EDFL "A" Grade - 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
actually made my way down to the doutta v avondale game today, was a good match and a great win by the heights.

the most surprising part of the day was straight after the match, johny barnes made his players do 6 x 400's.

myself and many other people did not approve of this decision to make his players do that. he humiliated them in front of those who watched on.

but again was great to see the heights win their first game of the season, i understand they have a few players to come back into the team, so hopefully they can pinch a few more wins this year/

I actually watched that as well

They are very young so it's a bit outside the square and I didn't mind it. It was p*%ing down and it was designed to ruffle a few feathers. The old break em down and build em back up

What I don't like is the game style. chipping the ball around with kids backwards, forwards, sideways won't help their game style.

the chipping from doutta stars was very odd given their running football looked better than avondale heights for most of the first and second quarters. what kept heights in it was every time the ball hit the deck inside forward 50 they were a chance for a goal. up the other end doutta stars were out of contention a lot of the time once option A didn't work.

actually made my way down to the doutta v avondale game today, was a good match and a great win by the heights.

the most surprising part of the day was straight after the match, johny barnes made his players do 6 x 400's.

myself and many other people did not approve of this decision to make his players do that. he humiliated them in front of those who watched on.

but again was great to see the heights win their first game of the season, i understand they have a few players to come back into the team, so hopefully they can pinch a few more wins this year/

you're saying he made them run 2.4ks after the game? why???

the chipping from doutta stars was very odd given their running football looked better than avondale heights for most of the first and second quarters. what kept heights in it was every time the ball hit the deck inside forward 50 they were a chance for a goal. up the other end doutta stars were out of contention a lot of the time once option A didn't work.
Did the same thing the week before, were a lot more dangerous with quick ball movement instead of chipping the ball around waiting for a turnover.

you're saying he made them run 2.4ks after the game? why???

well considering doutta stars ground is one of the biggest in the league, i would say it would be more than 2.4ks.

why he did this to them in pouring rain? i do not know. but it extremely wierd to see the contrast between these guys running around that oval in those conditions, to seeing the avondale guys absolutely ecstatic to grab a much needed win.

some of the doutta's players could hardly run and they still had to do the laps.

maybe its a question that someone inside the club can answer for us?

and my god, his half time spray could be heard from all corners of the ground. would have been nice to go over and have a listen to the spray. thankfully he yelled that loud i could hear everything from my car

I'm no coach and I didn't see the game but getting the ball in quick and occasionally long to a marking option has to be worth a try every now and then, rather than chipping it around & giving the opposition time to get numbers back. It must be very frustrating for their tall forwards??

well considering doutta stars ground is one of the biggest in the league, i would say it would be more than 2.4ks.

why he did this to them in pouring rain? i do not know. but it extremely wierd to see the contrast between these guys running around that oval in those conditions, to seeing the avondale guys absolutely ecstatic to grab a much needed win.

some of the doutta's players could hardly run and they still had to do the laps.

and my god, his half time spray could be heard from all corners of the ground. would have been nice to go over and have a listen to the spray. thankfully he yelled that loud i could hear everything from my car

It's 512 mtrs

Watched a nearly full strength Marby Park give it to a very Dissapointing Strathmore on Saturday.Strathmore were second to the ball all day and had a few blokes hanging out when the pill was on the line.
Heath Ayres and Shannon Broadbent dominated in contested footy and the combination of Livingston and Daley looked a force up forward.
I believe Strathmore had a couple out like Zantuck and Morell but there not going to make up 13 goals.
And what a great indication of how strong the EDFL is becoming with so many ex AFL players running around.

Watched a nearly full strength Marby Park give it to a very Dissapointing Strathmore on Saturday.Strathmore were second to the ball all day and had a few blokes hanging out when the pill was on the line.
Heath Ayres and Shannon Broadbent dominated in contested footy and the combination of Livingston and Daley looked a force up forward.
I believe Strath had a couple out like Zantuck and Morell but there not going to make up 13 goals.

From recent first hand experience, depending on who is missing from a team it can have a huge flow on effect.... e.g - When you're missing two key position players, two guys get pulled from flank/pocket positions to cover, then two guys get pulled from midfield rotations to cover them you have reserves players coming into the mix etc etc In the end 2 blokes being out can mean 6, 8 or even 10 or more are playing out of position and the effect can multiply.....

That being said, MP are an awesome outfit and when their midfield is up and running, they're really tough to stop....

It's 512 mtrs

Hey Bricksta - How's the feeling down at DS since Saturday? Did JB give a reason why he humiliated the players by making them run 3km's in the rain after the game? Did he explain what he hoped to achieve by doing that? From all reports AH were just too good on the day, is that the general feeling or were DS that bad?.
From what I hear there are a lot of players & long time supporters "NOT HAPPY JAN" with the ****-roach

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey Bricksta - How's the feeling down at DS since Saturday? Did JB give a reason why he humiliated the players by making them run 3km's in the rain after the game? Did he explain what he hoped to achieve by doing that? From all reports AH were just too good on the day, is that the general feeling or were DS that bad?.
From what I hear there are a lot of players & long time supporters "NOT HAPPY JAN" with the ****-roach

Why is everyone asking Bricksta, if people are that interested why dont they go and ask the coach ???

That is perhaps one of the stupidest things ever. Wouldn't be surprised if he lost a few of the players after that.

Good coaches share the blame for defeats-JB is a renowned dill.He surely must accept that he is part of the reason for their loss.
I played for Essendon Tullamarine and used to hate Douttas but still respected them.This kind of shit is not helping Douttas-Des Tuddenham tried to do this crap 30(maybe 40 years ago) at Essendon making player do laps on there hands and feet or something like that-absolute bullshit

Overrated idiot Barnes-What was his penalty for the loss.

Gooday Russell Mcdonald-I used to go to school with you and others at Moonee Ponds West and know you and other former Doutta boys are trying to get Douttas back to where were in their halycon days.

Good luck to the real Doutta Stars people

don't kid yourself. a lot of these guys are earning more than $500 per game after tax. plus they get a tonne of food/drinks.

imagine how much lucas must be earning. around $1,500 or more?

If they are only there for money, there would be other clubs where they'd receive similar payments..
The fact is, it's an interesting move from Barnes, it'll be interesting to see how Douttas go next week as a result.

If they are only there for money, there would be other clubs where they'd receive similar payments..
The fact is, it's an interesting move from Barnes, it'll be interesting to see how Douttas go next week as a result.

At the moment Doutta play a negative brand of football. Chipping the ball backwards and across the ground is noway to win a game. The team is full of young fit kids, let them run the ball down the ground and see what they can do. If your going to lose a game why not try a few things instead of trying to conserve percentage and maintain possesion. See what the kids can do

Good coaches share the blame for defeats-JB is a renowned dill.He surely must accept that he is part of the reason for their loss.
I played for Essendon Tullamarine and used to hate Douttas but still respected them.This kind of shit is not helping Douttas-Des Tuddenham tried to do this crap 30(maybe 40 years ago) at Essendon making player do laps on there hands and feet or something like that-absolute bullshit

Overrated idiot Barnes-What was his penalty for the loss.

Gooday Russell Mcdonald-I used to go to school with you and others at Moonee Ponds West and know you and other former Doutta boys are trying to get Douttas back to where were in their halycon days.

Good luck to the real Doutta Stars people

Mate you are not wrong Barnes is one big dill and can not coach, take a look at his record.
Its like a disease it passes on to the players, get rid of him Douttas before you end up in B grade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back