Prediction DRAFT POLL_PICK #5_FINAL

Who do you want @ our Pick #5?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I would think they just select the name now. Just have to make sure you select the right one. Probably has an 'are you sure?' screen or an online cart. :)

For Richmond's 1st round draft picks*, it then follows up with 'Seriously? You're going with him?'

* probably on our 2nd rounders onwards too, to be fair...

For Richmond's 1st round draft picks*, it then follows up with 'Seriously? You're going with him?'

Probably have a Rick Roll screen pop up.

I would think they just select the name now. Just have to make sure you select the right one. Probably has an 'are you sure?' screen or an online cart. :)

PayPal not accepted!

Completely agree.
We need more talent and depth in this area of the ground.
Especially when next years draft looks good for more KPP talent.
If we are changing options on our pick off the back of an injury 2 days out I will deadset spew a lung.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carlton are trying for an abbreviated rebuild.

1. Get in SOS
2. Add SOSOS
3. Add SPS
4. Hope SPP slides
5. Add SOSOS2
6. Add SOSOS3

If only DVR's first name was Sam, Simon, Steve or ... or .... Stig.

There's that word 'depth' again. Coincidence? I think not.

Definitely not. I hear it everywhere. Usually preceded by 'You're out of your' but it still counts.

Out of the blocks. Ok. Interesting response. I wasn't suggesting institutional racism in the afl across all clubs and stakeholders, which your response seems to suppose. Simply that SPS is well under valued due to being a remote aboriginal. And an observation, let's face it, of a prevailing views in football circles that black fellas go walk about.

Rubbish. Your post directly stated that SPS was not going No. 1 in the draft because of the view (among those responsible for drafting) that indigenous players might go walkabout, etc. Such an attitude (which no doubt has existed - see matt Rendell) is demonstrably racist.

And what explanation other than racism do you think would cause SPS to be under valued "due to being a remote aboriginal."

Please try to make sense.

The vehement responses to any hint of accusation of racism in this field are indeed instructive.

The vehemence of my response (instructive as it is) is NOT directed to "any hint of accusation of racism". Indeed, if you comprehended my post I acknowledged it would be naive to think racism did not exist.

The vehemence of my response is directed to the complete absence of any justification by you of the lazy racist slur you cast upon AFL recruiters in general.

Why lazy, you aks? Because you gave no evidence to justify it. I explained how you might try to do so, though for myself I was unable to.

Rubbish. Your post directly stated that SPS was not going No. 1 in the draft because of the view (among those responsible for drafting) that indigenous players might go walkabout, etc. Such an attitude (which no doubt has existed - see matt Rendell) is demonstrably racist.

And what explanation other than racism do you think would cause SPS to be under valued "due to being a remote aboriginal."

Please try to make sense.

The vehemence of my response (instructive as it is) is NOT directed to "any hint of accusation of racism". Indeed, if you comprehended my post I acknowledged it would be naive to think racism did not exist.

The vehemence of my response is directed to the complete absence of any justification by you of the lazy racist slur you cast upon AFL recruiters in general.

Why lazy, you aks? Because you gave no evidence to justify it. I explained how you might try to do so, though for myself I was unable to.

You win the argument now. Is that right?

Back