Play Nice Eddie McGuire comments on holding Caro Wilson underwater

Remove this Banner Ad

This is just the sort of Victim Blaming BS we need to get rid of in our society. I posted this in post on the Richmond thread but feel its more appropriate here. There is a huge difference between stirring up someone in while they are present to defend themselves and insulting someone behind their back. The facts are that Eddie has big issues with Caro and has so far years. She doesn't stand for his bullying, his condescension or his arrogance and frequently calls him out on it. It was Caro who argued that Media personalities shouldn't be Club Presidents due to conflict of roles. Here is a prime example of when that has occurred yet again.

It's one thing to debate with and rib someone to their face but another entirely to joke about group violence towards women. If MMM really was only joking and inadvertently were sexist without intending to then they should have taken the lead of Carey, who spoke directly after the incident on the show, and either explained that it was all in jest or apologised. T. Shaw did as soon as he thought Caro could be offended and he made his comment with her present - None of the MMM did until they realised they were forced too.

They are people tens of thousands of people listen too every week. They need to be well aware of that fact at all times.

See your first paragraph was so close, then you went and ruined it with your second.
Its not group violence towards women, its group violence. Its not DV its assault they were joking about, or even murder if you want to get technical.

Eddie and Brayshaw have been two very good club presidents. Their clubs have been very successful and very rarely do their roles in the media cause a conflict of interest. In my opinion Caro was wrong on that.

I don't think anyone here really has victim blamed (maybe a few posts by idiots) but moreso said that there has been a long bow drawn to DV and the 'woman card' has come out when the gender was totally irrelevant.

Notice when on 'The Project' the hosts discussed firing one of their other hosts out of a cannon, nobody batted an eyelid, because the 'victim' was a male. He also wasn't present, it was also joked that he'd be killed and one of the other hosts would like to light the fuse. Same situation, no news, no apology.

She was clearly targeted because she was a woman, the fact no other journalists have been targeted in the same manner as her (and remember this repeated unreasonable behaviour towards her - the definition of bullying) is evidence of that.
This idea is laughable.

Another journalist on channel 10 was discussed about being fired out of a cannon in the same sort of situation because his opinions don't align with that of the hosts on the show at the time..
He was male, but of course that barely made a ripple.

Caro was targeted because she writes incredible inflammatory things about a number of people and SPECIFICALLY Brayshaw and McGuire.
She must have targeted them because they're women...wait...

Listened to the comments in detail just before and they are vile.

The way they all were invited in, one male after another to pledge their support 'are you in?'.. 'yep im in' .. was done in a shockingly intimidating and shovonistic way.

It is bullying, it was uncomfortable to listen to and it is no way to speak about someones wife, someones mum, someones daughter.

Nothing CW has done invites or condones those pig headed comments.

It was also said with feverish venom, he sounds almost fired up, theres no defending it.

Firstly I think what was said was totally uncalled for and not funny and wrong. However I think you are getting a bit carried away. I heard laughing, you say "feverish venom"... Do you think it may be you with the feverish venom now?

Also to speak about someones Husband, father, son should also be construed the same way.... If what was said is bullying (and yes i think there was some bullyinh) then it is wrong to anyone, gender doesn't matter... so why do you make it about gender.

Her personal vendetta against Brayshaw in particular is well noted.
It doesn't take much 'research' to know that.

But you can do your own research, thanks.

If you're unwilling to provide evidence of her "shame and slander" as you put it then it is irrelevant to the conversation. You made the allegation, I dispute it but if you are willing to provide some evidence for discussion I'd be willing to consider it. You can't prove a negative, I could search for years trawling through articles and not find something that isn't there but as you've asserted she has "shame(d) and slander(ed)" Brayshaw and McGuire I'm sure you know what you're talking about and can point to various examples. Like for instance the examples people have raised of McGuire and his cohorts bullying her.

Go and see who attacks female press writers like Miranda Devine and Rita Panahi the most.

Feminists love to say they are all about empowering women and wanting women to have a voice.

Yet as soon as a woman who has a voice and has some power disagrees with their narrative, they go after those women with as much venom and vitriol as any "misogynist" goes after a woman.

