Don't want, (or need) to start a new thread - still want to post it though

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah that was my thought that if not touched after a certain time, machine sucked it back in. Then I thought nah, science fiction.

Just glad I sort of listened to my friend otherwise wouldn't have done anything about it.

That’s a great outcome, glad you got the money back as $550 is a significant amount. If it was me, I’d be so annoyed with myself that I’d not removed the cash from the ATM and just assumed the next user hit the jackpot with my money.

Yeah that was my thought that if not touched after a certain time, machine sucked it back in. Then I thought nah, science fiction.

Just glad I sort of listened to my friend otherwise wouldn't have done anything about it.

Not sure how this works either but I’ve had a similar experience. On two occasions the ATM didn’t give me the correct amount, short changed me on the amount I entered for the withdrawal. Was on a weekend so I went online and found my way to the correct page (report a malfunction or whatever) and the missing amount was returned to my account within a couple of days. Their systems know when there is a discrepancy between the amount entered and the cash out.

BF maintenance seems complete.

Stephenson,Hoskin-Elliot, Elliot and De Goey are cursed and wont play anymore than a few games together.

Given the discussion on Stephenson and dumb things, I am well and truly over 19 and last Friday driving home from visiting friends, decided to stop at an ATM as I was going shopping on Saturday.

Put my card in, pressed my pin number, selected amount of $550.00 and drove away without collecting the money.:eek: I only realised that I didn't get the money after about 5-7 minutes. Drove back to see if money was still there - nothing. Still took more money out as I need it and also to check whether the ATM was working. It was.

I felt sick all week-end and was telling a friend about it Sunday night. She suggested I go to the bank as they have CCTV so I could report to police. Thought it was a bit of a longshot, so really didn't think much about it but on Monday I was in the area and decided to check it out and after giving my card and licence over (not sure why they needed licence), the teller checked and said they would deposit the money in my account on Thursday.

I have no idea how or why this happened but it seems they were over that amount in the ATM I went to. He didn't explain anything to me and I wasn't going to question, just happy that I didn't lose it.

So even older people can do dumb things.

A rational person would just say that it was God just thanking you for your efforts. What else could it be?

Meanwhile, if you ever realise you've left your money behind at an ATM, call your bank to lodge a dispute straight away. It turns out that most ATMs will swallow any unclaimed money within a few minutes, and the discrepancy will show up when the machine is balanced at the end of the day.
If no one came along immediately behind you, you stand a good chance of getting your money back

Thinking about ATMs got me thinking about how AFL players conduct themselves when they receive awards or win games. One example that comes to mind is Adam Treloar who got the Neil Daniher award last week. Although he said most of the right things, there was something lacking. It wasn't until I watched a few boxing matches on the weekend that i realised what it was.

Adam forgot to thank God. Now you might say it was just an oversight but it's something that Australian sporting people seem to regularly forget. In contrast, there's hardly a sporting contest in the USA where the winner doesn't make a point of thanking god in the first sentence of their acceptance speech. Are the Aussie sportsmen arrogant or just a bit forgetful? Israel Folau wouldnt be guilty of this omission, I'm sure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just another example overnight of the beautiful game. The scottish women can only blame themselves for their screw up at the women's world cup. However, the fact that the referee forgets the rules and has obviously had a fiver on the result, also hasnt helped them. I'm not sure what Gerard Whateley would make of all this. The soccer fans seem to accept it all. Maybe AFL fans need to realise that umpires make bad decisions. At least the impact of the umpires cant usually hand a result to one team. I suggest that we just rename AFL the uber game and gush about it a lot rather than being caught up with the mistakes

Has anyone had trouble trying to get tickets to a game at marvel stadium. I’ve tried picking from seats available on the map, but there doesn’t seem to b many options available. Trying to get tickets on the wing somewhere for pies north game next week. Is it possible this game could be almost sold out already or do they usually release more tickets the week leading up to the game?

Has anyone had trouble trying to get tickets to a game at marvel stadium. I’ve tried picking from seats available on the map, but there doesn’t seem to b many options available. Trying to get tickets on the wing somewhere for pies north game next week. Is it possible this game could be almost sold out already or do they usually release more tickets the week leading up to the game?
I think you will find home games packages will have seats pre allocated to members.
Away games depends on membership so that has seats allocated as well. Funnily (not really because that’s what I picked) both home and away seats at Marvel are close to each other.
Away games also has the home team allocated a selection of seats.

Perseverance and we’ll see you there.

Big game as it’s been two weeks since the last game and some ruction or other the other day.

I think you will find home games packages will have seats pre allocated to members.
Away games depends on membership so that has seats allocated as well. Funnily (not really because that’s what I picked) both home and away seats at Marvel are close to each other.
Away games also has the home team allocated a selection of seats.

Perseverance and we’ll see you there.

Big game as it’s been two weeks since the last game and some ruction or other the other day.
Cheers. I got tickets to dogs pies game, which is an away game for us, but struggling to find good available tickets for the north game! Hopefully some free up next week. Not overly keen on sitting behind the goals!

Not much choice at all.
As the AFL charge premium pricing for wing seats, I believe they are already sold.

C4C10119-E44A-48BD-B7D6-6197351B85BB.png

Not Stevo Related

The gambling rumours circulating some time ago may very well be true, including the bailout rumour

Well that could be monumentally s**t then. I'm choosing to assume it's not true for now. The ramifications if it is could make Stevo look like nothing.

Cheers. I got tickets to dogs pies game, which is an away game for us, but struggling to find good available tickets for the north game! Hopefully some free up next week. Not overly keen on sitting behind the goals!
I have given up buying tickets on-line for Marvel, go to my local outlet (Chemist shop) and get them from there.

Not Stevo Related

The gambling rumours circulating some time ago may very well be true, including the bailout rumour

Be careful B J I got shot down about this in another thread a few weeks ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back