. It sounded like he had learnt them by heart.

Well i have a few facts about DWayne. In his first year at Geelong he played 18 games and had 15 tackles all year. He played 12 games the following year and managed 6 tackles. In the next 3 years he played about 20 games for 10 tackles. For a team that was famously known as the hand-baggers, he seems to have been a particularly gutless wonder....particularly gutless. Geelong marched him out the door at around the same time that Buckley was starting his career. Both players would have played in SA around the same time which might explain Dwayne's fixation on buckley.

god i love that movie. Just wished they picked actors who looked like they could play some semblance of football though. The game was actually a 1st semi final? big crowd for Lions Pies!
Yes, it would have been the 1979 1st Semi-Final (3rd vs. 4th). This is the game: https://afltables.com/afl/stats/games/1979/040619790915.html

The crowd was 87,139, yet they said 130,000 in the commentary (obviously that was dubbed in)! I think they also named Brown and Jones for Fitzroy (in the commentary) and I don't know why they did that, since no-one with those names played for them that day, and they identified other players like Hansen and Quinlan correctly!

I don't usually post like this but **** Chris Scott and **** Geelong

From a club that's built a home ground capacity and income stream off the back of the public purse and AFL distributions, it's a bit hypocritical to then be questioning the how of those funds becoming available. I'm a traditionalist and even I'm not opposed to the GF moving to the home ground of the highest finisher, but as I understand it the contracts in place are there for 1 very salient reason, the State Government has committed enormous amounts of our money to allow appropriate redevelopments and this was their quid quo pro. Can't have it both ways. Coaches know it and should just shut the f&*$ up.

i'm watching the tennis at the moment to kill an hour or two. Anyway, there's a couple of absolute loser fox commentators.... two lads.... two boys at the bar pontificating on why certain players aren't up to standard.... not focused enough etc etc. I dont know their names. Maybe their mothers care. I think one of them is that boysie thing that was gushing over ashley barty a few days back. I think he played marbles at primary school and got to the finals. I'm sure some of the tennis players that he is dissing will be easily forgotten by history. These two blokes wont even be remembered 5 mins after the last spade of dirt is thrown on top of them....

From a club that's built a home ground capacity and income stream off the back of the public purse and AFL distributions, it's a bit hypocritical to then be questioning the how of those funds becoming available. I'm a traditionalist and even I'm not opposed to the GF moving to the home ground of the highest finisher, but as I understand it the contracts in place are there for 1 very salient reason, the State Government has committed enormous amounts of our money to allow appropriate redevelopments and this was their quid quo pro. Can't have it both ways. Coaches know it and should just shut the f&*$ up.
Yes & it makes me sick.

Sleepy Hollow has awakened mainly due to population growth & circumstance ( the council) of Kardinia Park.

They will be the dominate Vic club going forward. It's happened, is happening & will continue to happen.
I'm not asking for people to Cotton On or even consider a Costa living.

It's the income/independent stream by having a stand alone stadium & everything that brings.

Just happened to be passing past the Cattery as the final siren blew last week... it is a nice little area.

It is. Been to a couple of functions there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back