EFL - Short Post Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Just a short Post, I remember all the Masturbating at EFL HQ over the Hawks setting up at the old Junior Warriors Ground. Announced today Dingley. Bang!!!

Just a short Post, I remember all the Masturbating at EFL HQ over the Hawks setting up at the old Junior Warriors Ground. Announced today Dingley. Bang!!!
Wonder if Mulgrave or Waverley would consider moving to the VFL park of the EFL since there's now an empty ground?

Would put Mitcham's grandstand to shame. At least a chance for finals in the future.

No good for finals as there's no parking, no fences and it's not exactly in the "East".

A local club could move there I guess but from what I'm reading Hawthorn want to sell or lease it to pay for their new place. Who the hell is going to lease an elite sport in facility in Mulgrave, I'm not sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No good for finals as there's no parking, no fences and it's not exactly in the "East".

A local club could move there I guess but from what I'm reading Hawthorn want to sell or lease it to pay for their new place. Who the hell is going to lease an elite sport in facility in Mulgrave, I'm not sure.

What rights do Hawthorn have over it? Do they own the land, or is it crown or Council land that they have a lease over that they want to sub-let?

I think you're right about it being a tough ask. Vic Cricket perhaps because the Vic indoor centre is nearby in Clayton? But they'd need to invest in a turf wicket and cricket doesn't really need a grandstand.

I'm going to roll over to the Hawthorn board to find out what the hawks fans think of shifting from Mulgrave out to Dingley. The struggling Saints have just abandoned Seaford because it's so remote and far from their fans, yet the Hawks are moving to an old tip in Dingley?! Mulgrave is a Hawthorn area since the days when the Hawks used Waverley as their home ground during their successful era.

They own 85% of the facility in a 3 way deal with Mirvac and the State Govt. I can see that at some stage in the future not only will it be their training facility but might also become their ground. That would mean the gate money would go to Hawthorn in a similar manner to the gate money at Kardinia Park. Wouldn't hurt to have another ground available to the AFL in Victoria.

Dingley is an expanding area with a lot of interest in Footy. Just go and have a look at how many teams the Dingley Football club has!

Plus they'd get all the parking fees as well!!!!!

Last edited:
They'd need more than $50mil to build an afl standard stadium me thinks cliff! More like $500mil....and you wouldn't build it there. It's a waste land! Market gardens and tips....and golf course'. It's just another training and admin facility, just newer. I'd reckon this would be a disadvantage moving to singlet as they're moving away from there traditional base of the easy, into stkildas area. Guess time will tell. Wouldn't have thought stkilda would be building a brand new facility at seaford and high tailing it after less than ten years, because the players can't get a decnt coffee. See similar things happening with this one!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What rights do Hawthorn have over it? Do they own the land, or is it crown or Council land that they have a lease over that they want to sub-let?

I think you're right about it being a tough ask. Vic Cricket perhaps because the Vic indoor centre is nearby in Clayton? But they'd need to invest in a turf wicket and cricket doesn't really need a grandstand.

I'm going to roll over to the Hawthorn board to find out what the hawks fans think of shifting from Mulgrave out to Dingley. The struggling Saints have just abandoned Seaford because it's so remote and far from their fans, yet the Hawks are moving to an old tip in Dingley?! Mulgrave is a Hawthorn area since the days when the Hawks used Waverley as their home ground during their successful era.

Bit of a complex deal, I think Mirvac own the land, they lease it to Hawthorn, and there's a deal with the council which allows public access. A lot of the fixtures inside etc are owned by Hawthorn, it's their gear, they'd be able to transfer a lot of that to Dingers but not all.

Cricket is moving to the Junction Oval and are committed there. Saints are moving to Moorabbin.

Eastern Ranges maybe, but not exactly "East" is it

It's exactly as I have already posted they own 85%. Mirvac and the State Govt own the other 15%. Council has no ownership at all. In all, I believe they paid a grand total of $2 for it.

Bit of a complex deal, I think Mirvac own the land, they lease it to Hawthorn, and there's a deal with the council which allows public access. A lot of the fixtures inside etc are owned by Hawthorn, it's their gear, they'd be able to transfer a lot of that to Dingers but not all.

Cricket is moving to the Junction Oval and are committed there. Saints are moving to Moorabbin.

Eastern Ranges maybe, but not exactly "East" is it

It's probably right on the border of Ranges and Stingrays, not central to either and they don't really get crowds.

Can't see there being much value in the place unless it's used by a large-ish sporting club, otherwise that grandstand will fall into decay (who's responsible for maintaining it?). If Hawthorn were exercising ownership/lessor rights, it'll cost them more than it brings in, I think.

Well FS being up there you will have missed some others in the news.
The big antenna dish on the top of the hill near the Surrey Park water tank was nominated by Whitehorse council to be heritage listed, but it was eventually tossed out.
The most laughable is the Burvale Hotel, it has been listed at the moment, much to the dismay of the owners who want to pull it down and rebuild, but can't. Plenty of loopy councillors in Whitehorse at the moment.

Only takes a few of those locals getting the government to change it's mind regarding Waverley grand stand. But now with the tiny streets and access limited, demolition would be pretty disruptive too the locals. Good riddance to it I say. It's always been a shithole, and I've always lived 15 minutes away!

It was a completely ridiculous decision at the time Lowey! The stand was built in 1971, footy stopped being played at VFL Park in 1999 I think - 28 years and heritage listed!! Fk me. If they pulled the whole thing down then, left the oval as good green space or let a local footy club start up then all good but like you said, now it would be a complete nightmare for locals to have it demolished.

Thats just stupid Cliff - how moronic are some people over this sort of rubbish.

Well FS being up there you will have missed some others in the news.
The big antenna dish on the top of the hill near the Surrey Park water tank was nominated by Whitehorse council to be heritage listed, but it was eventually tossed out.
The most laughable is the Burvale Hotel, it has been listed at the moment, much to the dismay of the owners who want to pull it down and rebuild, but can't. Plenty of loopy councillors in Whitehorse at the moment.

That's not the real reason they can't tear down the Burvale. Have a look at the roof and try to imagine what it might be made of, given the time it was built.....The only way they could afford to take it down is if they have a massive development of the site, something the locals would probably call an over-development.

I'd be supportive of it, though. That joint is a dump.

That's not the real reason they can't tear down the Burvale. Have a look at the roof and try to imagine what it might be made of, given the time it was built.....The only way they could afford to take it down is if they have a massive development of the site, something the locals would probably call an over-development.

I'd be supportive of it, though. That joint is a dump.

Well that's a different argument than Cliff has put up. If your correct Saint well its up to the owners to pay the cost of removing the asbestos and rebuilding if that is what they actually want to do and they can afford the cost then nothing should be stopping them. If they cant afford it then so be it. Or is it due to a heritage listing. Which one is correct?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back