Don't want, (or need) to start a new thread - still want to post it though

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every body loves Raymond's., my parents did that's where they met.Raymond was and is a collingwood institution, how so, every time you go to Vic Park you walk or see them. The factories surrounding Vicpark are all ex Raymond''s!
Huge after and during WW2 Not only did Raymond's make shoes (they also created the first footy board game) they also fielded a football and cricket team in a competition more important than almost life.itself. Police,,CUB,fire brigade you name it all had teams and Raymond's more than held their own ,because it was crucial ,it meant your job!
For recreation darky would turn up and slap around a few "heavys" in the vfl reserves to as he said "keep the eye in" and let the young blokes walk a bit taller.
Make no mistake the champions played midweek .
Great mates with many great pies ,I was humbled at his funeral to see all the guys I idolised paying respects and they weren't all pies men!He took me into the rooms, he showed me Respect for the pies, you NEVER bad mouthed OUR club.
He idolised Leeter collier (a mentor) and was coached by stacky ( I used to sit on his knee) , these blokes stuck FAT and supported each other through thick and thin, worked together and chased skirt together. Real men who never spooked, took it on the chin and GOT ON WITH IT.
Raymond's was were you worked if you weren't working with Jock at the breweries, and playing in that league meant you earnt your stripes quick.it was never ever soft ,but it was a great standard.
Seems to me that when Raymond's shut , so did some of our soul!
Anyone else heard of Raymond's or know much about the midweek work competition?
Love to hear

Love this post even though I have no idea what it means.

European football (soccer) players usually pay respect to their old clubs by not celebrating goals they score against them...

Actually, they often refuse to play for arch enemies in the first place.

Not so Daisy... he revelled in sticking it up our cheer squad after kicking his goal last week.

The fact that a developing 2nd rate Carlton side was able to make us look stupid pisses me off to no end, which has prob compounded my resentment towards his actions.

Right now I'm ready to cancel his invitation to our next flag celebration, along with Malthouse for his offensive jibes at our club in the past, and anyone else that wants to disrespect the club.

May sound petty, but I just wouldn't do it... & I'll always respect the other players that dont / wouldnt either.

Listening to BBC world service last night and this reporter kept using the expression, 'and so on and so forth'. Something that I hadn't heard said for many, many years.
Thought it would be appropriate for some topics on here...
Buckley-'and so on and so forth'
Blair - 'and so on and so forth'
Eddie - 'and so on and so forth'
Game plan - 'and so on and so forth'
:p

Last edited:
Things have sunk so low with our coach that I was actually wanting daisy to kick the goal. I was like "we deserve this hurt, we took Malthouse for granted, we took the rat pack for granted, we derailed Cloke and loads of other players and leaked unnecessary information to the press, we let Nathan become more important than the Club yet again...".

What I'm getting at is that you reap what you sow....

And the sadest thing. The most "Collingwood" person on the park in 13 hours is going to be Heath Shaw for gws. The player who gets the importance of Lou Richards is playing in orange... and if Shaw gets the chance to kick a goal and celebrate for Lou I'll applaud it.

Things have sunk so low with our coach that I was actually wanting daisy to kick the goal. I was like "we deserve this hurt, we took Malthouse for granted, we took the rat pack for granted, we derailed Cloke and loads of other players and leaked unnecessary information to the press, we let Nathan become more important than the Club yet again...".

And the sadest thing. The most "Collingwood" person on the park in 13 hours is going to be Heath Shaw for gws. The player who gets the importance of Lou Richards is playing in orange... and if Shaw gets the chance to kick a goal and celebrate for Lou I'll applaud it.
Darcy Moore is pretty Collingwood...

I certainly haven't heard of Raymonds, but I'm not from Victoria, and don't exactly know much about the area around Victoria Park! You must be referring to the Industrial League, which had a Saturday morning and Wednesday competition. Did they play against the likes of the police and fire brigade teams, or were they in another competition?

There's a bit of a rundown on the Wednesday League here (but not the competition Raymonds played in):- http://www.boylesfootballphotos.net.au/Wednesday+League

http://www.footypedia.com/00003014.htm

Finding decent info on this team/competition around here wouldn't be easy, perhaps try on the Footy History board if you like.

I've had a bit of a look on Trove, you can find plenty there on the Raymonds team in the Industrial League if you wish to look. Finally, I'm curious, who are you referring to with this "For recreation darky would turn up and slap around a few "heavys" in the vfl reserves ~~"?![/

Dad played for the pies , his nickname was darky , played reserves looking after the young fellas, Richards Merrett .mann ect after 9 years in the war enlisted at 16 , returned to play at 26 , coached country footy after that.
Took particular delight playing Carlton and Richmond.
I had the run of the place as a child, count my blessings.

What a load of pulp

Please check calendar
Apparantly says 2017

I could easily argue that we're one of the best bottom two sides in the history of the game. So many close games, could be and hopefully will be a quick rebuild and rise

Handy draft pick coming our way too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In my shed having a Sunday beverage and wandered over to my team of the century print for a look, it is from 1897 which by my maths is 120 years, please explain

In my shed having a Sunday beverage and wandered over to my team of the century print for a look, it is from 1897 which by my maths is 120 years, please explain
I'm not totally sure of what you're asking here, (and I do like a Sunday beverage or two myself, but anyway) I'll guess that you are wondering why we are celebrating our 125th Anniversary. Sorry if that's not what you are thinking!!

We started as a club in 1892 (in the VFA). We joined the VFL in 1897 (the competition's first year). We played our first ever game (May 7th 1892 vs Carlton in the VFA) and the game we played against Carlton in the AFL the other day was to celebrate the 125th anniversary of our first ever game.

Supposed to be some breaking news on ch9 coming up , not good news apparently, maybe an injury.
Got me worried, surely it can't be a player asking for trade at this time of year?
- coach / administrator?
- injury?
Hopefully it's hyperbole

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back