• No

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Jack Watts

Votes: 2 8.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

If we didn't stop playing in the second quarter vs the Bulldogs we'd be 4th.
If WC weren't screwed by the short breaks vs Richmond and Dogs they'd be 3rd. I guess AFL trying to offset HGA with disadvantage of breaks between games, but yet Brisbane and Port had nothing like this?

If WC weren't screwed by the short breaks vs Richmond and Dogs they'd be 3rd. I guess AFL trying to offset HGA with disadvantage of breaks between games, but yet Brisbane and Port had nothing like this?
Yes, it wasn’t fair. If the goal reviewer in the Bulldogs game had made the correct decision we would have been third not fifth. Big stakes there.

Well it’s set now. We know historically that making a prelim from here is a lofty goal, pretty sure we’ve never made one from outside top 4 before.

Operation Not-Lose-Another-*******-Semifinal begins.

Damn, and Swans held them off for most of the game.
Well, it has to be history making from here, winning from 5th, with no further injuries
to key players preferred...It's a long way to the top if you wanna rockn'roll?
I guess if any team can do it, it'd be the Eagles, but you know....sheesh.

Last edited:
I'm not overly superstitious, but...many including I raised the odd numerical pattern and coincidences in 2018, and I truly believed it was fated. Winning in years ending in 2, 4, 6, 8, and now 0 continuing the pattern. Of course it sounds silly and many scoffed, but its something to hold onto.

Realistically I think we're a chance if we can really turn it on in finals. For me a prelim appearance would be a pass mark for me.

I think what’s disappointing for me is, because we’re always around the place come finals time (which is great, better than being a team that rarely gets in) we’re always in with a shot of top 2 or top 4, and that’s when you need a bit of luck. Just seems like the last few years we haven’t had anything go our way, in terms of teams around losing and giving us a leg up into a higher position. It happens every year with every team, but seems to have eluded us the past few years. Makes finishing 5th-8th harder to swallow, because there’s some many sliding doors moments that could’ve seen us finish higher up (again, same for all teams) like in 2012 losing to Brisbane by an arsy torp from the centre square, or this year by the non width of goal post padding. We can’t win it from 5th, so it then feels like another wasted year, because we expect success around here, not to just make up the numbers

I think what’s disappointing for me is, because we’re always around the place come finals time (which is great, better than being a team that rarely gets in) we’re always in with a shot of top 2 or top 4, and that’s when you need a bit of luck. Just seems like the last few years we haven’t had anything go our way, in terms of teams around losing and giving us a leg up into a higher position. It happens every year with every team, but seems to have eluded us the past few years. Makes finishing 5th-8th harder to swallow, because there’s some many sliding doors moments that could’ve seen us finish higher up (again, same for all teams) like in 2012 losing to Brisbane by an arsy torp from the centre square, or this year by the non width of goal post padding. We can’t win it from 5th, so it then feels like another wasted year, because we expect success around here, not to just make up the numbers
if you make your own luck you dont have to worry about arse.

I thought if we made top 4 we would lose week 1 anyway due to lack of personnel , so it may well work out better for us . More time at home . A game in front of WA fans . So hoping we win the home game its the same as losing the 1st game from p4. There are silver linings to this . Ideally we have our best 22 on the park when we need them but best 19 did it in 2018 . So here is hoping .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

if you make your own luck you dont have to worry about arse.
Yep. Fact of the matter is we werent good enough. Frankly I dont think we prepared for the condensed fixture well enough vis a vis resting key players for certain games, and it came back to bite us. Noone to blame but ourselves.

Intensity goes up in finals. We have to increase our intensity to win, so no - they should not treat it as round 19.

If we can flick the switch we are as good a chance as any this year, our best is right up there. Instead of looking to try and get there for 12 quarters, they should just aim for 16.

It's difficult enough to go hard for 12 quarters in a row, so 16 isn't likely.

Kostya Tszyu's trainer, Johnny Lewis, didn't get his fighter going hard from the outset, he worked his fighter into a lather and upped the intensity in the later rounds instead of expending the emotional energy from the outset and leaving his fighter drained when it really mattered. The same applies in West Coast's situation here. No need to get revved up and expend emotional energy on an EF that they're likely to win anyway. There's only so many times you can go to the well, so why use it in an EF? WC should play down the EF as just another game and keep what they have in reserve for the greater challenges ahead.

Look we probably would lose to PA in adelaide, they've touched us up recently and Dixon would kick another bag with no shooter mcgovern

It doesn't matter who we play at Optus we'll win, so it's who we play in the semis

Yeah I dont get the whole "Port are our bitches" thing.

Sure weve won at Adelaide Oval a few times but they've been very close amd the last one close to 5 goals down.

The last 2 times weve played theyve run rings around us easily at home and in qld.

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

Really want to play Geelong in a final, with Kelly kicking the winner. I’m a sick bastard I know😀
Kicking Geelong out of finals with Kelly B.O.G then beating Richmond in a GF would truly make me quit my job and live off the land because I will have experienced everything good there is to experience in life.

But no chance at the flag.

Anyone who isnt putting their house on Richmond is cooked.

No travel. Night Grannie. Wet. Small team.

Theres only one reason the GF is in Brisbane and its not Brisbane the team or the city itself.

Sorry for the negativeity. Im not normally like this. Thats more a Biggie thing...

Back