EDFL U16 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Well done to the 3 players. Browning would have missed a few games with Vic Metro which may cost him.

Turbo - looks like not being in teams best hasn't hurt Evans........
I understand Darcy Cassar from Keilor has also been invited along to the EDFL B&F night, with 4 players up will be interesting to see how it unfolds

A pretty tight struggle today between Abers and Strathmore, Abers worked Strathmore out, reduce the output of Jury, Cavallero and West which they did and they were able to prevail in a tense last qtr, Abers took their chances, Strathmore didn't Cavallero wasn't allowed to dictate play across half back which was a real win for Abers, Jury and West were probably only break even at best!
Will be interesting to see whether the week off is good or bad for Hillside, Abers have their tales up and will be confident having knocked the Sharks off earlier in the yr!
Hopefully it's a cracking game

If strathmore didnt have cavallaro yesterday they would have lost by a fair bit more. I thought he was clearly best player on the ground. First time ive seen him play and he is such a beautiful kick for his age. Would not be surprised to see him play at the next level as he reads the play so well.
Good even spread helping aberfeldie to the win. Young Fletcher played well in the ruck. Good result for the them given that evans and minton connell were well held yesterday. Evans kicked a long goal in last quarter which proved to be the difference.
Sets up nice game next week.

If strathmore didnt have cavallaro yesterday they would have lost by a fair bit more. I thought he was clearly best player on the ground. First time ive seen him play and he is such a beautiful kick for his age. Would not be surprised to see him play at the next level as he reads the play so well.
Good even spread helping aberfeldie to the win. Young Fletcher played well in the ruck. Good result for the them given that evans and minton connell were well held yesterday. Evans kicked a long goal in last quarter which proved to be the difference.
Sets up nice game next week.

Yes i should clarify, i didnt think young Lucas Cavallero played poorly far from it, i have seen him play some terrific games this yr and Im a big rap for the Kid, it was more that Abers picked him off a bit better and he wasnt quite as effective
Abers were able to set up behind the footy and were able to counter attack and at times got Strathmore on the spread
Hillside will need to bring their very best next week, Abers have got some confidence!

Gutsy win by Aberfeldie over the favourites in Hillside. Aberfeldie gave them another start and they simply outran them in the last quarter. Have done it in every final . They were down a man after quarter time as well which made the win even better. Too good on the day.

Gutsy win by Aberfeldie over the favourites in Hillside. Aberfeldie gave them another start and they simply outran them in the last quarter. Have done it in every final . They were down a man after quarter time as well which made the win even better. Too good on the day.
Yep Hillside just couldn't go with them in the end!
Hazik was terrific early
Abers had great run and carry, Hillside looked slow and heavy!
Jacob Martin was awesome in the last qtr, won several clearances out of the centre and pumped the ball forward, great effort by Abers to win it from 4th spot
Congratulations to them

Yep Hillside just couldn't go with them in the end!
Hazik was terrific early
Abers had great run and carry, Hillside looked slow and heavy!
Jacob Martin was awesome in the last qtr, won several clearances out of the centre and pumped the ball forward, great effort by Abers to win it from 4th spot
Congratulations to them

Thought it was good for Evans confidence to kick a goal early. I believe it was his first g/f, so would have been nervous. Hazing was very dangerous all game and it was good to see both coaches making changes to try and create goals throughout the game. Hazing going into the midfield late was strange as he was the most dominate forward. Maybe better to isolate him in the 50 and push everyone up. Evans into the ruck and Fletcher forward seem to create headaches for Hillside. Every time the ball went forward they looked nervous. Was a great game to watch. Very physical and would have been very pleasing for that talent to be on display for the league. Nice day and big crowd, which I don't think would have been disappointed. In the end, centre clearances by Brkic and Martin were to dominant for Abers and were simply playing the best team footy at the right time of the year.
Can't remember the last time a side has come from 4th place to win it. So congrats to the players and coaching staff for obvious hard work that has paid off.

We got any predictions for 2017 with the top 4. And who will win it?

Given that the U17 comp is effectively the same lists as last year's U16 comp, one would imagine the favourites for the Top 4 will be Abers, Hillside, Keilor and Strathmore. Craigieburn and West Coburg will be competitive and I would imagine the teams promoted from Div 2 (Moonee Valley and East Keilor?) will perform better than the two going down. Looks like a good comp in Div 1 in 2017.

Given that the U17 comp is effectively the same lists as last year's U16 comp, one would imagine the favourites for the Top 4 will be Abers, Hillside, Keilor and Strathmore. Craigieburn and West Coburg will be competitive and I would imagine the teams promoted from Div 2 (Moonee Valley and East Keilor?) will perform better than the two going down. Looks like a good comp in Div 1 in 2017.

Good point, but with it being under 17s things like cannons and private school footy will come into effect. So maybe a little unknown at times with these factors as to how strong teams are, or where they finish on the ladder.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back