crackertiger

Team Captain
Sep 21, 2002
Geelong
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
richmond
Post this Covid-19 and Bush Fire situation the time has come for a proper marquee event. A game to celebrate the work and sacrifice of the emergency services including hospital staff etc. This game cannot be a regular fixture for minnow clubs. A harse call but we need a real draw card event that becomes an honoured and regular fixture. Perhaps a rotating fixture each year where most of the bigger draw card clubs get a go. We just cannot make this a sympathy game for struggling clubs. We need big crowds to raise money for this event so it needs to be a a proper revenue generator. We need to support our emergency services.

Post this Covid-19 and Bush Fire situation the time has come for a proper marquee event. A game to celebrate the work and sacrifice of the emergency services including hospital staff etc. This game cannot be a regular fixture for minnow clubs. A harse call but we need a real draw card event that becomes an honoured and regular fixture. Perhaps a rotating fixture each year where most of the bigger draw card clubs get a go. We just cannot make this a sympathy game for struggling clubs. We need big crowds to raise money for this event so it needs to be a a proper revenue generator. We need to support our emergency services.

There doesn't need to be a charity/tribute game for every "cause". Total load of codswallop

Awesome idea. The game could have different sirens related to each emergency service. Umpires could wear full lab coats to support scientists. Nurses could wear skimpy outfits and be cheerleaders for the day. Doctors will be invited to the corporate luncheon and test gillon to find his heart.

Well why not make it fun. Maybe Gillon could get a Prostate check by one of those nurses. We do need to look after Men's health you know.

This already exists. Hawthorn and Collingwood played in it. I believe it was a Friday night game towards the end of 2019.

Well why not make it fun. Maybe Gillon could get a Prostate check by one of those nurses. We do need to look after Men's health you know.
Instead of sliding down into ice-water like they do during the Big Freeze, Gil could slide down on his stomach onto an enlarged finger.

There doesn't, the phony state of origin 2020 was a bushfire relief event. You don't need a COVID-19 event!

The police also get recognition in a Hawthorn v St Kilda match, emergency services in Hawthorn v Collingwood.
There's breast cancer awareness, testicle cancer awareness...............

May as well add an AFLW awareness round while we are at it (they need all the help they can get apparently!)

Then Hawthorn should walk away from the Collingwood game if it does not matter Xtreme. Let another club do it properly with Collingwood.

There doesn't, the phony state of origin 2020 was a bushfire relief event. You don't need a COVID-19 event!

The police also get recognition in a Hawthorn v St Kilda match, emergency services in Hawthorn v Collingwood.
There's breast cancer awareness, testicle cancer awareness...............

May as well add an AFLW awareness round while we are at it (they need all the help they can get apparently!)

Nobody is suggesting there has to be a game for every cause, but you're off your head if you think the emergency services people shouldn't be recognised for their contributions to society.

So what if it happens to be done via a footy match or round? Is your experience of that game or round diminished in any way, shape or form? Or are you just having a whinge because you can?

Your moral compass is completely skew-whiff if you're complaining about games for breast and testicular cancers. I mean really.

As for the AFLW, thanks for reminding me you're the shmuck who didn't think it'd be around in year 2 or 3. Missed it by that much.

Nobody is suggesting there has to be a game for every cause, but you're off your head if you think the emergency services people shouldn't be recognised for their contributions to society.

So what if it happens to be done via a footy match or round? Is your experience of that game or round diminished in any way, shape or form? Or are you just having a whinge because you can?

Your moral compass is completely skew-whiff if you're complaining about games for breast and testicular cancers. I mean really.

As for the AFLW, thanks for reminding me you're the shmuck who didn't think it'd be around in year 2 or 3. Missed it by that much.

My point is that its already been done and doesn't need to be done again ;)

And I was merely highlighting the AFL's greed in jumping on bandwagon's. Whenever they see an opportunity for publicity they dive right in

afl-yes-768x440.jpg
LOL

My point is that its already been done and doesn't need to be done again ;)

And my point is that's a ridiculous thing to put forward.

There are many things worth celebrating, and raising money and/or awareness for. And the AFL are in a great position to be able to do exactly that.

I'm sorry if that in any way diminishes your opinions of the footy or the services being provided. But that's well and truly your problem.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There are many things worth celebrating, and raising money and/or awareness for. And the AFL are in a great position to be able to do exactly that.

When they're making clubs reduce staff numbers and crying poor due to not being able to play any games, thus attempting to extend the current broadcast deal in order to get some funds. The only position they're in right now is the fetal position :)

When they're making clubs reduce staff numbers and crying poor due to not being able to play any games, thus attempting to extend the current broadcast deal in order to get some funds. The only position they're in right now is the fetal position :)

Yep, we've officially reached the stage that you're now going off on a tangent because you've hopefully realised how absurd your initial post was.

It took longer than it should have, but I'm glad we got there eventually.

Yep, we've officially reached the stage that you're now going off on a tangent because you've hopefully realised how absurd your initial post was.

It took longer than it should have, but I'm glad we got there eventually.
No you're just using poor attempts to diminish an opinion you disagree with as is the 'progressive' way.

Everyone's entitled to draw a line, I'm sure you wouldn't be happy if every single game was themed in something. You need to realize you aren't a hero just because you post that you support s**t online and attack others that don't.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back