Votes: 11 11.5%
  • Reece Conca

Votes: 55 57.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 29, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
After picking up Dion and Josh in the preseason and Reece looking for opportunities elsewhere, it was a belief of most that Dion would be a lock in the side and the best of these three players.
Five rounds in (and 5-0 let me add) and I feel at this stage the tables may have turned from preseason somewhat.
I thought (for my first thread) why not start a poll for the opinion of others on this.
Votes can be changed through the year to see how it may change.

I'd say prestia in round 1 played the best game of the lot. I'd probably have conca then prestia then caddy in terms of performance so far. but overall caddy and prestia have been pretty even. Prestia once he gets going will significantly outperform the other 2

At the moment, it is the former whipping boy Reece Conca imo.

But I'd like to see Prestia improve over the next few rounds, as apparently he only started full training relatively recently.

No options for Batch, Helbig, Derickx or McDonald?
Hahaha

I did actually think of putting Batch in, but that would have been a bit mean.

The other possible optio was Houli as he came to us in the preseason draft that year.

However this more about these 3 guys given they were all taken around the same position in the draft that year.

Given Prestia is still getting over his injuries and probably had the worst preseason of the 3 we can hope there will be significant improvement.
His kicking has been pretty woefull at times.

When he tried to kick a banana to the top of the square last night and hit the wrong side of the ball and kicked it 20 rows back I gave him a bit of a spray.... He may need the occasional week off, Miles would be a good replacement.

Best run of games I've seen from Conca. Amazing what a full pre season can do. No real howlers in terms of his kicking which is what always frustrated me. Let's hope he stays fit and proves everyone wrong.
The fact that's he's ahead of the other 2 is probably a reflection on the other two more than Conca though. That's probably a good thing because Prestia especially should only get better.

Best run of games I've seen from Conca. Amazing what a full pre season can do. No real howlers in terms of his kicking which is what always frustrated me. Let's hope he stays fit and proves everyone wrong.
The fact that's he's ahead of the other 2 is probably a reflection on the other two more than Conca though. That's probably a good thing because Prestia especially should only get better.

Beg to differ. Conca is ahead of Caddy and Prestia because he has been great this year.

Watching the replay I think Prestia was a bit better last night than I first thought.
I think he is one of those players that you can miss a lot of the in close things he does and remember the odd howler he seems to have by foot.
Funny thing is Conca is a bit the same although I notice him more have some poise with the ball in heavy traffic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Beg to differ. Conca is ahead of Caddy and Prestia because he has been great this year.
He has been great I agree. But we gave up a very high pick for Prestia and his output hasn't reflected that yet. I stress yet because I can only assume he's still dusting off the cobwebs from missing so much footy. I suspect Caddy will always be nothing more than a good to average player which is ok if he can be consistently good to average. Conca could still be anything. His work in traffic is pretty unique and with more confidence will only get better.
Overall, only positives to be taken out if this situation! :)

People a bit harsh on Prestia, I think his link up and extraction work is part the reason we get the clearances we do. Is proving as important as Cotchin around the stoppages.

People a bit harsh on Prestia, I think his link up and extraction work is part the reason we get the clearances we do. Is proving as important as Cotchin around the stoppages.
Just as important as Cotchin!? No way. I hope he becomes that but not even close right now. Cotchin is in unbelievable form at the moment. So much more damaging this year than the last couple. Winning contests, taking risks, breaking lines, hitting targets and kicking goals.
This change in gameplan/game style whatever you want to call it seems to have benefitted Cotch more than anyone.

Watching the replay I think Prestia was a bit better last night than I first thought.
I think he is one of those players that you can miss a lot of the in close things he does and remember the odd howler he seems to have by foot.
Funny thing is Conca is a bit the same although I notice him more have some poise with the ball in heavy traffic.
Didn't even notice him until the melee at the bench, almost forgot he was playing.

IMO Prestia has been very average so far
It's painfully obvious he's carrying some sort of nlniggling injury still, either his knee has flared up again or he has something not quite right with his groins.

Round 1 he came out like a house on fire, he had speed off the mark, good disposal and penetration in his kicking, and now its all gone out the window.

Biggest give away for mine is his lack of penetration in his kicking since after round 1.

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk

Conca is flying. Great to see.

It might be the Year of Redemption for the whipping boys. Grigg would be top 5 in the B&F count, easy. Good chance Astbury's accumulating some votes too. Houli's defensive work against Melbourne was maybe the best I've seen it.

Who on earth am I supposed to focus my negative energy on this season?

Back