This idea is laughable.

Another journalist on channel 10 was discussed about being fired out of a cannon in the same sort of situation because his opinions don't align with that of the hosts on the show at the time..
He was male, but of course that barely made a ripple.

Caro was targeted because she writes incredible inflammatory things about a number of people and SPECIFICALLY Brayshaw and McGuire.
She must have targeted them because they're women...wait...

What inflammatory things has she written? I'm intrigued. Is it only inflammatory because she wrote it? Robbo accused 1/4 of the Pies of being on drugs but that seems to be all but forgotten. Is questioning the longevity of McGuire's presidency cause for bullying now? Or (rightly at the time) suggesting the Kangaroos were being relocated to the GC? I'm genuinely interested to know what she has done that is so inflammatory that makes her "fair game" for bullying. Because as I said this isn't a "one-off" this is repeated behaviour by the same group of antagonists.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

She's not a real victim, people who are actually assaulted are victims
She wasn't a victim on her own radio show, just when the media told her she was a victim

As we know Eddie is the real victim.

I don't even think Caro thinks she is a victim per se it's more she rightly thinks Ed is being being a petty bully

What inflammatory things has she written? I'm intrigued. Is it only inflammatory because she wrote it? Robbo accused 1/4 of the Pies of being on drugs but that seems to be all but forgotten. Is questioning the longevity of McGuire's presidency cause for bullying now? Or (rightly at the time) suggesting the Kangaroos were being relocated to the GC? I'm genuinely interested to know what she has done that is so inflammatory that makes her "fair game" for bullying. Because as I said this isn't a "one-off" this is repeated behaviour by the same group of antagonists.

I thought the whole witch-hunt against her by Essendon supporters during the drug scandal was completely unjustified and unwarranted seeing as she was one of the only journalists brave enough to stand up against the club, hunt for facts and not sweep everything under the carpet. Especially against Hird. Funny how she ended up being proven right isn't it?

You have not seen the stories written about him or social media up in arms .

Social media is perpetually up-in-arms about something. Most people would have realised Sam Newman isn't worth paying attention to after the whole blackface thing, or the time he defended Matty Johns by attacking the character of his accuser, or the mannequin thing, or Street Talk in general. "Fossil" is the most accurate nickname he could have ever been given. Anybody surprised by what he said yesterday is dumb for expecting any better from him.

As I said I'm not doing the research for you, but essentially personal attacks on both of them through her columns over many years.
The personal feuds between these people are pretty well known.

She isn't 'fair game' for bullying not what I said, it just has nothing to do with her being a woman. It is to do with the fact that she writes inflammatory statements about those particular people.

Robbo said that, and who is to say he is wrong? He hasn't been proven wrong, in fact the numbers prove he may be very well correct (presuming one of the teams with double figures is indeed Collingwood).
So when Buckley went on 360 and made comments to Robbo about what he'd written and said, what oppressed group did he belong to?

Social media is perpetually up-in-arms about something. Most people would have realised Sam Newman isn't worth paying attention to after the whole blackface thing, or the time he defended Matty Johns by attacking the character of his accuser, or the mannequin thing, or Street Talk in general. "Fossil" is the most accurate nickname he could have ever been given. Anybody surprised by what he said yesterday is dumb for expecting any better from him.

Matty Johns had every right to be defended. There was NO ACCUSATION

Edit: I am not talking about Sam attacking the girl. I am talking about being defended in General

Last edited:
If you're unwilling to provide evidence of her "shame and slander" as you put it then it is irrelevant to the conversation. You made the allegation, I dispute it but if you are willing to provide some evidence for discussion I'd be willing to consider it. You can't prove a negative, I could search for years trawling through articles and not find something that isn't there but as you've asserted she has "shame(d) and slander(ed)" Brayshaw and McGuire I'm sure you know what you're talking about and can point to various examples. Like for instance the examples people have raised of McGuire and his cohorts bullying her.

Mainly because I'm in Canada and its almost midnight and I cant be stuffed trawling through google to find the articles I've already read.

You can do that if you want evidence.

I have nothing to prove to you. its all there if you want to look, if you cant be bothered, then don't.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back